PDA

View Full Version : Blair Witch 2 DVD

DopeChamberX
01-31-2001, 09:04 PM
I know probably the vast majority of you HATED this film. But I like it and the features, I thought, were never really fully revealed. So, hopefully, these are the exact features on the dvd, from the Artisan/Blair Witch (http://www.blairwitch.com/dvdcd.html) website.

*16:9 widescreen
*The Secret of Esrever
*Director's audio commentary
*select scene commentary w/ composer
*Live performance by "Godhead"
*DVD-ROM features and weblink access - includes access to deleted scenes ( http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/confused.gif )
*5.1 surround
*Cast & Crew bios
*Production Notes

In additon to these features, the flip side will include three tracks from the soundtrack album and the entire score, plus a live version of the godhead song.

It sounds like a pretty cool package, the one problem I have is that they decided to allow only people with DVD-ROMs access to the deleted scenes. That seems kind of unfair. I also like the fact that the flipside is also a cd. It's something new and it'll be interesting to see how well it works. I'm personally afriad that the dvd side will get scratched up or something. Anyways, I'll probably end up buying because I was one of the few who thought the film was quite enjoyable.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

My Collection (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Rasmith)

[This message has been edited by DopeChamberX (edited 01-31-2001).]

Django
01-31-2001, 09:13 PM
I'm planning on getting the boxed set with both films and the computer games...

DopeChamberX
01-31-2001, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Django:
I'm planning on getting the boxed set with both films and the computer games...

yeah, that seems cool too, but, for me anyways, I already own the first 2 volumes of the games and the first film. For those who don't have that, it's a good deal, plus the games, IMO, are fun. I especially enjoy the first volume.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

My Collection (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Rasmith)

TobalRox
01-31-2001, 09:43 PM
you can't make a DVD have a "DVD side" and a "CD side" it'll probably just more than likely be DVD audio on the other side. I've seen a few CDs out now re-released on DVD audio. This means you won't have to worry about the "DVD side" being scrathched because it'll be played in your DVD player, and it'll be just like using a double sided DVD. That's my guess anyway.

------------------
"It's a spadoinkle day" -Cannibal: The Musical

AIM: TobalRox

Se7en
01-31-2001, 10:22 PM
I'm waiting for the trilogy box set. You know it's coming! Just wait till part 3 comes and goes in theaters... They'll outdo themselves with the full set... It's pretty much a guarantee.

Funktion
01-31-2001, 11:45 PM
I already pre-ordered the set with both movies & the 3 games.

Here where I live each of the games costs more than the whole set (with shipping included), so I ordered the box set for the games...

Also, I want to check BW 2 (it still wasn't released here...), since I love "bad" movies and this one sure looks like one...

By the way:
I THINK BWP IS THE WORST PIECE OF S*** I'VE SEEN IN YEARS! http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/mad.gif

I mean, this movie is worse than "Urban Legends 2", which is one of the best comedies I've ever seen (I don't remember laughing so hard at a cinema... it's the best movie since "Plan 9 from Outer Space"!!!).

It's a masterpiece!!!

I'll get the UL2 dvd as soon as it is released, and I'll put it next to both "Jack Frost" movies & "Plan 9". http://www.horrordvds.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Ash28M
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
I just gave this film another whirl. I haven't seen it since the DVD came out. You know what, it actually isn't bad. It definitely flawed as it jumps around with some anoying flashbacks and flash-forwards not to mention some at times eye rolling dialog, otherwise the movie itself is pretty entertaining and the story pretty solid utilizing what at the time wasn't a so cliché twist. I would say this is quite underrated as they could of done allot worse. It's a completely different film from part one but still a fun ride. Now where the hell part three go?

onebyone
11-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Now where the hell part three go?

Right down the toilet with part 2.

Sure the badness of Part 2 made some money, but when you compare its $47,737,094 worldwide to the first's $248,639,099 you can see why they weren't rushing out to finance part 3.

