PDA

View Full Version : Slaughter High vs. Blood Diner

Suicide
09-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Got a Hollywood free rental coupon and can't decide between these two. I know they're only two dollars to rent without a coupon so I could rent them both and only spend two dollars but when you're unemployed two dollars can be a bastard, so please, discuss. I'm leaning towards Slaughter High, but Blood Diner sounds intruiging.

TobalRox
09-29-2002, 09:04 PM
I was not really into Slaughter High all that much... it's a rather standard slasher that just didn't hold my interest much. As for the other, I've never seen it, so I can't really say.

Cydeous
09-30-2002, 01:12 AM
I saw <B>Blood Diner</B> awhile ago and I remember it being a black comedy. I enjoyed it. I have never seen <B>Slaughter High</B> and, to be honest, I never desired watching it because it looked bad (but I could be way off).

I guess my vote goes to <B>Blood Diner</B>.

THE MOVIE KING
09-30-2002, 01:12 AM
I seen this video 3 times and i do like it, somehow i rent
the same 2 video's when i go to a certain BLOCKBUSTER.

1 SLAUGHTER HIGH
2 PLEDGE NIGHT

Low budget but not 2 bad;) ;) ;)

Suicide
09-30-2002, 01:31 AM
I've been reading reviews and now I'm all mixed up. Guess I wont be a cheap bastard and pay the extra $2 to get both. I just remembered I owe them $4 anyway, so 2 more wont kill me.
On the one hand I really wanna see a 36-year old Caroline Munro act like a 16-year old in Slaughter High, but Blood Diner sounds like a Bloodsucking Pharaohs style fun gory horror comedy, So I guess both it is. I wish I would've gotten a job there. They have a great horror section, the Blockbuster I worked at had some decent stuff but the Hollywood video here just kills them.

Mark Relford
09-30-2002, 05:24 AM
Blood Diner is a goofy, affectionate tribute to H.G. Lewis and his immortal cult classic, Blood Feast. I have a soft spot for Slaughter High. It's your typical cheesy slasher that was made on the tail-end of the 80's slasher craze. And I loved every minute of it!:D The acid beer kill is a fuckin' riot!

KillerCannabis
10-01-2002, 07:03 AM
Both of these sound good to me. I'm all for cheesy 80's flicks and both of these sound like my style.

STREET TRASH
10-02-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Chris Phelps
Ibut Blood Diner sounds like a Bloodsucking Pharaohs style fun gory horror comedy

Personally, I think Blood Diner is better than Pharaohs. It's funnier, possibly more amateurish and downright silly, but ultimately a more satisfying, and definitely gorier film. So, you ought to get a kick out of Blood Diner.

Slaughter High is just as fun. It has that real stuck-in-the-80s feel, with a nifty score by Harry "Friday the 13th" Manfredini, a creepy killer and some outrageous kill scenes.

Both are recommended, so go ahead and spend the $2! :)

Shannafey
10-02-2002, 03:43 PM
Never have seen Slaughter High, but I have a vhs of Blood Diner, and it's a pretty cool film. Believe it or not Scifi channel ran it a few weeks ago. Cut, I'm sure, but it was unusual seeing it on the tv schedule.

Suicide
10-02-2002, 08:45 PM
I just went ahead and got them both the other day. I got through half of Blood Diner, as those of you who've seen it can probably tell by my signature. Not bad, I was tired when I put it on so I stopped early. It is alot like Bloodsucking Pharaohs, more than I thought it would be even. I was having fun yelling out people in the movie who looked like other people. I saw Mike Tyson, Weird Al and all sorts of others. I'll probably finish tonight. And tape it before I take it back.

Slaughter High, I also only got halfway through. I was sick when I was watching it, so I fell asleep during it. I actually felt bad for that Marty character, because I heard he killed himself shortly after this movie came out. I'm gonna finish this one tonight too I guess, my Netflix movies are late so I guess I can finish both, along with Jason X which I plan on getting tonight at the old video shop. I was gonna tape this one also, but there's ten minutes of the movie where the tape was not working at all, so I guess I can't. I can probably exchange it for something else when I take it back though.

I noticed something odd about Hollywood video though. The times on the tape and the case are different on alot of their stuff. Like both tapes I got the case says Unrated and has the time on it, but the tapes looked to be shorter R-Rated versions. Is that legal?