PDA

View Full Version : Satanic rites of dracula or scars of dracula?

Loced Out Demon
10-14-2002, 06:12 AM
im new to the series is one any better than the other,? thanks

LOD:eek2:

JW77
10-14-2002, 01:22 PM
I prefer "Scars" because it's a period piece, rather than "Satanic," which takes place in the 1970s. Also, if you get the "Scars" DVD, there's a bonus DVD in there with a nice hour-long Christopher Lee documentary. (The bonus DVD is limited to the first pressing of the DVDs, so if you go for this one, make sure it has a big red circle on the cover announcing the bonus disc.)

At any rate, both are two of Hammer's lesser "Dracula" efforts. Of the Hammer Dracula films on DVD, "Horror of Dracula" and "Dracula: Prince of Darkness" are the best two.

maybrick
10-14-2002, 01:36 PM
I think Satanic Rites is a lot more entertaining than Scars so go with that one.

dwatts
10-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Well, Satanic Rites sucks. Hard to imagine things could get worse than that.

Johnny Alucard
10-14-2002, 07:28 PM
These are probably the 2 weakest films in the Hammer Dracula series but I would definately pick Scars of Dracula over Satanic Rites. Better yet look for Horror of Dracula or Dracula, Prince of Darkness. Both of these are also on DVD and much better films.

Hammerfan
10-14-2002, 09:17 PM
I'm a fan of both, but if I had to choose one , it would be SCARS OF DRACULA even though both are the lesser of the series. I think SCARS has so much more creepy atmosphere. SATANIC takes some creative risks that don't always pan out. Joanna Lumley is wonderfully horrible in SATANIC. My personal favorite (and not on DVD yet) is DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE. Hopefully Warners will grace us with this DVD soon.

Loced Out Demon
10-15-2002, 02:44 AM
thanx alot yall. im gonna check out horror of dracula or prince of darkness