PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Cannibal-genre movie?

McBride_01
09-16-2002, 05:51 PM
I would have to go with Cannibal Holocaust, followed closely with Jungle Holocaust. While Jungle Holocaust is more of an action-oriented film and has characters you can actually care for, Cannibal Holocaust has a more lasting impression on me. I love the documentary feel of it and the disturbing nature. One scene that comes to mind is when they are filming one of the crew looking at the woman on the stake and he's smiling. Then the cameraman tells him they are filming and he has to straighten up real quick. I for one believe this film says alot about the nature of the media, and sensationalism.

BTW, sorry if I left any out...

DefJeff
09-16-2002, 06:01 PM
cool poll

i chose Zombie Holocaust, because i love the outrageous gore and the awesome zombies (all 5 minutes of them). It was followed closely by Cannibal Holocaust and Ferox.

one i did notice you left out is Mountain of the Cannibal God, but thats alright, it wasnt too good anyways :)

McBride_01
09-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DefJeff
cool poll

one i did notice you left out is Mountain of the Cannibal God, but thats alright, it wasnt too good anyways :)

Thanks!

And DOH! Feel free to moderate that moderators. Though I agree, I don't think that one is that good. :)

Max Yokell
09-16-2002, 06:42 PM
Well I had to go with Jungle Holocaust because of just how far the lead actor went into character for that role. Kind of reminded me of Hanks in Castaway.

Max

moogong
09-16-2002, 06:52 PM
I really dont like the cannibal movies. Just never really got my interest. Soo....I voted for Zombie Holocaust..thats the only one I own on dvd and thats only for the zombies.

Shannafey
09-16-2002, 07:01 PM
I personally don't think much of any of those films. My favorite cannibal film is Ravenous.

Cujo108
09-17-2002, 02:11 AM
CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST by far! This film is an absolute masterpiece, that is gritty and disturbing as hell! One of the best horror films, period!

STREET TRASH
09-17-2002, 05:16 AM
For some reason I'm not being allowed to vote, so I'll just type what I chose here. I'm an ex-fan of the cannibal films, nowadays these type of pictures rarely impress me... same goes for European horror altogether, but that's another post. Anyway, I picked CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST. The others are cheesy, dull and devoid of entertainment. Especially MAN FROM DEEP RIVER. Boresville that was...

thrashard76
09-17-2002, 08:06 AM
Since I've seen only two of these movies and own both of them (Zombie Holocaust & Cannibal Ferox) I'll go with Ferox. :D There is more gore and a better plot in that one. Also, it is my introduction into cannibal cinema.....:o....*Mmmm!*

KR~!
09-17-2002, 08:33 AM
Cannibal Holocaust is yummy!

All cannibal movies are kinda the same, seen one you see them all, but this one is special, it's a masterpiece!

Beastus
09-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Shannafey
I personally don't think much of any of those films. My favorite cannibal film is Ravenous.

I agree, but I won't call it a cannibal film. It's much more than that. More like a action/adventure/black comedy/horror/drama movie with a cannibal myth wrapped into it.

KillerCannabis
09-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Cannibal Ferox is my vote. Nothing beats that scene of Mike getting his wanger hacked off. And the eyeball scene too. That ruled.

DefJeff
09-17-2002, 08:42 PM
cant forget the tit hanging scene. how the fuck did they do that!?

McBride_01
09-18-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
cant forget the tit hanging scene. how the fuck did they do that!?

That's the most memorable scene in Ferox to me...

mcchrist
09-19-2002, 03:30 AM
Cannibal Holocaust...

That soundtrack wigs me out, man! Creepy shit!

bwana the clown
09-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Ferox for me. Hell, it wins just for having the coolest poster art!