PDA

View Full Version : The burning

tenebre
10-07-2002, 03:34 PM
i havent seen this.

so i saw it at teh vid store and rented it. i noticed teh box was rather old so i assumed it would be uncut early 80s releaase.

Um.. i hope it was cut becasue there was almost no blood and not one weapon impact shot!!!!

can someone describe the cuts? i am debating buying the DVD and iw ant to be sure its worth it

gunner
10-08-2002, 03:52 AM
The old Thorn-Emi vhs was an edited, R-rated cut of the film. The uncut version reveals extra gore shots on every death scene. All of the actors playing the victims did a great job making the deaths look painful as hell, these painful reactions were also edited out of the R cut. Here are some examples of what the uncut version shows.

- In the hooker's death scene you see three shots of the scissors actually being penetrated into her stomach. With blood spraying/pouring from the wound and her mouth.

- In the infamous raft scene there are several extra shots of gore and painful reactions from every victim. A throat gets punctured, woodstock's fingers get chopped off, one camper holds and looks at his chest wound and whimpers. Everything is shown in detail with nothing implied. Also, you finially see the source of that stream of blood that runs down the girl's arm at the end of the scene.

- In Glazer's death scene you see him stabbed through the throat with garden shears and lifted by Cropsy, then carried to a tree where he pins him to it (the whole time he's bleeding, grunting, and gurgling in pain). Cropsy then pulls the shears away and you see Glazer (near death) slide down the tree.

tenebre
10-08-2002, 03:15 PM
damn!!!

ok i need to get the dvd then.

wow the cut version sucks ass. they dont show anything!!!! it is like a disney movie!

STREET TRASH
10-09-2002, 03:33 AM
I've HEARD [don't quote me on this] that few, FEW Thorn-Emi copies were in fact released uncut. I'd imagine this to be more rare than a live cow.

Assuming you can play R1 NTSC DVDs, Tenebre, you may wanna hold off until MGM releases their version. Looking at the current path MGM has taken as of late, I'm willing to bet their release will crush the competition. Who knows, though...

SteveG
10-09-2002, 05:53 PM
If you can't wait but want the uncut version Amazon is selling it on VHS, however but for something like ten bucks.

rhett
10-09-2002, 06:16 PM
I wish MGM would hurry up and announce a release date for this!

tenebre
10-09-2002, 10:46 PM
thanks for the advice.

i will wait for teh region 1 release then

how is teh the dragon release anyway?

MISFITZ
10-17-2002, 08:21 PM
I bought my copy from Amazon a while back on VHS. I think it was only $7 when i ordered it. I'm pretty happy having it on VHS, at least this title.

Seeing "GEORGE KASTANZA" (jason alexander) in here is great! ahahaha!!

But the AMAZON VHS ships in that 'yellow' box with no artwork from the film or verbage! :(

If the UNCUT dvd is around the corner, try to hold out, if not, go ahead and grab the VHS copy as a 'safety'.

KillerCannabis
10-17-2002, 10:41 PM
I've been hearing so much about this flick lately that I'm really amped on seeing it now. I sure hope MGM gets an announcement going on this one real soon.

STREET TRASH
10-18-2002, 01:01 AM
It'd be awesome if they not only released "The Burning" sometime in the near future (2002, wishful thinking?? ;)) but the freaky psycho-orphanage-slasher movie, "Blood and Lace" !! Touted as "the most violent PG rated film.." or something to that effect. A fun, overlooked slasher flick.

McBride_01
10-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Again, if you can't wait for a R1 release you can catch this film UNCUT on Showtime or The Movie Channel from time to time. I'll remember to post here if I see it will be coming on again soon.

I have Blood and Lace taped off Showtime as well, but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

satan x
10-20-2002, 04:14 PM
The Burning gets a full uncut R2 version on the 5th November, Play.com are taking pre orders, but from what I can tell it will be a vanilla release (no extras), but heh as the Rolling Stones once sang you can't always get what you want.