PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Romero Living Dead Film

jscott
10-12-2002, 07:59 PM
What's your favorite George Romero Living Dead film? I'd have to go with the original Night of the Living Dead, for it's starkness, and claustrophobic feel, not to mention a fantastic score and great acting.

Cujo108
10-12-2002, 08:26 PM
The underrated DAY OF THE DEAD has always been my favorite, and always will be my favorite.

KillerCannabis
10-12-2002, 08:27 PM
I had to go with the Director's Cut of Dawn of the Dead. I almost went with Day, but Dawn has a certain quality to it that I've loved for years. I cant wait for that AB 3-disc set next year.

jscott
10-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
I had to go with the Director's Cut of Dawn of the Dead. I almost went with Day, but Dawn has a certain quality to it that I've loved for years

I almost went for the Cannes cut myself (and IMO, it's a more enjoyable film then Night 68), but overall, there's something about Night that gets under my skin.

ekent
10-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Night 68' is a cunt hair better than Dawn.
For some reason I am kind of partial to the Argento cut but I like all cuts about the same. I have'nt seen the German 156 min. cut yet but if I could get that in English then I am sure I would like that cut about as much too.
Night 68' is tops though, much for the same reason that I like Evil Dead 1 the best out of the trilogy.

mcchrist
10-13-2002, 02:18 AM
I went with the Argento cut, its amazing what a little editing can do, even when a movie is already one of the best.

thrashard76
10-14-2002, 08:04 AM
Out of those, Day Of The Dead is the darkest and goriest I think. The acting was great with Rhodes, Dr.Logan and Sarah playing stellar roles during the film. This movie has great special effects and plot to keep me disgusted and intrigued at the same time.

The zombies win again...hahahaha! :fire: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

DefJeff
10-14-2002, 08:10 AM
i picked the Dawn Theatrical cut .. Dawn is one of the best horror films ever

McBride_01
10-16-2002, 04:03 AM
I picked the theatrical cut of DAWN OF THE DEAD. It's my favorite horror film. :)

It's hard to really pick the best one though because they are all good for their own reasons.

NIGHT is the most effective and scary.
DAWN is the most fun.
DAY is the most realistic and gory.

DAWN's Argento edit was okay except that the Goblin score is overused.

The Cannes' cut is good as well, though it has some different music in it compared to the original. Romero has stated that the theatrical cut is the TRUE director's cut. I like the Cannes' version better than Argento's edit however.

I have the ULTIMATE FINAL CUT from a German source but haven't watched it yet as it isn't in English. It runs 156 minutes.

rhett
10-16-2002, 05:19 AM
Damn...this was tough. I was torn between the Theatrical Cut of Dawn or NOTLD '68, and I chose Dawn just because it was a more epic film, and more layered in terms of story, etc. All great films though.