I did see the Troma Release of FROSTBITER
And it was pretty cool.

Click to see Photo:fire:

betterdan
10-12-2002, 05:27 AM
Vhs? YUCK!:eek1:

Cydeous
10-12-2002, 11:28 AM
I saw this movie and I really didn't like it. My friend did, though. I thought it was boring and I just didn't find it interesting.

mutleyhyde
10-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Egads! Wendigo blew! I thought I had ranted about here it when it came out, but can't find the thread now.

Bad acting, bad script, pretty filming, but too damned gimicky. I fell out of my chair laughing when they had the mandatory Matrix Money Shot (the 380 freeze frame shit that is soooo overplayed, although the actual imagery in that scene rocked), and got seriously fed up with the constant use if the patented Blair Witch Shaky Cam. To it's credit, there was some decent gore and shock (hammer to head is always a winner) but when the monster finally showed up, well, my ass was on the floor again.

Bad movie.

THE MOVIE KING
10-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by betterdan
Vhs? YUCK!:eek1:

I do think there will be a DVD.:glasses:

THE MOVIE KING
10-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by mutleyhyde
Egads! Wendigo blew! I thought I had ranted about here it when it came out, but can't find the thread now.

Bad acting, bad script, pretty filming, but too damned gimicky. I fell out of my chair laughing when they had the mandatory Matrix Money Shot (the 380 freeze frame shit that is soooo overplayed, although the actual imagery in that scene rocked), and got seriously fed up with the constant use if the patented Blair Witch Shaky Cam. To it's credit, there was some decent gore and shock (hammer to head is always a winner) but when the monster finally showed up, well, my ass was on the floor again.

Bad movie.

mutleyhyde
10-12-2002, 06:41 PM
Well, from what I hear, Frostbiter didn't take itself seriously? Kind of like an Evil Dead 2 in the snow? When Wendigo is funny, they don't mean it to be.

But, if you dig Troma, then maybe you'll still dig Wendigo, because it's definitely better than Troma's worst... but that ain't sayin' much. ;) Don't let my highly critical nitpicking of certain points on the movie keep you from checking it out. I would however highly suggest renting before buying.

KillerCannabis
10-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Thats too bad since I remember hearing that Wendigo was actually a good movie. But now I'll avoid it like the plague.

Hellbilly
10-12-2002, 10:05 PM
So bad it's funny. Always got a soft spot for unintentional funny movies. Might be worth checking out.

DeepDownTraumaHound
10-14-2002, 07:52 PM
Wendigo is absolutely awful. I mean really bad. Do yourself a favor and rent it first.

Jamm
01-24-2003, 02:44 PM
I hate to ressurect an old thread, but I rented WENDIGO last night.

Wendigo is absolutely awful. I mean really bad. Do yourself a favor and rent it first.

I would recommend NOT BOTHERING!!! I seem to remember another movie by this title, and maybe this is what you all are talking about. But the turd I saw last night had the little kid from Malcolm In The Middle. Are we all talking about the same movie here?

EDIT: Yeah, the older movie I was thinking of is FROSTBITER: WRATH OF THE WENDIGO, which also STUNK!!!

mutleyhyde
01-24-2003, 08:52 PM
I love ressurecting old threads, knock yourself out jamm. It beats having to go over old ground.

As for the suffocating, opressive pile of doo that is Wendigo, it looks like in fact has been released on dvd... will wonders never cease?
http://images.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/453683h.jpg

mutleyhyde
01-24-2003, 08:53 PM
I love ressurecting old threads, knock yourself out jamm. It beats having to go over old ground.

As for the suffocating, oppressive pile of doo that is Wendigo, it looks like in fact has been released on dvd... will wonders never cease?

mutleyhyde
01-24-2003, 08:53 PM

As for the suffocating, oppressive pile of doo that is Wendigo, it looks like in fact has been released on dvd... will wonders never cease?

Mark Relford
01-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Hyde's on a roll!:D

Chalk me up as another Wendigo hater. What's up with the rave reviews? I would rather watch paint dry...

Jamm
01-24-2003, 11:58 PM
Uh, Hyde, are you okay?

Uh, Hyde, are you okay?

Uh,....oh, anyway, Mark, I thought I WAS watching paint dry!!!

Cujo108
01-25-2003, 12:45 AM
Well, I'm probably going to be bashed for this, but I thought WENDIGO was an excellent and very unique horror film. Its a shame that the majority of the people I know who've seen it think its boring or too "arty". I for one thought it was great, though definitely no masterpiece. I thought Otis was a great character, very odd and off kilter. John Speradakos (sp?) did a great job portraying him. I also thought the film had some beautiful photography, and some stellar camera work/effects (although the MATRIX type scene annoyed me).

I will admit to hating the father character though. Something about the guy just really annoyed the hell out of me. Also, I know the Wendigo's form at the climax isn't totally convincing, but such a thing has happened in many films, and the rest of the film is too strong for that to ruin it anyway. I mean, DAGON (which is a new classic in my eyes) had some pretty unconvincing CGI, but the film was too strong to be ruined by that. The same can be said of WENDIGO if you ask me.

Luckily, Artisan actually gave this a proper DVD release, as they haven't been doing so for all films lately.

Mark Relford
01-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Jamm
Uh, Hyde, are you okay?

Uh, Hyde, are you okay?

Uh,....oh, anyway, Mark, I thought I WAS watching paint dry!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the.wicked.one
01-25-2003, 01:25 AM
I was actually looking forward to seeing this film for some time now but this thread has killed almost all hope for me. Only cujo's lone post was positive. I'll probably give it a rental anyway.

mutleyhyde
01-25-2003, 07:41 AM
Whoah, I guess I was a little overzealous in hitting Enter. :eek1:

But hey, this movie sucks so bad, a little reitteration doesn't hurt. :p

And Cujo, I have nothing against "arty" films, in fact, I like "arty" films but the problem with Wendigo is that I didn't find it "arty", but rather, "pretensious". :)

I respect that you enjoyed it though. As I said, some of it does work, but as a film, as a whole, I just can't get behind it.

onebyone
01-25-2003, 04:06 PM
I thought it was pretty bad, but still better than Halloween Resurrection on Le6ion of the Damned. They are my new standards for crap.

shift
01-26-2003, 09:23 PM
saw it = stupid

i give it 5 :sperm: in the directors eye on this one!!! About to make me :sleepy: to death!!

Hellbilly
02-18-2005, 09:30 PM
I think Wendigo is the only movie I can't decide if I should love or hate.
Interesting filmmaking paired with bad suckiness. Mixed feelings on my first viewing ... enjoyed it more the second time - hated it on my third, watched it today again and enjoyed it :eek2:

fceurich39
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
This Movie Sucks Ass It Is Overhyped And Boring

Katatonia
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I just didn't care much for the movie, even though I like "Winter Horror" flicks a lot generally. I guess if I saw Wendigo again someday I may like it some better, but it was pretty damn bad from what I recall.

Hellbilly
02-19-2005, 05:30 AM
Had a few unintentional funny moments ... the rest is borderline: 50/50 good/bad.
I guess the "good" stuff outweighted the bad last night when I watched it ... might have something to do with the fact that it's snowing like a mofo over here - which made me enjoy it more, dunno.

Whatever, I guess I'll always be torn on this movie.