PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Troma Movie?

Vdlman
12-31-2000, 04:44 AM
I'd like to know what everybody's favorite Troma movie is. My favorite is definitely The Toxic Avenger. Second favorite would have to be Troma's War. Mother's Day, Class of Nuke 'Em High, Cannibal! The Musical, and Tromeo and Juliet are all classics too in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Vdlman (edited 12-30-2000).]

ctyner
12-31-2000, 05:01 AM
Just considering the film itself, I'd say "Sucker the Vampire". If I could count a movie with commentary, I'd say "A Nymphoid Barbarian In Dinosaur Hell", which I find unwatchable otherwise.

------------------
My DVD list (http://www.weirdal.org/me/html/dvd/list.php3) | bigwolfoncampus.org (http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org)

Mark Relford
12-31-2000, 08:02 AM
I'll go with Combat Shock. It's a downright nihilistic movie with a very memorable ending. The commentary with Giovinazzo and Buttgereit was entertaining and informative.
Giovinazzo's No Way Home (with Tim Roth) is worth checking out. Hopefully, we'll see more movies from this raw talent.
The Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'EM High, and Cannibal: The Musical are must haves.
On the Mother's Day disc, there's a trailer for a movie called Unspeakable. It looks somewhat promising!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 12-31-2000).]

TobalRox
12-31-2000, 08:03 AM
I have both Toxie and Tromio and Juliet on DVD, as well as Cannibal, but I still hate to consider that Troma (I dunno, just a weird thing I have about considering Trey Parker a Troma director). I also have Class of Nuke 'Em High on VHS, but it's the one VHS movie I have that I'm not getting the DVD for because I just really didn't get into it. I may watch it again sometime in the future, but as my feelings stand now, I'll be selling the VHS to whoever wants it. I have yet to see any other Troma movies though.

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

DVD Connoisseur
12-31-2000, 12:53 PM
My favourite Troma movie is the original Toxic Avenger - great fun! I look forward to buying the super re-release I read about recently. Combat Shock was impressive although it isn't really a Troma movie (they just bought the rights to it). Gruelling viewing - an early Deadbeat 'Til Dawn, me thinks!

fishhead
12-31-2000, 07:04 PM
Toxic Avenger is my favorite, closely followed by Cannibal! The Musical. The commentary on Cannibal has got to be the best ever.

Hey, DVD Connoisseur, what's that about a re-release of Toxic Avenger? What's on it and when's it coming out?

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

Jason25
12-31-2000, 08:55 PM
I also have to go with Sucker The Vampire, it is very enjoyable.

David666
12-31-2000, 09:46 PM
Toxic Avenger
Class of Nuke 'Em High
Rabid Grannies
Cannibal: The Musical
Vegas in Space
Tromeo and Julliet

Just saw A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell and laughed my ass off at how truely bad this film was. In that respect I liked it, there is always room in my collection for something to throw in to amuse party guests.

------------------
-David

"Didn't they tell you Kirsty, the rules of the fairy tale have changed. Not only am I the wicked stepmother, but I'm also the evil queen. So come on! Take your best shot, Snow White!"
- Julia (Claire Higgings)
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

"If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?"
... who knows, its on the radio all the time.

DVD Connoisseur
12-31-2000, 10:56 PM
fishhead, I can't find the site where I originally read this info but I'm sure Troma are re-releasing Toxic Avenger in a new special edition format shortly. The news I read was that the version would be totally uncut and there was also speculation about a Toxie box set. I've just been over to the Troma / Toxic Avenger sites but was unable to learn anything new there. I'll post back as soon as I find more info.

Vdlman
01-01-2001, 02:26 PM
DVD Connoisseur, I read on Fangoria's website in the "Video Chopping List" that Troma has plans to release a Toxic Avenger trilogy box set in April. They are also going to be re-releasing Toxic Avenger 2 as the real director's cut because the DVD of it that's out now is just labelled as "the unrated director's cut" but it really isn't. I haven't heard anything about a re-release of the first one though.

Anyhow, Troma is really going to have me busy this year because I plan on getting Toxic Avenger 3, the Toxic Avenger 2 re-release, Christmas Evil, and Graduation Day all on DVD. I just ordered the Mother's Day DVD and I have that one coming too.

DVD Connoisseur
01-01-2001, 09:58 PM
Guys, has anybody seen Terror Firmer? This is certainly receiving the 5 star treatment from Troma, a 2 disc set, no less! I'm curious about this movie as I've read no reviews. Is it worth purchasing?

