PDA

View Full Version : Hold the Tartar Sauce: Your Favorite Killer Fish Movie!

Agent Z
10-09-2002, 01:19 AM
Hold the Tartar Sauce: Your Favorite Killer Fish Movie!

Pick your favorite Killer Fish movie from the list above! :)

moogong
10-09-2002, 01:46 AM
Jaws baby!

rhett
10-09-2002, 08:14 AM
Cool poll Codez. I voted for Jaws of course, I don't think any of the other movies even come close. I had high hopes for PIRANHA when I first rented it, but I was really let down...I didn't even bother with Cameron's hackfest sequel. ;)

KillerCannabis
10-09-2002, 10:38 AM
I had to go with JAWS. Pirahna was a close second, but nothing beats a 25 ft. Great White shark in the best fish movie ever made.

Jamm
10-09-2002, 01:45 PM
JAWS for me too. It's also my eight year old neice's favorite movie. Has been since she was five. Looks like she's growing up right!!! I'll wait until she's ten before I show her The Exorcist!!!

Hellbilly
10-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Jaws all the way.
Cool poll MC :glasses:

Zodiac-Mindwarp
10-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Great Poll!

Jaws wins hands down for me :)

This reminds me that I should dig out my old laserdisc and watch this classic again.

Agent Z
10-15-2002, 10:23 AM
Yeah...when I was compiling the list of candidates for this poll, I kept asking myself if I should just cut to the chase and rename it the "JAWS rules!" poll. Oh well.....I guess I need to make it official and let it be known that my pick was also JAWS (shocker there, huh?). My runner-up pick has to go to the original 1978 PIRANHA (not the Punky Brewster remake! :D ) for keeping its tongue planted firmly-in-cheek and delivering some cool creature effects and sounds (those piranha sounds are so cool! I know....I be weird).

But at the end of a long fishing day, it's hard to find a better catch than JAWS......great story, great direction, great acting all-around, an unforgettable score, special effects that still hold up very well.....and one of the rare examples where the film adaption outshines its original source material.........JAWS is a timeless classic and required viewing for genre fans.

Derrick Howes
10-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Antonio Margheriti's KILLER FISH for me, very enjoyable. PIRANHA II THE SPAWNING was pretty awful but I really like the underwater photography especially the opening scenes. How about LEVIATHAN, the creature was part man and part fish. Yet to see THE GREAT WHITE, but it can only be an improvement over Spielberg's snooze fest. Oh well, back to watching Euro horror...

Agent Z
10-16-2002, 12:00 AM
How about LEVIATHAN, the creature was part man and part fish.

Yeah....but this poll is for those strictly on a fish diet........no man-fish mutants (HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP) or mammals (ORCA) on the menu.........

nlogax
10-16-2002, 05:22 AM
jaws is my favorite movie ever. period!
I even named my son (brody) after it.:D