PDA

View Full Version : Zombie re-release

jimmyx
12-17-2000, 04:04 PM
Can anybody confirm that Anchor-bay will be re-releasing Zombie next year.
If so will it have the same commentary track?

Jeremy
12-17-2000, 04:52 PM
Anchor Bay will be re-releasing it sometime, but they haven't set a date and it's not on their in-production list. I'm sure it will have the commentary track, though, unless their relations with Roan turn sour.

JBENE
12-18-2000, 03:42 AM
AB is gonna re-release it in a Limited Edition Tin and it's gonna have better picture quality.The original release has already gone out of print.

------------------
I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.And I'm all out of bubblegum
-THEY LIVE

Dave
12-18-2000, 03:48 AM
Just spoke with my Anchor Bay contact.

Too soon to have any specifics on Zombie, but at this point they "doubt it will be offered in an LE tin".

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

TTCFAN
12-18-2000, 07:13 PM
Zombie deserves Tin treatment...unless they got better plans for it....hhhmmmm?

mutleyhyde
12-18-2000, 07:43 PM
Yes, they will have something better. Instead of a tin, it'll be wrapped in flesh!

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

Mark Relford
12-18-2000, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBENE:
The original release has already gone out of print.

Tell me about it! My Worst Buy had plenty of copies left last month. Never bought one due
to mixed reviews concerning the transfer. Can't wait to get the remastered edition of this Fulci classic, along with Maniac and Vigilante! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

Scorpio
12-19-2000, 06:25 AM
Can anyone offer confirmation as to this going out of print? That's certainly news to me.

Dave
12-19-2000, 06:39 AM
<A HREF="http://www.image-entertainment.com">Image Entertainment</A> lists the DVD as Discontinued - that's a safe bet that it is true.

I'm hanging onto the Roan Group LD until Anchor Bay puts something better out.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

Jasondog
12-19-2000, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde:
Yes, they will have something better. Instead of a tin, it'll be wrapped in flesh!

mmmmmm fleeeeeeeeeesh

ArrowBeach
12-19-2000, 07:42 AM
never cared much for VIGILANTE. There are better revenge flicks that needs re-mastering or restoring than that! I mean the film ends so abruptly. At the theatres I was like "huh, thats it??!!"

DeepDownTraumaHound
12-19-2000, 04:25 PM
On eBay the the Zombie DVD from anchor bay that I have is going for like $40-$50! it must be out of print if that many people are paying that kind of money for a copy that is, honestly, crappy quality. And just as a side note, I really can't stand the commentary on the DVD. BORING!

------------------
"Do you have to open graves to find a girl to fall in love with?"

Big Bobby D
06-18-2004, 08:35 AM
How many versions of Zombie is coming to dvd? You all are saying that Anchor Bay is going to release it (again) I also read that Shriek Show is gonna release it and so will Blue Underground. What's the deal? Which one is gonna be worth buying? The Shriek Show version is supposed to be the full uncut version (yeah, like we've never heard that one before!!!) trailers, still galleries and over 2 hours of cast and crew interviews (yeah, I know, that sounds pretty hard to believe, but that's what I read.)

dwatts
06-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Given that the date on the first post is December 2000 - I think it safe to assume they were talking about a PREVIOUS reissue. ;)

Welcome to the forums.

Grim
06-18-2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah, there's a whole thread in Euro-horror about the two new releases, this was obviously before Anchor Bay realized they were losing the rights.

Smartt
06-18-2004, 07:11 PM
The tin releases weren´t that good sellers (blame CANDY for that!), so AB dropped the tins for good.

FulciZombieFan
06-18-2004, 07:47 PM
The only Anchor Bay tins that I have are THE BEYOND and LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE.

I also have that awesome WOOD BOX they did for THE WICKER MAN.

The only other tin I wish I had bought was the REPO MAN one.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
I also had the HELLRAISER tin but I bought it for my GF who recently moved out and took it so I guess I don't have it no more :cry: