PDA

View Full Version : Anchor Bay site

David666
12-31-2000, 11:13 PM
Its been a while since I had vistited the Anchor Bay website. So I checked it out. Well, I HATE their new site. The old site was much better, more informative and had a more in-depth listing of their upcoming releases. Things change, this I know. But, it doesn't always mean for the better.

------------------
-David

"Didn't they tell you Kirsty, the rules of the fairy tale have changed. Not only am I the wicked stepmother, but I'm also the evil queen. So come on! Take your best shot, Snow White!"
- Julia (Claire Higgings)
Hellbound: Hellraiser 2

"If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?"
... who knows, its on the radio all the time.

JBENE
12-31-2000, 11:58 PM
I totally agree with you on the site. It used to download alot faster and was also easier to search upcoming titles.

DVD Connoisseur
01-01-2001, 12:09 AM
I'll third that. The new site is an example of "style over substance." (And it can take an age to load up certain pages!)

Django
01-01-2001, 01:51 AM
Their new site is the same as most of their product.

Like the Connoisseur said, style over substance...

Mark Relford
01-01-2001, 02:02 AM
Yep, It takes forever to load up on my DC. (Poor man's computer.)

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

ArrowBeach
01-01-2001, 03:29 AM
plus n order to get to coming soon, you have to click a genre, then click new, then click list all, or something, very painful! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/mad.gif

AceRimRat
01-01-2001, 09:01 PM
I like that there's some more in-depth stuff now. On the other hand, I really, really, really, really, really, really hate that there's no longer an easy way to get to the title list. I can never find anything on there anymore.

DeepDownTraumaHound
01-03-2001, 11:09 PM
I hate it too! what a pain in the ass!

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

Vdlman
01-04-2001, 02:43 AM
I don't care much for their new site either. It is very slow with the downloading and the list of upcoming releases was much easier to find on the old site.

fishhead
01-04-2001, 03:40 AM
I don't like the new AB site either. It takes way too long to load and it's terrible to try to find anything on it.

I hope our sentiments can find their way back to AB...

------------------
"You know the rules, when we work undercover we have to remain faceless."
"Oh, I get it, just in case we kill lots of innocent people."
Frank and Ozzy, Bad Taste

ArrowBeach
01-05-2001, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by fishhead:

I hope our sentiments can find their way back to AB...

I doubt it. They just put a full page ad in a video magazine, boasting how much their site improved, and how much more fun it is,and how it gets 4 million hits! Kind of like Yahoo on their recent auction policy. Bad change is better attitude!