PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein movies?

Loced Out Demon
10-16-2002, 08:00 AM
any yall would recommend? the evil of frankenstein sounds like it would be good but i havent seen any...

Paff
10-16-2002, 05:35 PM
I just bought Evil of Frankenstein, but I've heard it's one of the "lesser" Hammer Frankensteins.

With the exception of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein (and maybe Son of Frankenstein), I'm preferring the Hammer Frankensteins to the Universals.

I haven't seen Curse of Frankenstein yet (it's on my list!), but I really enjoyed Revenge of Frankenstein. Frankenstine Must Be Destroyed is pretty good too.

Of course, there's always (Andy Warhol's) Flesh for Frankenstein, one of my all-time favorites...

Johnny Alucard
10-16-2002, 05:44 PM
For the Hammer Frankensteins I recommend:

Curse of Frankenstein(On DVD)
Frankenstein Created Woman (On DVD)
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (Not On DVD)

For the Universal Frankensteins I recommend:

Frankenstein (OOP DVD)
Bride of Frankenstein (OOP DVD)
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (OOP DVD)

Loced Out Demon
10-17-2002, 12:50 AM
thanx ya AMC is having a monster fest so i plan on dubbing a frankenstein movie they have a few of em scheduled there. ..

Meanie
10-17-2002, 02:14 PM
I would also recommend Universals 'Son of Frankenstein' and 'Ghost of Frankenstein' if your fans of Lugosi. Lugosi's Igor steals every scene he is in.
But I didn't think Lugosi was a good Monster in 'Frankenstein meets the Wolfman'

dvdasia62
10-18-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Alucard
For the Universal Frankensteins I recommend:

Frankenstein (OOP DVD)
Bride of Frankenstein (OOP DVD)

These actually are available on DVD in Europe. They just hit the streets on 10/14. The discs are PAL, R2 and R4. I picked up "Bride Of Frankenstein" along with a couple of other Universal classics.

HailtotheKing
10-19-2002, 07:52 AM
I would recommend Frankenstein, Bride of Frank, Ghost Of Frank.

For the Hammer ones, Curse, Created Woman and I enjoyed the Evil Of Frankenstein.

SteveG
10-20-2002, 07:22 AM
I personally like Hammer's Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell. I know it's not most peoples favorites but I find it quite atomospheric. I heard that an audio commentary was alreadly recorded for the 2003 DVD release, just hope its the uncut version not the lousy Paramount R rated cut misising the Peter Cushing scene where he clamps an artery with his teeth!

KillerCannabis
10-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Is there really a Frankenstein movie worth a shit aside from the original? Anything thats been a remake has just sucked IMO.

Paff
10-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
Is there really a Frankenstein movie worth a shit aside from the original? Anything thats been a remake has just sucked IMO.

The original? You mean Thomas Edison's Frankenstein from like 1910 or somewhere around there?

Actually, I'm enjoying the Hammer Frankensteins a LOT. I think they stand up better as a SERIES than the Universals. It's hard to top James Whale/Colin Clive/Boris Karloff, but after 2 or 3 movies the Universal Frankenstein series went south IMO. The Hammer series is enjoyable pretty much all the way through.

my next review is Revenge of Frankenstein, so you'll get my full opinions there.