PDA

View Full Version : Blood Theatre (aka Movie House Massacre) DVD?

razorbackattack
09-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I heard this slasher from '84 was out on DVD, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Has anybody heard about this being out?

gunner
09-28-2002, 07:16 PM
I have it. Unfortunately, the audio/video quality isn't much better than the vhs tape. The still gallery was pretty cool since I had never seen any of the stills before. It's released by Retromedia. You can find it at Borders,Best Buy, and most online retailers.

razorbackattack
09-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Cool, thanks for the info! I had no idea this was even coming out, usually I know what Retromedia is releasing. Gotta get that and Deathmaster too.

razorbackattack
09-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Actually, is that the same movie, or a different "Blood Theatre"? Check the review below, I don't know if that's the one I was looking for. The Retromedia site said the film was directed by Rick Sloane.

http://www.south-over.demon.co.uk/Hysteria/movie_house_massacre.html

gunner
09-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Yes, It is the same movie. Blood Theater is just another alias. And about the director, I don't really know. The vhs tape was credited as being directed by Alice Rayley and this dvd credits Rick Sloane. I didn't think to check who's credited on the films end credits. I'll check later tonight and update.