PDA

View Full Version : Rocktober Blood:p

Suicide
10-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Wow, what a miserable piece of filmmaking this turned out to be. I felt like watching a heavy metal type horror movie, like Trick or Treat so I grabbed Ferd and Beverly Sebastian's Rocktober Blood. It just wasn't very good. Not very entertaining, and very incoherent, I still don't know what the hell was going on.

Apparently from what I got from the IMDB the band in the movie was just a real band called Sorcery and I guess this was some kinda novelty movie they made. Kind of a not very well known band's Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. They were the only decent thing about this miserable piece of ass. Some of their songs weren't too bad if you like cheesy power metal type music, which I do. They were pretty shitty songs, but they weren't bad. But other than that the only other thing was a pretty fun decapitation scene.

Anyone else stumble upon this "ass"terpiece?

ekent
10-21-2002, 08:02 PM
I know I have seen that one but I might be confusiing it with a different Metal Horror flick.

Isnt that the one where the parents are trying to get the band to stop playing but when the parents show up, the band is playing love songs so they leave. After they leave the singer turns into a demon or whatever. Is this the right flick?

I also like another Metal flick (which the name escapes me right now) where this guy comes up w/ a bass line that raises the dead. I think that was Rock N Roll Zombies or something like that.

Hellbilly
10-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I've seen "Roctober Blood" years ago. What a piece of crap that was, ugh.

zombi3
10-21-2002, 09:07 PM
I've seen that one. It certainly is crap, but I did laugh my ass off. :lol: But that dumbass song was irritating and they played it over and over.

STREET TRASH
10-23-2002, 03:58 AM
I actually LIKED "Rocktober Blood" !!

My only gripe was that the killer never actually wore that creepy monster mask shown on the front cover.

Mark Relford
01-23-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by ekent
I know I have seen that one but I might be confusiing it with a different Metal Horror flick.

Isnt that the one where the parents are trying to get the band to stop playing but when the parents show up, the band is playing love songs so they leave. After they leave the singer turns into a demon or whatever. Is this the right flick?

You're thinking of Black Roses, another "ass"terpiece.:D

Richard Anthony
01-23-2003, 02:29 AM
I own ROCKTOBER BLOOD, I picked it up in a used video sale a few months back, but I've never around to seeing it yet. I look forward to seeing it though, I always enjoy a good(or bad) 80's Horror film that mixes 80's metal with Horror. I've always loved the title of this film, and the Video cover looks great!:cool:

Speaking of 80'S Horror films, I picked up the new Platinum DVD of TRICK OR TREAT at Best Buy, not too long ago, for only $5.99! I've always loved this film, it has two cameos from Gene Simmons, and Ozzy Osbourne! It's alot of fun, I can't wait to see this one again, and on DVD! :cool:

Suicide
01-23-2003, 04:29 AM
Wow 3 months to the day since the last post on this one. That's spooky. I liked Black Roses and Trick or Treat, I almost picked up the Platinum Trick or Treat disc today, but my lack of a real job prevents me from buying things unless I absolutely need them. Are there any other heavy metal horror movies I don't kow about? I like watching them, even if they aren't always something you could actually consider a film.

Hellbilly
01-23-2003, 04:37 AM
There's this norwegian (or was it swedish?) metal/horror flick called BLOOD TRACKS (1985). Lots of snow, blood & cheesy (euro) rock tunes.
Worth checking out if ya can find it though.

STREET TRASH
01-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Ah god, "Blood Tracks" Personally, I thought this was one of the worst metal/horror movies out there.

There's also "Rock n' Roll Nightmare" but be forewarned, I'd only recommend it if you're in a very silly mood.

Mark Relford
01-24-2003, 03:23 AM
Hard Rock Zombies
Terror On Tour
Shock 'Em Dead

The first two were cheesy fun. The third one sucked.

Suicide
01-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Okay, Hellbilly, I took your advice on Blood Tracks, found a copy on eBay and just won it about an hour ago for $2. I don't know if I got a good price on it or not, but it's in one of those oversized boxes and I'd assume it's probably been OOP for quite a while, so either way you can't beat $2 on most things. It's sounds like fun from a few reviews I checked out, plus I'm on a mission to see every movie from 1985, and according to the old IMDB this is one of them.

Hellbilly
01-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Whoa!

I guess it's worth the two bucks Chris, good price I'd say.
Blood Tracks isn't a great movie but I thought it was much more fun then Roctober Blood.
Anyways, I haven't seen BT in ages so let me know how you liked it.

CPT HOOK
09-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Found this on a random Google Image search and it caught my attention. I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/udar55/100_0909.jpg

I'm assuming it is an advanced ad for Rocktober Blood, since the artwork is the same. Had no idea the original working title was Trick Or Treat.

dave13
09-17-2011, 02:51 AM
wasn't there a thread on this movie last year, with somebody saying they'd watched it once a day, every day for an entire month? i still haven't seen it...

HAEMORRHAGE
09-19-2011, 04:28 AM
wasn't there a thread on this movie last year, with somebody saying they'd watched it once a day, every day for an entire month? i still haven't seen it...

Yeah, it was some female poster that was obsessed with this movie as well as the board member Chomp. She posted here for a month or so and seemed to stop.

dave13
09-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah, it was some female poster that was obsessed with this movie as well as the board member Chomp. She posted here for a month or so and seemed to stop.

wait, was that moongirl? :lol: i remember her. that was exceptionally entertaining.

zbinks
08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Edit: This appears to be fake. Sorry folks. (http://www.getfeldman.com/web/websites_examples/panama_films/index.html)

dave13
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
is this being released the same way as the gator bait films? those cost less than $10 a piece, and this is $25. have they been taking business advice from code red?

zbinks
08-14-2013, 05:13 PM
is this being released the same way as the gator bait films?

