PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead Special Edition

DayoftheRhodes
01-01-2001, 11:41 PM
Of all the news circulating about AB's definitive Dawn DVD. Can anyone give me any concrete info that Anchor Bay will release a Special Edition of Day, my favorite movie? The bare bones DVD they released before is JUST watchable. I need some extras and a THX certified picture!!

Cujo108
01-02-2001, 12:42 AM
I agree, this is my favorite film in Romero's trilogy and a better DVD is certainly needed.

landrvr
01-02-2001, 01:35 AM
AB has stated a number of times that they are working on a definitive version of Day of the Dead - also my fav of the series! it will most likely contain the 2 'behind the scenes' features, as well as the audio commentary from the laserdisc.

who knows, maybe they will even release some of those deleted scenes we've all heard about.

i'm thinking late 2001 or 2002? anyone remember the release date?

Vdlman
01-02-2001, 01:54 AM
2002 is when it's supposed to come out. I remember of hearing somewhere that it will have a commentary with Romero and Savini, trailers and TV spots, the two behind-the-scenes featurettes from the laserdisc, deleted scenes, and a still gallery.

[This message has been edited by Vdlman (edited 01-01-2001).]

Dave
01-02-2001, 02:42 AM
The Day of the Dead laserdisc does not have a commentary. Only Night and Dawn lasers do.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

landrvr
01-02-2001, 04:04 AM
ahh, dave. you are correct. i must have been thinking about dawn...

on a sad note:
Richard Liberty, aka Dr. Logan, passed away this passed october in florida. Day of the Dead would not have been the same film without him. not even close.