PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Me

thegreeninferno
09-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Hi. I just was browsing around Ebay, and noticed a few cats selling Happy Birthday to Me 'uncut'. I know its been asked before, but does anyone know if this film is in the works for a DVD treatment. This is one of my fav 80's slashers. I was quite disappointed with the treatment the so-and-sos over at Paramount did with 'My Bloody Valentine'(nice transfer, but nothing...not even a trailer??), but I've never seen an uncut print of that film available anywhere. Anyone know who own(owns, owns!) the rights to HBTM? Or should I waste my $ on a crapola quality(but uncut) bootleg VHS?
Oh yeah....while I'm here, anyone know the status of 'The Burning'? MGM is working on that one, right?

thanks,
Boy Omega
shameless plug for my band... (http://www.mp3.com/faceoffury)

rhett
09-08-2002, 06:05 PM
I don't think we can count on seeing Happy Birthday To Me anytime soon. Columbia doesn't really give a rats ass about their obscure catalogue titles, and I imagine if they ever do release it, it will be in Pan and Scan.

MGM is working on The Burning, but I imagine it wont be out until probably next October. I hope they get Tom Savini involved like Blue Underground did with The Prowler.

horrorboy101
09-10-2002, 04:16 AM
Can you a post a link to one of the eBay auctions. I would like to get HBTM uncut.

KillerCannabis
09-14-2002, 02:40 AM
Never seen HBTM, but it sounds interesting. Didnt the director just die? That'll slow up any eventual commentary tracks for the movie.

rhett
09-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Watch it Cannabis, and if you can predict the ending, then I'll give you my entire DVD collection. :)

Hellbilly
09-14-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by rhett
Watch it Cannabis, and if you can predict the ending, then I'll give you my entire DVD collection. :)
Let's see...that'll be Perfect, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo and Butt Blazer.
:D ;)

rhett
09-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Haha, don't forget two other great cheese-fests: The Blue Lagoon and Love Story. :cool:

McBride_01
09-15-2002, 04:41 AM
This is another slasher gem. Anyone who is a fan of them shouldn't miss this one. I like the weight-lifting death... OUCH!

wago70
04-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Now that we have the DVD...has anyone seen it available via bootleg in its uncut version?

rhett
04-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Let's see...that'll be Perfect, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo and Butt Blazer.
:D ;)
Wait, I don't own Butt Blazer...