PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the thread alive

bigdaddyhorse
09-27-2002, 10:28 PM
Saw it's been a week since a post here.
I just got the Criterion Dead Presidents LD off ebay, and was grooving on the extras that will probably never see dvd.
Great movie, great commentary. The Hughes Bros. are always fun to listen to, you can feel their passion for their work. Always good to here from Keith David too. A couple good deleted scenes and I'll be checking out the music videos tomorrow! :)
Just felt like sharing, and I'd put this on a recomended disc list if it's your kinda movie.

Paff
09-27-2002, 10:47 PM
I picked up an LD on the cheap this past week too, and it's of the type that NEVER get put onto DVDs: Music video collections.

This one is Squeeze Play, and it's a collection of all of Squeeze's videos. It was great seeing rare videos of Take Me I'm Yours, Cool for Cats, Is That Love?, etc. But what made the whole thing worth the big $5 I spent on it was a live concert clip of Pulling Mussels From the Shell.

I gotta seek out some other music LDs 'cause these are pretty damn cool.

KillerCannabis
10-02-2002, 10:23 AM
I want to see Dead Pres. After From Hell I want to see more Hughes Bros. flicks.

Paff
10-02-2002, 08:19 PM
I've had a fairly productive week on buying more Lasers.

Over the weekend I got a copy of First Blood, which actually hasa very nice transfer. If you see it somewhere cheap, it's worth a look. I also won an auction for The Heroic Trio

A local store has a sealed copy of The Premature Burial/Tales of Terror which I'm thinking about for next payday.

And finally, today I managed to get the Japanese editions of Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed and Dracula 72AD.

Now I just need the time to watch 'em

Mr. McMinn
10-03-2002, 12:04 AM
I finally got my Invaders From Mars LBX laserdisc today after winning it off ebay last week. What's so good about it is the fact that it is factory sealed and in mint condition.

Got it on the cheap too: $13.76, not bad. I think the OOP dvd was going for more, but I could be wrong.

Recently, I won another auction for the Sometimes They Come Back....Again laserdisc for a grand total of $6.39. Again, not bad and it's factory sealed too.

:)

mcchrist
10-07-2002, 01:56 AM
There's a place here called Bookman's that is like a huge used book store, as big as a Barnes & Noble except all used stuff. They have lasers there, I didn't have time to look through them all but I did see Scanners and the Criterion Taxi Driver for about $10.00 each.

laserdogg
10-07-2002, 10:46 PM
Spotted a copy of Scream Greats: Volume 1: Tom Savini, Master of Horror Effects at Big Emma's (http://www.bigemma.com) today. Price was a bit stiff, but hey, there it is.