PDA

View Full Version : Universal Classics at Movies Unlimited

SteveG
10-09-2002, 05:45 PM
For those who've been searching or care, I was able to order all of the Universal classic monster DVD's at Movies Unlimited for $29.99 (retail price) they claim to have all in stock, but limit only one of each title per customer. Got mine yesterday, because I missed out on getting them before Universal yanked them. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone else who feel they might have missed out:)

dvdasia62
10-09-2002, 05:58 PM
I ordered the upcoming R2 release of the Universal Classic Monsters Collection. Only $24 a pop in US funds with free shipping from Bensonsworld and they'll be out in only 5 more days! :)

marioscido
10-09-2002, 06:37 PM
I was scrambling around to find "Creature from the Black Lagoon," the only one I was missing from the series, and found it about a month ago misplaced under another title in a large electronic retail store. I was ecstatic to find it. However, Cd Universe seems to still have some titles in stock, and they are selling them for about $22 (US).

SteveG
10-09-2002, 07:08 PM
It would be nice if one day Universal release the Creature's two sequels, Revenge and Walk among us. Suprised they didn't do a double feature like the others??

mcchrist
10-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Speaking of Creature and its sequels... It would be great if they'd restore the 3d prints of this film for DVD. Maybe that's just me.

SteveG
10-09-2002, 09:15 PM
I remember seeing Revenge in 3D on television many years ago, it was on in that format almost weekly, but you needed to get the 3d glasses from somewhere? can't remember, maybe someone else can recall.

marioscido
10-09-2002, 09:55 PM
I will be seeing "Revenge" on Halloween weekend in 3-D at the local rep house. But yes, restored 3-D prints on dvd would be a fine idea.

MaxRenn
10-12-2002, 05:17 AM
I bought the boxset from Amazon about a month ago. $120 no shipping, took a while to come. Anybody still looking might want to try there.

Hammerfan
10-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by SteveG
I remember seeing Revenge in 3D on television many years ago, it was on in that format almost weekly, but you needed to get the 3d glasses from somewhere? can't remember, maybe someone else can recall.

Growing up in Northern Virginia, I remember WDCA TV out of Washington, D.C. (I'm going to guess around 1982 or 1983) played REVENGE OF THE CREATURE one night in 3-D. To watch it, you had to go to a participating 7-11 to pick up your glasses to watch it in 3-D. I believe it was hosted by the CREATURE FEATURE host, who I can picture, but can't recall the name.

SteveG
10-17-2002, 03:34 AM
Thanks Hammerfan, I'm from the NY area and that time frame sounds right, and I do recall having to get the glasses from 7-11. I think the host might have been Son of Svengali?? or something like that, I just remember him looking like a deranged father guido sarducci:D

Hammerfan
10-17-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by SteveG
Thanks Hammerfan, I'm from the NY area and that time frame sounds right, and I do recall having to get the glasses from 7-11. I think the host might have been Son of Svengali?? or something like that, I just remember him looking like a deranged father guido sarducci:D

SteveG. This "Creature Feature" host was probably the worst looking vampire ever. :p He looked like a picture right off of a halloween make-up package! He was definitely a low-rent vampire by all accounts. Even back then he looked bad! I WISH I could remember his name. This guy had really long sideburns (and it wasn't makeup). Whats worse is I believe he also hosted a talk show of some sort on the channel. My memory is definitely foggy. BUT, his "Creature Feature", which aired Saturday evenings intorduced my young, impressionable self to the likes of just about all the Universal monsters' features, creature flicks like TARANTULA, SQUIRM, FROGS, I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF and one of my favorites...THE WASP WOMAN! I remember the utter disappointment when CREATURE FEATURE was cancelled, but little did I realize the embedded appreciation of horror it left behind.;)