PDA

View Full Version : Favorite horror spoof?

jae
01-31-2001, 12:32 AM
I caught a couple of reviews for <COUGH COUGH> the Bare Wench Project and the Erotic Witch Project and have to say, they sound pretty cool.. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif Not only do they incorporate healthy amounts of sex but they're also supposedly really funny spoofs on Blair Witch Project..

Anyone have any favorites?

mutleyhyde
01-31-2001, 01:44 AM
Hands down, bar none...
Young Frankenstein

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Chucky P
01-31-2001, 02:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mutleyhyde:
Hands down, bar none...
Young Frankenstein

You got that right!

I would also consider Bride of Frankenstien since it spoofs the orignal (for example SIT DOWN!!!)

fishhead
01-31-2001, 02:52 AM
Well, I'm going to have to be the fearless soul and say....

Scary Movie!

http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill a lot of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

Harms the Stoppa
01-31-2001, 03:31 AM
how many sex scenes are in erotic witch project? are they long? what average length?

------------------

evileye
01-31-2001, 03:43 AM
If SCRAY MOVIE can rake the cash in, how come Paramount can't release STUDENT BODIES??? http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/tongue.gif

jae
01-31-2001, 04:44 AM
Young Frankenstein is great.. Thats probably the only one I own.. Vampire Happening looks pretty good too. It seems like a Fearless Vampire Killers for the late 70's era Hammer movies with more sex.. I've rented it, should be here in a few days. Looks good despite bad reviews.

Alan Smithee
01-31-2001, 05:10 AM
What about Saturday the 14th?

jeffschmidt
01-31-2001, 05:33 AM
Back in college me & my roomies rented Bare Wench off the satellite; man that was weak! The only way we got through it was by drinking beer & playing Magic: The Gathering during the whole movie.

The chicks are pretty hot, though & in the outtakes under the credits there's this scene with one simple line & this bimbo has to do it about a hundred times to get it right; that was probably my favorite part http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

Jamm
01-31-2001, 12:36 PM
I have to agree with Alan Smithee on Saturday the 14th. Pandemonium was also good. I haven't seen either of these movies in years.

As far as Blair Witch spoofs, I haven't seen Bare Wench or Erotic Witch, but I have seen The Bogus Witch Project, and "Da Hip Hop Witch" (I actually own both pieces of trash). Bogus Witch was mildly funny at times, but Da Hip Hop Witch is just plain dumb! Thankfully, both were free.

I also thought Scary Movie was good, but I though Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th had much better writing For a made for TV movie, this was really good.

Ash
01-31-2001, 03:32 PM
I gotta go with Scary Movie too. I hated all the Scream movies so i found Scary Movie very amusing.

------------------
Ash - webmaster@deadites.net
Deadites Online - www.deadites.net (http://www.deadites.net)

gunner
01-31-2001, 03:48 PM
I'm going to have to go with a more obscure title to list as my fave.I have a copy of a spoof entitled "There's Nothing Out There" it's a well made horror spoof about a group of vacationing teenagers going for a weekend in one of the teens parents summer cabin by the lake.Well in the group there's one teenager that claims to have seen every horror movie on video cassette.He's paranoid (and annoying)through the whole film and constantly warns the other people of danger.Well the killer in the film isn't a madman but a slimy martian,the spoofs and effects are really great and it's a shame it didn't ever get more credit,you should look for this one at your video store.My second favorite has got to be Bride of Chucky (sorry)

[This message has been edited by gunner (edited 01-31-2001).]

Gnaghi
02-01-2001, 01:35 AM
has anybody heard about scary movie 2... i saw a listing for it on imdb... hopefully its true... of course id rather them redo kids that would be hilarious... marlon as telly... my friend already started writing a spoof of it... drugs can do weird things to a person... like make them start screenplays in the middle of the night.

The Chaostar
02-01-2001, 07:13 PM
1)
Young Frankenstein

The only parody that truly respects the film it's based on 100%. The exact oppossite of Scary Movie that is ...

2)
The Fearless Vampire Killer
HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU FORGET THIS ONE?

Rock
02-01-2001, 07:39 PM
I got a BIG kick out of GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH!

David666
02-01-2001, 08:41 PM
Young Frankenstein was very good.
Pandamonium was quite funny as well.
Evil Dead 2 always seemed like a spoof of the first one to me, so I'd have to list that here.
Saturday the 14th was ok.

All the Blair Witch parodys suck. The only one I found to be mildly funny was the one that combines Wizard of Oz and Blair Witch. The worst would have to be Da Hip Hop Witch, it ranks right up there with Scary Movie as two of the all-time worst spoofs ever made. 5yo toilet humor doesn't appeal to me.

------------------
-David

"Didn't they tell you Kirsty, the rules of the fairy tale have changed. Not only am I the wicked stepmother, but I'm also the evil queen. So come on! Take your best shot, Snow White!"
- Julia (Claire Higgings)
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

"If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?"
... who knows, its on the radio all the time.

jae
02-01-2001, 08:46 PM
I had hoped to check out Vampire Happening tonight but as usual with Netflix, the DVD got here broken in half and they can't ship another copy because its out of stock (do they only order 1 copy of these movies? Half my queue has been out for a month)

Has anyone seen this and could maybe recommend it as worth buying? Again, it seems to be in the same vein as Fearless Vampire Killers but more of a spoof on the late 70s Hammer movies..

hojimoji
02-01-2001, 10:42 PM
Dracula, Dead and Loving It had a few moments, alothough I wouldn't call it a classic by any means.

G.

Mark Relford
02-01-2001, 11:01 PM
Yes, The Fearless Vampire Killers is high on my list. Excellent performances, beautiful sets, gorgeous cinematography, and an atmospheric score are to be found in this neglected gem. Jack MacGowran and Roman Polanski are excellent as the bumbling vampire killers.
Favorite scene: Polanski being pursued by The Count's gay son. (Funny shit!)

I second Student Bodies! Paramount needs to get on the ball and release it on disc!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

Mark Relford
02-01-2001, 11:13 PM
...and Blood Diner was an affectionate
tribute/parody of Blood Feast. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 02-01-2001).]

Vdlman
02-02-2001, 12:20 AM
Some favorites of mine include Young Frankenstein, Student Bodies, and Scary Movie.

[This message has been edited by Vdlman (edited 02-01-2001).]

rhett
02-02-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by hojimoji:
Dracula, Dead and Loving It had a few moments, alothough I wouldn't call it a classic by any means.

Yes! I completely agree with you hojimoji! I feel that this is definitely underrated, even for a Mel Brooks film. It was a great poke at the whole Dracula genre.

"Renfield, you asshole!"

I also really liked another underrated Brooks horror/Hitchcock spoof, High Anxiety. Anyone else like it?

[This message has been edited by rhett (edited 02-01-2001).]

mutleyhyde
02-02-2001, 03:16 AM
High Anxiety is great! It's not horror, but I just caught Silent Movie a week os so ago on TNT, or one of those stations. Ahh, memories. Classic Mel Brooks is the shit. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde