PDA

View Full Version : Crow DVDs

Mark Relford
01-02-2001, 03:20 AM
There's a Crow boxset in the works, but you can't purchase the individual releases, except for Salvation. I really want the first Crow on DVD, but I don't want to buy this damn boxset. (Reason: The Crow 2. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/frown.gif) Damn Mouse! These are rumored to be the remastered SE's with deleted scenes, etc. Can anyone confirm this?

------------------
"Have you ever had an Egyptian feast?"

"They're back from the grave and ready to party!"

[This message has been edited by Mark Relford (edited 01-01-2001).]

krowbar
01-02-2001, 03:59 AM
i can't confirm, but i have heard this as well. why don't they make it so you can buy the movies independently of each other? i hate buing something that i know that i'm not gonna use.

------------------
"Hey,Sweden!"

Mac from J Carpenters "the Thing"

DopeChamberX
01-02-2001, 05:50 AM
Really?? that sucks!Oh well, I've put off buying the crow for this long, might as well dish out the cash, I'll probably get some fool on ebay to buy the 2nd film (I did for Scream 3) But how much you want to bet this will get postponed as quickly as the other box sets that were supposed to follow after Scream and From Dusk Till Dawn. Jeeze, I wish Disney would finally get things straight.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

TobalRox
01-02-2001, 06:11 AM
That does suck, although I have yet to see Salvation since it was never released theatrically, so I don't even know if I'll like that one (although I've heard good things). Anything will beat the original DVD. I picked it up because it's one of my favorite movies, but the severe lack of ANYTHING on that disc is very disappointing, esp. for the price tag. I mean, there was all kinds of deleted scenes and interviews and such on a CD-ROM I bought, they couldhave at least put that stuff on there. Do the memory of Brandon Lee some justice, he literally gave his life for this movie. Ah well, maybe that's just getting a little overboard, but still. I'm such a sucker though, I'll probably get the box set anyway. heck, if Salvation is good, that's fine for me. Also, anyone have any info on the supposed remake of the first movie? I read about it on IMDB before.

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

Ash
01-02-2001, 04:36 PM
What will the first Crow have in terms of extras in the box set?

------------------
Ash - webmaster@deadites.net
Deadites Online - www.deadites.net (http://www.deadites.net)

Mark Relford
01-03-2001, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ash:
[B]What will the first Crow have in terms of extras in the box set?

I remember reading about this on some comic related site a while back. The first Crow is rumored to have the Skull Cowboy (played by Michael Berryman) deleted scenes, featurettes, and possibly a commentary by Proyas. I've been trying to find the comic site, but no such luck. Even went to the Crow fan sites and the crummy Dimension site for info. (Didn't find a damn thing!)
Amazon has it listed for 3/20/01. There's only three discs in the set. If I find more info, I'll let you guys know.

------------------

jeffschmidt
01-03-2001, 05:33 AM
The Crow is a film that should *never* have had a sequel. The original is pretty good but, like the band Nirvana, it has become way overrated due to a tragic death. Having to buy crap like C2: City of Angels in order to get a definitive version of the original sucks wang!

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

DopeChamberX
01-12-2001, 06:26 AM
Came across this information at www.darkhorizons.com (http://www.darkhorizons.com) just a while ago:

The Crow DVD Box-Set: www.Crowfans.Com (http://www.Crowfans.Com) has scored details on the box set DVD set for release soon:

"There is still a few more features being worked on. Each of the DVD's will contain a screen play viewer and an enhanced playback track which includes commentary and trivia from Jeff Connor, and a list of web links.
The Crow DVD: Behind The Scenes, 30 minute James O'Barr commentary. Three extended scenes which include Arcade Games, The infamous Funboy/Eric Draven fight, and THe Shoot Out at Top Dollars. However there will not be any video footage of the liquor store hold up, due to today's political environment. There will be a bunch of deleted scenes stills. The storyboards will contain info on the liquor store hold up and Skull Cowboy. The Skull Cowboy footage will not be on there since it's already on the web. There will a Devil's Night Retribution Trivia Game. Different levels of difficulty. People can post their scores online too.