Mark Relford
01-02-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur:
Guys, has anybody seen Terror Firmer? This is certainly receiving the 5 star treatment from Troma, a 2 disc set, no less! I'm curious about this movie as I've read no reviews. Is it worth purchasing?

It's inspired by Kaufman's entertaining book, "All I Need To Know About Filmmaking I Learned From The Toxic Avenger." Here's a review: http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/articles/terror_firmer.shtml

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-01-2001).]

TobalRox
01-02-2001, 05:38 AM
I know that Terror Firmer has a cameo of Trey Parker and Matt Stone in it as a hermaphodite couple. The trailer looks interesting enough, and I'll be getting. Maybe it's just the trey and matt thing (anyone who knows me knows i'm a huge fan, just look at my quote), but I'm also a sucker for 2 disc sets :-)

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

jae
01-02-2001, 06:29 AM
dunno if its technically a Troma movie, but I would vote for Bloodsucking Freaks. I don't know what the hell it is about the movie.. I thought it sucked but really wasn't THAT terrible, then it began to grow on me like a fungus.. I had no intention of buying the DVD then suddenly I pick it up because I can't quit thinking about the movie for some odd reason.. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

jeffschmidt
01-03-2001, 04:48 AM
REDNECK ZOMBIES!!!

One of the goofiest, most quotable Troma flicks ever http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif I love that zombie's PSA/disclaimer at the beginning!

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

David666
01-04-2001, 12:28 AM
Man, how could I forget REDNECK ZOMBIES? That film rocked.

Zombie Keeper
01-06-2001, 06:14 AM
I can tell you the worst, Redneck Zombies!

------------------
Zombie Keeper
Zombie Keepers Crypt (http://www.geocities.com/zombie_keeper/)
Horror Movie Reviews

mutleyhyde
01-06-2001, 06:16 AM
Hmm... sounds like a match made in heaven. I wanna see you guys on Celebrity Death Match.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Heaven17
01-09-2001, 12:15 AM
@ll: My favorite is Mother's Day I love it http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Then Rabid Grannies but this is not a real Troma Movie! BTW the US-DVD is Cut http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif
And of course Toxie 1 & 2, Decampitated is good and very fünny!
Def by Temptation is also okay.

------------------
"It was a Dream,we live inside a Dream":Agent Jeffries/Twin Peaks

Jeremy
01-09-2001, 05:11 AM
The Toxic Avenger and Preacherman (not a Troma film, but they own it now).

Allanhc
01-10-2001, 02:37 AM
Chopper Chicks in Zombietown (NOT on DVD yet) and Mother's Day.

shift
07-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Mothers Day and Combat Shock. Cool ass flick!:banana:

puddytay
07-25-2003, 08:39 AM
I think they all suck.

mcchrist
07-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, I did like Toxic Avenger and Surf Nazi's...

But my god, I do not want any of their discs on my shelf. Maybe Toxic 1, but as far as non-kosher Troma films Bloodsucking Freaks is the shit, and it pisses me to no end that that movie is on their label. Troma blows, by all means let them burn in hell. I want to take Lloyd snipe hunting one day...

DefJeff
07-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Yeah, BLOODSUCKING FREAKS definitally takes it if we are talking Troma discs, but acutal Troma films, the only one I like is the first TOXIC AVENGER

CJ
07-25-2003, 08:30 PM
I can't say I'm really a great fan of Troma movies, though I did like Mother's Day and I thought Terror Firmer was quite good and actually quite funny in places.

leonardo
07-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Toxic Avenger
Class of Nuke 'Em High
Rabid Grannies
the dead come home Region 2
tromas war
BEWARE! children at play
surf nazis must die
Terror Firmer

god bless troma!:D

MapleBob
07-25-2003, 11:55 PM
I would say Blood Sucking Freaks, if that counts as a Troma Film. Otherwise Mother's Day.

I wish someone other then Troma would release their stuff, though.

aoiookami
07-26-2003, 02:05 AM
gotta go with terror firmer. I laughed my ass off. I never thought ripping off someone's leg and beating them with it could be so hilarious (Spanish accent) "Thats my leg you bitch!":lol:

I love stupid humor

Jeffrey Dahmer
07-26-2003, 03:07 AM
Mother's Day or Toxic Avenger.

life_o_petey
07-26-2003, 03:27 AM
damn this thread is old. but anyway, i'd have to say the first two Toxic Avenger movies do it for me. Class of Nuke 'Em High was a lot of fun, too.