PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally complete.......

KillerCannabis
10-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks to NL my F13th collection is finally complete. Its a damn good feeling to own ALL the F13th flicks, especially since its my favorite horror series. And at least 2 of them actually have features, with Jason X being a pretty well stocked Platinum Series disc and I couldnt be happier. Anyone else complete the series on disc?

Fistfuck
10-09-2002, 08:50 PM
I went to Tower Records yesterday and they didn't have JX! They had JGTH, but the kid working there said they wouldn't be getting Jason X in until tomorrow (today). I'm mad.

shift
10-09-2002, 09:53 PM
I enjoy all the friday 13th's... but Jason X was a little bit too much out there. Truthfully I feel a-sleep watching it last night.............well I had microvision off on the dvd player.,,,, so I will watch it again on VHS copy,, and give it 1 more try :)

:cool:

DefJeff
10-09-2002, 10:01 PM
i thought Jason X was the best in the series since part 4...

tenebre
10-09-2002, 10:47 PM
i am marathoning F13 this weekend!!

John
10-10-2002, 12:39 AM
I just need to pick up parts 5 & 6. Part 6 is only $14.99 at Best Buy, but Part 5 is still $19.99. I am hoping it will go down soon.

Shannafey
10-10-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
i thought Jason X was the best in the series since part 4...
I don't remember much about 5-9, so I am probably in agreement with Jeff. I thought Jason X was pretty cool, and I didn't pick up JGTH, because it's been on Showtime a lot lately, and frankly, it's not very good!! Although, the fanatic, I am, I will probably get them all eventually, just to have a complete set. I won't do the same with Halloween though. After 3, I have no interest with the series!!! The only one I haven't seen is the last one, and I have no desire.

Wez4555
10-10-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
i thought Jason X was the best in the series since part 4... yeah i loved it as well. i actually like all of them for some reason. i guess its cause when i was a kid i watched them all alot (exept hell and X). screw paramount and there dvds. i bought 1 and 2 but thats cause they where $12..there worth that and nothing more. they need DCs and SEs.

rhett
10-10-2002, 06:15 AM
I liked Jason X, but for me, the first 8 films are so great because of their 80's production values. I always get a nostalgic feeling when I watch them (even though I was born in '83), and the cheapness of the productions just make it so enjoyable. Jason X and JGTH have more of a Hollywood gloss to them, and as a result, they just don't get to me the same way as the other 8 did.

I should be getting JX and JGTH anytime now, and I really can't wait to watch them. I am with you all the way KC, it is great to finally have all these gems on DVD...it only took 5 years! :) I don't think I will be able to live through another September without picking up a Friday disc, so Paramount better get on the ball and start releasing SE's!

Crazy Ralph
10-10-2002, 06:35 AM
I agree with rhett. 1-8 rock, but 9 and 10 ..... well ...... I can definitely do without. I of course buy them just to have, but I doubt they'll be in my player very often.

Maybe in part 11 Jason will be brought back in time..... to like 1980....... where he can dispose of scantily clad female camp counselors where he belongs.

indiephantom
10-10-2002, 09:33 AM
I'm missing 1, 2, 6 and 8 on DVD, but I'll be picking up the first 2 very soon, and I may spring for part 8 which is on sale right now for a good price. I have 6 on VHS and it's an excellent one, but honestly that horrible artwork has kept me from purchasing it. :nervous:

RNunez187
10-10-2002, 09:49 AM
All I need is Part 5, JGTH and Jason X and I'll have them all.

John
10-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Maybe in part 11 Jason will be brought back in time

It could be called Back To The Friday The 13th. He could go back and try and kill the McFly family. I would love to see Jason cruise in a DeLorean. :D

It would have to be made by Paramount, as only they could have a cover art bad enough to match the title. :eek:

hell ya!
10-10-2002, 02:18 PM
:D :D

ScaryMovieFreak
10-10-2002, 03:21 PM
I also have all the Friday the 13th's on DVD. At first I didn't want to purchase any because of how Paramount was doing them, and they also had the 30 dollar price tag for bare bones releases. Anyway, they have dropped in price and I went ahead and got the entire series. I have all the Nightmare on Elm Street and all the ones available for Halloween so I figured I might as well purchase all the Friday the 13th flicks.

rhett
10-10-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by John
It could be called Back To The Friday The 13th. He could go back and try and kill the McFly family. I would love to see Jason cruise in a DeLorean. :D

It would have to be made by Paramount, as only they could have a cover art bad enough to match the title. :eek: :lol:

rhett
10-10-2002, 11:49 PM
indie, you should really get Part 6 and 8 on DVD, they both have easily the best transfers and the best soundtracks of all the Friday movies. Trust me, those Ultra-Stereo tracks sound amazing on DVD, wayyyyyy better than they ever did on VHS!

BFMF_97
10-11-2002, 01:04 AM
So far the only ones I have in my small collection are parts 9 and 10. I refuse to buy parts 1-8, at least for the time being. I'm going to wait and see if there are any new and improved releases of it in the near future (doubt it). I see used copies of them all the time in pawn shops for $5 anyway.

I really liked Jason X.

THE MOVIE KING
10-12-2002, 02:42 AM
Liked them all except JASON TAKES MANHATTEN.:nervous:

Gnaghi
10-12-2002, 02:55 AM
i could see a time traveling one... since they skipped ahead to the future... why not have a serial killer scientist invent a time machine only to get killed... i dont remember how jason x ended but if he was blown into space then he could end up in a wormhole and come out in another time... how did it end again?

KillerCannabis
10-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Jason was blown from the space ship and started flying toward the rescue vessel, then Brodsky flew over and tackled him out of the air and flew him into the atmosphere. I'm sure that it killed Brodsky, but I dont know if Jason is supposed to be alive at the end of the flick or not. I hope they do another sequel, just as long as they ignore this one. Dont get me wrong, I loved it, but they ignored previous sequels with this one and another new idea might not be so bad.

betterdan
10-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Damn Jason X started out ok then quickly became a crapfest. If they wouldn't have had him come back as super jason then have him fly through space with the other guy like a shooting star then it would have helped a lot. Also those damn one liner jokes really sucked.

McBride_01
10-13-2002, 04:35 AM
I agree with betterdan. I just didn't get into Jason X at all.

I own 1 through 4, and have held off one the others due to the crappy artwork, and for maybe to get better versions in the future. If 5 through 8 get another price reduction however...

Hammerfan
10-13-2002, 11:00 PM
I have all in the series now with the exception of JGTH. I'm sure I will eventually add that one, though its not one I have seen. I am a completist at heart so I know it will make it to my collection. I started collecting the series when Paramount had the first two for $30. To be honest, they are the only versions I have ever known, though I know there were lots of cuts. I worked at a movie theatre at the time of Parts 7 and 8. I have fun memories of how they were received in the small town in which I worked. As an usher, I saw many movies and their trailers from the back of the theatre. I can recall a collective laughter and sigh when the trailers for parts 7 and 8 made their way on the screen (especially the trailer for Part 8, which was really clever). Didn't think it would bode well for them at the time. The funny thing was, opening nights for even 7 and 8 flooded our 3 screen theatre! They were huge hits in the little town in Virginia if not in the rest of the country. As I recall, and its been a while, the first weekends were huge and then they would peter out the following week.