The Crow: City of Angels: Behind The Scenes, Costume Design, Production Design, Still Gallery of the original poster concept, and Storyboards. Commentary from Jeff Most, Graeme Revell, Richard Brooks, and Alex McDowell.

The Crow: Salvation: Behind The Make Up , Behind The Scenes, Storyboards, Production Design, Who's that bird, footage with the crow trainer. Commentary from Bharat Nalluri, Eric Mabius, Jeff Most, Macro Beltrami, and the production designer."

Sounds like it could be a pretty impresive package, maybe I'll actually watch the second film more than once http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

[This message has been edited by DopeChamberX (edited 01-12-2001).]

Mark Relford
01-12-2001, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info, DCX! Looks like I'll bite the bullet and buy the boxset. http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Besides, Salvation couldn't be any worse than City of Angels!

------------------

TobalRox
01-12-2001, 07:42 PM
some online reviews have actually said good things about the 3rd one, of course, for all I know they could have liked the second one too. I just found it really odd that they released the soundtrack and then never released the movie theatrically. I also think it's dumb about them not releasing footage because of "today's political environment" that's so stupid. And the other excuse of it being on the web is dumb too. What would you rather, watch some low resolution POS video clip on your computer, or have it included on a high resolution DVD that you can watch on your big screen TV. I'm sure it won't be the same quality as the movie, so maybe that's an overstatement, but still, I hate that as an excuse not to include something. If anything can be put on a DVD, I think it should.

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

momylitlemonster
01-13-2001, 02:23 AM
Hey!!! I have The Crow on dvd. Bought it at Circuit City for $19.99. The only extra is the trailer. Running time on this cut is 101 minutes. It's the Miramax/Dimension copy stock #13677(if that can help you request a copy).

Mark Relford
02-09-2001, 07:25 AM
Hey guys, it looks like we wont have to buy the boxset after all. The Crow:CE and the vomit inducing Crow 2:CE will be sold seperately on the same date as the set. (3/20)
They're listed for $20.99 at Amazon.

DopeChamberX
02-09-2001, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Mark Relford:
Hey guys, it looks like we wont have to buy the boxset after all. The Crow:CE and the vomit inducing Crow 2:CE will be sold seperately on the same date as the set. (3/20)
They're listed for $20.99 at Amazon.

YEAH! Too cool, but also trying not to get my hopes completely up, I'm going to wait, rether than pre-order it, because you never know what Di$ney has up their sleeve.Sounds too good to be true, but sweet jesus I hope it is. :D

napalm68
02-09-2001, 10:14 PM
Express and CDNow have it for preorder separately too. Interestingly enough, at CDNow, they list Crow as a two disc set...

And that SUCKS about them not putting the skull cowboy scene on the disc - sure it is on the web, but in some horrible postage stamp sized MPeg that you can not actually see anything. What a bullshit reason.
:mad:

Mark Relford
02-10-2001, 03:03 AM
I agree. I'm a big Michael Berryman fan and always wanted to see the Skull Cowboy scenes.
What's even more ridiculous is the PC bullshit over the liquor store holdup! :mad:

It's aggravating, but I'll still get the first one on DVD.

Mark Relford
04-09-2001, 08:29 AM
David J. Schow has a few interesting things to say about the new Crow DVD releases. (It involves bullshit politics from producer Most and Miramax.) We're missing out on some nice extras from the first one. :(
(Proyas/Schow commentary, 90 minute Crow Chronicle, etc.)
http://www.gothic.net/archives/non-fiction/schow401.html

Anyone still having trouble finding the first Crow DVD?

napalm68
04-09-2001, 01:13 PM
FUCK them for leaving all that great material from the DVD.

Se7en
04-11-2001, 04:37 AM
I'm a Crow fan and have pretty much EVERYTHING that has come out and this really pisses me off. I bought the DVD box set and I knew that some stuff was missing from the first Crow film according to the specs. I didn't know the exact reason till I read this article a few days ago. I remember they put out a statement that said the director didn't want to participate with the upcoming Crow release. Which is of course bull.

