PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again: The Frighteners: Director's Cut on the ebay trading block......

Agent Z
10-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Here We Go Again: THE FRIGHTENERS: Director's Cut on the ebay trading block......

Not sure why the seller only listed this as a 5 day auction, but seeing as how the starting bid jumped from $0.99 to $79.78 in the first 17 hours alone......well, I guess it really isn't going to matter when the dust settles on this one.......

THE FRIGHTENERS: Director's Cut LD on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1568892290)

KillerCannabis
10-12-2002, 08:46 PM
I'll wait (years....) for the SE DVD, since I'm sure once it finally gets done, it'll kick serious ass.

Caesar
10-13-2002, 07:06 AM
:eek2: Wow, it went for $237.50 ! ! !
What kind of price range does it usually sell for?

John
10-13-2002, 05:18 PM
Do I want this?
YES!!

When I fork over $200+ for it, what will happen?
It will be released on a special edition DVD for $40, and I'll only have to pay $27.99 the week it is released.

Now I doubt that all of the features from the LD will be ported over, but I just can't bring myself to drop down that type of cash on an LD. If it were a more obscure movie, then maybe. The Frighteners is just begging for a SE. We'll see how much longer I can hold out!

Paff
10-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Wow, it went for $237.50 ! ! !
What kind of price range does it usually sell for?

That's about right. It usually falls in the $2-300 range

I'll wait (years....) for the SE DVD, since I'm sure once it finally gets done, it'll kick serious ass.

Personally I don't think all the extras from that box set will ever be on DVD. It's been said before, but this is a "Signature Edition" from Universal. Another movie that got the Signature treatment on LD was Jaws, yet the SE DVD does not contain all the extras from the Laser. If they won't use all the extras from a Spielberg blockbuster, why would they do it for a New Zealand flop?

The only chance of all the extras making it to DVD is if an independent company buys the rights, and I don't see that happening. The big studios are getting stingier and stingier with their content as they're starting to reap the benefits of DVD sales.

Agent Z
10-17-2002, 08:00 AM

Well....I don't know if it will take that long......Fangoria's Chopping List has the announcement from Universal that a SE dvd of THE FRIGHTENERS is in the works.....however, there is no set date as of yet.

Dave
10-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I don't believe that Chopping List. They've had Frighteners listed on there forever, yet no other site has made mention of it.