PDA

View Full Version : Cat in the Brain

Paff
09-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey Fulci LD fans:

I just picked up a copy of Cat in the Brain on Laserdisc from Big Emmas. They still have 2 left if anyone's interested.

http://www.bigemma.com

The two things that make this worth purchasing is that the DVD has been delayed indefinitely, and more importantly, the Laser comes with a 12" x 24" reprint of the original poster. That's something that can NEVER happen with the DVD

I haven't watched the whole movie yet, but it looks to be pretty nasty and incoherent, even for a Fulci film.

Jason25
09-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Excellent LD and I really dig the film even though many seem to hate it. Many don't understand Fulci's later works, there definitely is something to see in each of his films.

How much did you pay?

mcchrist
09-19-2002, 09:05 PM
That rocks! I love Cat in the Brain, unfortunatly I have no cash otherwise I'd pick this up ASAP! The price is right!

Paff
09-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jason25
How much did you pay?

just $16 + shipping. Can't beat that.
They have 2 copies left, another used one for $16 (mine was used but in primo condition) and a factory sealed one for $20. I also got a copy of Curdled for $5, since my copy was warped and never worked properly.

I really dug having the poster inside, even though I'd never put it up on my wall. It just reminds me of how cool LD still is, in that you can put stuff like that inside the jacket.

Big E does have some good horror discs in inventory right now. Some are a little too pricey, but there's some nice rareties, like the Japanese copy of Dario Argento: Master of Horror. That's not the World of Horror docu from 1986, this one is from 93, and contains extensive behind-the-scenes of Opera, Two Evil Eyes, and Trauma.

Jason25
09-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Paff

just $16 + shipping. Can't beat that.
They have 2 copies left, another used one for $16 (mine was used but in primo condition) and a factory sealed one for $20. I also got a copy of Curdled for $5, since my copy was warped and never worked properly.

I really dug having the poster inside, even though I'd never put it up on my wall. It just reminds me of how cool LD still is, in that you can put stuff like that inside the jacket.

Big E does have some good horror discs in inventory right now. Some are a little too pricey, but there's some nice rareties, like the Japanese copy of Dario Argento: Master of Horror. That's not the World of Horror docu from 1986, this one is from 93, and contains extensive behind-the-scenes of Opera, Two Evil Eyes, and Trauma.

Excellent - I'll have to give them a look. I know I paid more than $20 but it's no big deal, as I love the film. The poster rocks, I have it framed in my movie room.

Admin
09-20-2002, 05:03 AM
Damn you, Paff. After seeing that Argento: Master of Horror on there all day, I had to buy it. I'm a sucker for Japanese imports, and a sucker for documentaries. So much for budgeting my money. Well, at least I got $5.00 off as this is my first purchase.

Paff
09-20-2002, 06:02 AM
It's a great docu Dave. Believe me, if I didn't already have it, I'd have bought it myself.

The only thing that sucks about Big Emma is that they eliminated their "hold" feature. Since it's like $5 shipping for the first disc, but only $1 each additional, it's a good idea to buy a batch at a time. What they used to let you do is put discs "on hold" after you bought 'em. That meant you could wait until you had enough discs in your shopping cart, then you'd ship 'em all at once.
It was great, 'cause then I could just buy one disc whenever, and not worry about shipping costs.

Oh well, they still have a nice selection.

Paff
09-20-2002, 05:47 PM
Did someone here adopt a kitten?

'cause there's only one copy left at Big E's. I sure hope these copies go to people here at the Forum...

jscott
09-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Paff
Did someone here adopt a kitten?

'cause there's only one copy left at Big E's. I sure hope these copies go to people here at the Forum...

It wasn't me. Personally, I can't get into any of Fulci's films. But does anyone else have problems with the LD list on Big Emma's site? It probably took 5 minutes for it to load on my computer at work. Maybe my PC's mighty Pentium 1 processor is finally showing it's limitations.