Man I really want the "complete" set... They say that the canadian release might include all the unseen stuff that... but who knows...

The sad thing is there are no trailers or tv spots on either The Crow or The Crow City Of Angels which I can actually recall and replay in my head. Also for each of the 3 films there is EVEN MORE footage missing! They even mention this in the audio commentaries! They are most likely gonna re-release all these films again with all that and make more quick cash.

CraigKORE
04-11-2001, 05:03 AM
I maybe missing something here, but I just bought the Miramax/Dimension Collectors Series of The Crow, 2 disc set. Reg 1

I notice that most folks that have posted in this thread are from the USA, i'm in the UK, but have I made a mistake in making this purchase?

I thought it was a pretty good package!

Behind the scenes featurette
Commentary with Jeff Most and John Shirley
Profile on James O,Barr
Extended Scenes
Deleted Footage
Poster Concepts
Design Stills
Storyboards

And DVD-Rom features.

So, I'm totaly confused after now reading this thread as to whether I have a decent enough version of the film???

And it is strange that no one has mentioned the edition that I have just bought!

Anyone wanna help me out here with an explanation? :confused:

Se7en
04-11-2001, 06:00 AM
CraigKORE sadly that's the edition we are talking about. You see in addition to all that there were more supplements! They were in the original specs but "they" meaning the studio, took them off because of politics. Mostly between the director and the producer. They gave into the producer's demands simply because they want more $$$, in reality more sequels. Something about another Crow movie featuring DMX and Eminem.

So instead of having the director's commentary on the first Crow film we get his... And since the studio was stupid enough that they actually signed the director giving him the rights to the DVD specs before making it, he chose to leave off his commentary and the 90 minute documentary Crow Chronicles. What sucks is that in that 90 minute documentary it shows how they made the film from the start of production till the end. Not only that but while making The Crow Brandon Lee celebrated his birthday on the set! The crew bought him a cake with the shape of the crow. And it shows all that! We were supposed to have that included but since they went in the favor of Most who knows if we will see it...

They should have chosen in the favor of the director in the original film... Or worked out a compromise having both commentaries and the 90 minute documentary. That would have been a great edition.

Mark Relford
04-11-2001, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by CraigKORE:
I maybe missing something here, but I just bought the Miramax/Dimension Collectors Series of The Crow, 2 disc set. Reg 1

I notice that most folks that have posted in this thread are from the USA, i'm in the UK, but have I made a mistake in making this purchase?

CraigKore, you have the best possible version of The Crow out there. This 2-disc set blows away the previous barebones version.

It just pisses me off that we're missing out on some good stuff due to bullshit egos and greed :mad:

Se7en, I miss the trailers and TV spots for the first one too. :(

Se7en
04-11-2001, 06:33 AM
Mark Relford, Pretty sad eh? Can you imagine if we had all that in 1 package? It really pisses me off.

I remember seeing the trailer for the original film and was amazed. Knew it was something special. Even remember those tv spots stating Brandon Lee's last performance. And the music that ran with the trailer/tv spots were great too.

Heck, I'm even one of the few that actually saw City Of Angels in theaters! LOL. Love the Crow concept but they should have stopped with the original, especially since Brandon Lee died filiming it. It should have been a tribute not a cash in.

Mark Relford
04-11-2001, 06:57 AM
Se7en, it's a damn shame.
I saw The Crow: City of Angels at a drive-in. :D

Se7en
04-11-2001, 07:33 AM
Well Mark, Just remember what they say about GREED... It's a killer. :)

K'
04-11-2001, 05:56 PM
I just received the Box yesterday took some time to get over here (germany). Just saw the first part yesterday and will maybe see the second part this evening. On the first disc i saw the storyboard for the skull cowboy scenes, does anybody know where this scenes are avaible for download?

Se7en
04-11-2001, 08:21 PM
On the official Crow site - http://www.thecrow.com/

It's on the bottom right side of the screen. It shows the Skull Cowboy and if click the link it'll start up.

Tell me, Why couldn't they just put that clip how it is on the DVD set? It's not like you have to search heaven and hell for it... I hate the way the studio always find's a way to screw the fans.