PDA

View Full Version : End of Year- Worst/Disappointing DVDs

Mark Relford
01-01-2001, 08:25 PM
Well fellow horror fanatics, here's my top 5 worst DVDs of 2000. And landrvr, thanks for the inspiration. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/smile.gif

(5) Ms. 45- Cut version from Image. (Shame on you, guys!) Very disappointing, cause this one's a classic.

(4) Dreamscape- Very underrated and an obvious influence on The Cell. Okay, I had to get that out of my system. A boobie shot was cut, along with some blood. Even more frustrating since it's a decent SE.

(3) Sleepaway Camp- Another cut DVD! (sigh)

(2) TCM 2- Um, you know the reasons why. I'll leave this carcass alone.

(1) Trancers- UGH!!! The only Full Moon disc in my collection and there's a damn good reason why. This cult classic deserves better!

Worst DVD Cover- TCM 2

Worst Commentary- Evil Dead Trap and Something Weird. Last year's honor goes to the sleep inducing Savini track on NOTLD '90 and Ferrara's lame track on Driller Killer.

Best use for a coaster, frisbee, or pooper scooper- NOTLD 30th Anniversary aka: Hackmaster 2000 Edition. Yeah, this DVD was released in '99, but WTF. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Any more turds to add?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

Cujo108
01-01-2001, 11:39 PM
I love the Sleepaway Camp DVD. It has always been one of my favorite movies and the cuts are so small that I hardly noticed. The commentary is entertaining too in my opinion.
Anyways, here are the worst of the year:

5) TCM 2- I agree wholeheartedly on this one.
4) Escape From New York- A Carpenter classic that MGM gave a fucking bare bones release!
3) Halloween 6- Dimension, give me a fucking break. No extras, and I would like to see the Producer's Cut.
2) Pumpkinhead- Everyone should know what is so awful about this one!
1) Cujo- Artisan really dropped the ball on this one! Full frame and no extras!

krowbar
01-02-2001, 12:04 AM
i agree with the Escape from New York comment. mgm could have given us something else besides the trailer!

------------------
"Hey,Sweden!"

Mac from J Carpenters "the Thing"

Mark Relford
01-02-2001, 02:01 AM
The cuts on Sleepaway Camp are minimal compared to the massive cuts on Ms. 45 or the jarring cuts on Dreamscape. But it's still disappointing, considering the good transfer and overall package. Besides, I couldn't think of many shitty DVDs in my collection from last year. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif
At least Escape From New York has a good transfer. (Unlike TCM 2) The commentary and bank robbery deleted scene would've been grand.
Another bottom of the barrel contender would be Santa Claws.
Btw, welcome to the forum, krowbar!

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

joltaddict
01-04-2001, 04:07 AM
The Amityville Horror. Absolutely no escuse for a bare bones release of a movie that has so many potential supplements.

Yeah, I know I ranted about this before but it really pisses me off.

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

gunner
01-04-2001, 02:37 PM
I've seen some totally horrible discs in 2000 but I must say that Cult Epics release of Driller Killer holds the crown of worst disc ever.With it's "as bad as vhs" transfer,unlistenable audio commentary by a probably drunk Abel,And it's ungodly $39.99 price tag,it'll be hard for any dvd distibutor to top this gasser.

napalm68
01-06-2001, 09:24 AM
I'd vote for the Elite "Eaten Alive". Bare bones, and a crappy transfer to boot. The black levels were so out of balance.

Although Escape from New York and TCM 2 got bare bones transfers, they were still good quality transfers, and priced accordingly. If Paramount had have released it, you would have had to fork out $30 for them... Be thankful for small mercies.

------------------
Oh no, mother! Blood!