PDA

View Full Version : "Kakashi"

dvdasia62
09-22-2002, 06:41 PM
I have long said this was one of my favorite Japanese horror films. Vastly underrated, though deliberately paced. Many do not like it because it is a little more deliberate then others but if you like anything by Nakata, who employs the same deliberate techniques, I don't know how you cannot like this one. The film creates such an eerie and disturbing atmosphere throughout and a nice array of "scare scenes" to boot. I showed this one to my Wife and Mother last night and they were freaked by it.

This is another great example of how sound is vital and plays such an important role. Last night was the third time I watched the film, but the first time in 5.1 SS. What a difference! The disturbing score is all the more pronounced and when a particular scene builds to a cresendo, it literally blows you away. The sound made this film better for me the third time around and had my poor Daughter freaked out in the other room, LOL. I have to say, the Universe disc of this film has one of the most powerful and crisp SS presentations that I have heard yet and again, the 5.1 completely changed the viewing experience and made it much, much better. A great film!

dwatts
09-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Or you can hook your DVD up to a stereo --LOL--

I now have SS - but can well remember what it was like not to have one. I thoroughly enjoyed both :)

KillerCannabis
09-25-2002, 05:07 AM
Is a R1 copy available? Lately I've been buying up anything Asian horror that I can get my hands on. And if you say its one of your favorites, I think its worth a watch.

dvdasia62
09-25-2002, 06:18 AM
I think the film is only available on disc from Universe in R3 but I could be wrong. You can try Poker to see if they have it available on VCD.