DopeChamberX
11-06-2007, 01:51 AM
I just gave this film another whirl. I haven't seen it since the DVD came out. You know what, it actually isn't bad. It definitely flawed as it jumps around with some anoying flashbacks and flash-forwards not to mention some at times eye rolling dialog, otherwise the movie itself is pretty entertaining and the story pretty solid utilizing what at the time wasn't a so cliché twist. I would say this is quite underrated as they could of done allot worse. It's a completely different film from part one but still a fun ride. Now where the hell part three go?

I agree. I enjoyed this film quite a bit. It's a whole other beast than BWP, and I like that. Listening to the commentary on this disc gives you a little more respect for the film and what Joe Berlinger was trying to accomplish before Artisan started requesting changes.

And, off topic, my god is this thread a blast from the past!! :eek1:

X-human
11-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Eh, I liked Blair Witch 2 better than 1, then again I really didn't like 1. 2 felt more like a movie with an actual plot that was going somewhere. 1 was just... annoying as hell.

rxfiend
11-06-2007, 04:08 AM
I wish Lions Gate would release a Director's cut of this film. The "additions" Artisan forced onto the movie are distracting and really weren't need. Speaking of Lions Gate, I wish they would release all the mockumentaries to DVD as well (The Massacre of the Burkittsville 7 and Shadow of the Blair Witch, which only got a VHS release here in the US).

Katatonia
11-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Eh, I liked Blair Witch 2 better than 1, then again I really didn't like 1. 2 felt more like a movie with an actual plot that was going somewhere. 1 was just... annoying as hell.

:lol: Yeah, I also liked the sequel a little. I hate the original turd.

Agent Z
11-06-2007, 06:03 AM
...and the story pretty solid utilizing what at the time wasn't a so cliché twist.

Good point. The surveillance camera gag showing the identity of the killer was pretty nifty at the time...and has been used since then as well.

I need to check this one out again. I remember enjoying it somewhat, but I'm not sure how well it will hold once the cat is out of the bag.

I am still waiting for that Blair Witch prequel that has been rumored all these years to be in the works. The backstory is very creepy, and it's one of the reasons why I actually prefer watching Curse of the Blair Witch over The Blair Witch Project.

MorallySound
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I really really like BW2. I thought it was a great sequel, as it did what we want all sequels to do: it took the story and mythos of the original and took it somewhere completely new.

Dbone
11-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Seeing this thread has inspired me to watch this movie today. I've always thought it was miles ahead of the first film.

I second the notion for a Director's Cut. It would be nice to see the Berlinger's original version.

Did you guys know Joe Berlinger went on to direct Metallica's "Some Kind Of Monster" , another awesome flick/documentary .

rxfiend
11-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I really really like BW2. I thought it was a great sequel, as it did what we want all sequels to do: it took the story and mythos of the original and took it somewhere completely new.

And unfortunately that's why it failed. People want the same shit over and over.

I just hope when Lions Gate greenlights a BW3 script, that it too takes the franchise into yet another direction.

maskull
11-07-2007, 12:55 AM
So my friend and I aren't the only ones who liked BWP2? Good to know. He actually likes it better than the original, but I still prefer the first but really like this one as well. I would so be on board for a sequel or prequel or director's cut. Even though they'd probably screw everything up.

Ash28M
07-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Rewatched this tonight for the first time since my last comments a couple of years ago. I've really been in a Blair Witch retrospective mode lately. Anyway after watching it again I stand by previous comments. Outside of some questionable editorial choices and a few hokey moments it's a fun underrated creepy mystery. It presents you with just enough here and there visually to let you know what happened that night and then everything unfolds nicely in the end. It's no way where near as affective as the first but I don't mind the direction they went with it. If they tried to do the whole first person POV again that would most likely have been a mistake. You can't go back to the same well with something like that. I would say it wasn't as good as it could of been under possibly a more experienced directors/melding studio. Saying that, no way is it deserving of all the negativity it seems to get.

