PDA

View Full Version : Friday Part 7...Originally Freddy Vs. Jason?!?

Peter Vincent
09-05-2002, 06:57 PM
I don't know if U guys caught this at imdb, but I thought it was interesting about Friday The 13th Part VII...

This film was originally intended to bring Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger together onscreen for the first time. But when Paramount Pictures (at that time was holding the rights to the "Friday the 13th" franchise) and New Line Cinema (who holds the rights to the "Nightmare On Elm Street" series) couldn't agree behind the scenes, the script was rewritten to pit Jason up against the telekinetic Tina Shepard instead.

Its right here: http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0095179

So was Jason supposed to lose from the get-go? Or maybe the loss was rewritten as well! Still this was interesting!

KillerCannabis
09-05-2002, 09:42 PM
Very interesting. I'm sure that the Freddy v. Jason they would have made in the 80's would have been light years better than the fodder they are going to assault us with soon. I have such low expectations for the upcoming flick, mainly due in part to casting. No Hodder, but that gorilla from Destiny's Child is the lead? Someone shoot me in the face right now.I loved Jason X, but this just sounds bad.

Peter Vincent
09-06-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm sure that's why New Line bought the rights to "Jason" all along! They were just aching to make this film. I don't think any of New Line's Jason Chapters have faired well in the Box Office (unfortunately).

Mr_Man
09-09-2002, 01:19 AM
I'd love to see the pre Tina script.