It doesn't seem like it at the moment. I couldn't find a listing on Amazon for it.

Mutilated Prey
08-14-2013, 05:26 PM
$25! I'd like to hear from others on the quality especially if it's going to be something that is only slightly better than a VHS.

Katatonia
08-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Damn $25, but I love the film and gotta have it.

I sent an email to Sales@PanamaFilms.com but it got returned immediately as "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" (No Such User Here)

Does it go through for anybody else? :eek2:

zbinks
08-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Damn $25, but I love the film and gotta have it.

I sent an email to Sales@PanamaFilms.com but it got returned immediately as "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" (No Such User Here)

Does it go through for anybody else? :eek2:

Didn't go through for me, either. Looking at the URL, I'm actually wondering if this is a test website for Panama Films. The URL was http://www.getfeldman.com/web/websites_examples/panama_films/index.html. The actual http://panamafilms.com/ looks nothing like this other website, either.

Katatonia
08-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Didn't go through for me, either. Looking at the URL, I'm actually wondering if this is a test website for Panama Films. The URL was http://www.getfeldman.com/web/websites_examples/panama_films/index.html. The actual http://panamafilms.com/ looks nothing like this other website, either.

Yeah it doesn't make too much sense. I sent an email to the two other emails I found listed on the websites...but both of those returned as "undeliverable" too. I sent a message on the "Contact" form, so perhaps that'll go through.

Mutilated Prey
08-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Call the number guy!

Dobby
08-14-2013, 09:31 PM
I bet this is some homemade DVDr shit like before. Then a few months later it's on Amazon as a pressed legit DVD.

CPT HOOK
08-14-2013, 10:39 PM
I'll wait to hear whether it's a DVD or a DVD-R.

If it's a DVD, I'm in.

I hope somebody told moongurl.

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:25 AM
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAA HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I COULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST, I COULD HAVE HAD IT MADE. BUT BECAUSE OF YOU AND ALL THE REST, I WOUND UP IN A GRAVE!

Is it bad that I know the songs in this film by heart? Fuck it don't care if it is because this is the greatest film ever made PERIOD. Fuck Travis Bickle, Frank Booth, Hannibal Lecter....just give me Billy Eye.

Fuck yea...fix your fucking site so I can order 10 copies.

If this is in its OAR I may be so excited that I might do something rash.

CPT HOOK
08-15-2013, 12:29 AM
I saw it once years ago. The only scene I remember from it was toward the beginning. A cop bursts in on the killer as he is killing someone and shouts "You're arrested!" I had to rewind that scene several times because I was laughing so hard. Plus, I'm pretty sure the killer responds by saying "Come here, you little fucker" to the police man.

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:34 AM
I called the number and this dude picks up and says he's not Panama films and gets calls all the time asking for them. He's tried asking them to take down the number.

WTF?!?!?!

Dobby
08-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Corporate Offices
Panama Films Corporation • Orlando, Florida 32808
Phone: (866) 764-5760 ext:105 • Fax: (866) 764-5763

E-Mail: ngfdogs@yahoo.com

This is from the actual Rocktober Blood site can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:44 AM
The phone number is bogus...it says something about a conference call and asks for a password. The EXT number doesn't work.

Dobby
08-15-2013, 12:49 AM
OK now I am confused how did you folks order Gator Bait from this same site?

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
The email doesn't work either. How the hell are we suppose to order this?

Damn I was just in Orlando last weekend...if I would have known about this I would have drove around looking for the building.

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:54 AM
OK now I am confused how did you folks order Gator Bait from this same site?

They had a Paypal link.

Dobby
08-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Edit: This appears to be fake. Sorry folks. (http://www.getfeldman.com/web/websites_examples/panama_films/index.html)

:spit:

Chomp
08-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Fucking cruel.

Dobby
08-15-2013, 01:11 AM
Fucking cruel.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/e5lppf.jpg

Chomp
08-15-2013, 01:20 AM
I bet moongirl is behind this...she's seeking her vengence on HD.

Seriously though....that must be an old link or something because why the hell would anyone fake this?

Mutilated Prey
08-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Lame, seemed too scatter brained from the start to be real.

Dobby
08-15-2013, 02:02 AM
Lame, seemed too scatter brained from the start to be real.

Well the banner does say 2004 on it hahhaaaa!

Katatonia
08-15-2013, 02:09 AM
Lame bullshit. :bs:

Mutilated Prey
08-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Well the banner does say 2004 on it hahhaaaa!

LOL - that's some good sleuthin' Dobbaroo!

lanemyer774
09-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Well here is a legit listing on Amazon. Just came out too. But it's manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media.

http://www.amazon.com/Rocktober-Blood-Tray-Loren/dp/B00F9JE2JW/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380260435&sr=1-2&keywords=rocktober+blood

Katatonia
09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Well here is a legit listing on Amazon. Just came out too. But it's manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media.

http://www.amazon.com/Rocktober-Blood-Tray-Loren/dp/B00F9JE2JW/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1380260435&sr=1-2&keywords=rocktober+blood

Yeah, that's a definite bootleg. There's a bunch of these "Up All Nite Films" DVD-R's on Amazon, and from what I've heard they're basically all just VHS rips. Certainly not worth a $25 price.

CPT HOOK
09-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Yup, that's definitely a bootleg. That company has bootlegs all over Amazon (Psycho Cop, Invisible Maniac, Surf II, Sorority Girls & The Creature From Hell, Girlfriend From Hell, etc). I'm surprised Amazon allows that.