Mutilated Prey
07-27-2009, 01:23 AM
^ I agree. It's really not that bad of a flick. Everyone that loved the first one was just so ready for another POV. Without that or the hype of a "true story" left many pissy. I liked the pc games that came with the boxset too :)

othervoice1
07-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Wow so there are more of you that like this out there besides me <: It isnt without its flaws but Ive always enjoyed this film nonetheless and thought it was actually kind of good they didnt go with the exact same movie format of the first film.

Shannafey
07-27-2009, 02:33 AM
HATE the first film, but enjoyed the sequel quite a bit.

MorallySound
07-27-2009, 02:43 AM
I also enjoy Book of Shadows. I too don't get all the hate for it.

HellRazor
07-27-2009, 02:47 AM
I liked it too. Not as good as the first one, but following a movie like BWP left them with pretty much 2 choices - rehash the original or try something different. Given that BWP was a pretty tough act to follow I thought it wasn't a bad effort. I thought the sequel did a good job of using the trappings of BWP and then taking the POV into a different direction.

msw7
07-27-2009, 07:12 AM
I actually thought the sequel was pretty good, and better than the original. The original just got too boring in the middle - the ending was by far the best part, but the movie doesn't hold up to repeated viewings. The sequel does.

Ash28M
07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I actually thought the sequel was pretty good, and better than the original. The original just got too boring in the middle - the ending was by far the best part, but the movie doesn't hold up to repeated viewings. The sequel does.

I've watched the original many times an I love it each time. Actually the more I see it the more I think it's pretty close to perfect.

spawningblue
07-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I like both quite a bit, although I do think the first film is a little better.

Slackjaw83
07-27-2009, 06:47 PM
They're apples and oranges : A fake documentary and a flashy mid-budget glossy film. They really are tough to compare.

In any case, I actually enjoyed BW2 as well. I view it like I view "Halloween 3 : Season of the Witch" : Based on it's own merit, it's a solid, fun, enjoybale film, but, as a sequel, it's a bit of a head scratcher.

I haven't watched BW2 in years, I may have to add that to my Netflix

Dave
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
I too enjoyed BW2. I got the DVD when it first came out and it took me years to watch it.

Darga
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I avoided BW2 like the plague because the trailers made it look really bad in my opinion. I finally did watch it a year or two ago and actually quite enjoyed it.

Mr. Eddy
07-28-2009, 06:54 AM
I think it's a decent film. I was ready to hate it before even seeing it, but ended up liking it quite a bit.

msw7
07-28-2009, 07:07 AM
I've watched the original many times an I love it each time. Actually the more I see it the more I think it's pretty close to perfect.

Hmm, maybe I'll give it another chance.

snowbeast323
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
I got the DVD about 3 years ago, its always been a film I've liked a lot....

fattyjoe37
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Just watched this for the first time yesterday and I just can't agree with you guys. I thought it was absolutely terrible. Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The script was atrocious and the actors didn't have what it took to bring the ridiculous characters anywhere close to reality. Now I see why a part 3 never came along.

Mutilated Prey
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
While I didn't hate it, Part II overall was a big letdown after the original. Too bad.

MarkWarner
03-15-2012, 01:33 AM
This one is just slightly below the original in my eyes. I thought it was great how it played with the idea of what's real and what's not, and how memory is not necessarily reliable when people have the footage. It also has a great fall atmosphere, which makes it essential viewing along with the original come Halloween time.

Blair Witch didn't need a sequel, but as far as sequels go, it could have done a LOT worse.

othervoice1
03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Yea I was surprised when I saw this that I actually liked it due to the horrible reviews- its definitely no masterpiece but I like how they tried to go a different direction instead of the same thing over again - I guess I could call it a guilty pleasure. Im a huge fan of the original and this is really nothing like that.