PDA

View Full Version : Freddy's look in FVJ

MonsterMan
09-29-2002, 07:29 PM
Would you rather have Freddy looking the way he did in
NEW NIGHTMARE (metalic eyes, leather pants), or the classic Freddy from 1-6.
~ I myself would like him to look the way he did in NEW NIGHTMARE. I just watched that movie last night and I couldn't help but admire how Wes updated the character. As the series progressed Freddy began to look more and more comedic and Englund began to show through the character. But in NEW he actually got pretty scary again and he looked more stylized. I loved the metalic eyes and updated burn makeup.

KillerCannabis
09-29-2002, 07:35 PM
I'd say they should go with the new look on Freddy on because they'll probably give ol' hockey face a new look too, so they'd go together I suppose. How sweet. Too bad the movies going to suck.

DefJeff
09-29-2002, 07:43 PM
id like to see the New Nightmare look also, but i think they will go with the older one

hell ya!
09-30-2002, 01:43 AM
Old one looks better

David666
09-30-2002, 02:32 AM
Well... he look was quite different really throughout the series. 1, 2 and 3 were all very similar... but had slight alterations. Part 4 sported a new look that was somehow reinisant, but not the same and part 5 and 6 had a look that I really, really did not like. The New Nightmare look worked for that particular movie, but I would like to see a return to the original Freddy... from the original movie.

jeffschmidt
09-30-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by David666
The New Nightmare look worked for that particular movie, but I would like to see a return to the original Freddy... from the original movie.

I agree. I don't know if Freddy Vs. Jason is going to be considered as in-continuity for either series, but New Nightmare is definitely not within the same continuity as the other NOES films, so I'd rather see the traditional, "real" Freddy.

rhett
09-30-2002, 06:50 AM
The original Freddy is the creepiest, I hope they use that one.

bigdaddyhorse
09-30-2002, 06:51 AM
Keep it real Freddy!
:D

THE MOVIE KING
09-30-2002, 04:07 PM
Classic Freddy:D :D :D

shift
09-30-2002, 07:29 PM
I dunno.. I perfer the older look. Looks more praticle and these newer looks, looks too future realistic. I like the classics man..... darken up the movie some,, not so much special effects and you got yourself a true horror flick.

Andrew
10-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Original Freddy complete with extra-long crutch-arms??? :D

rxfiend
10-01-2002, 04:51 AM
i don't care what Freddy looks like, as long as he doesn't spit out cheezy one liners! one or two is fine, but don't let it get outrageous like in "Freddy's Dead!"