whats the opinions on these movies?

DefJeff
10-22-2002, 05:36 PM
well, first of all i have never seen Devil Women Doctor or both the makings of

but from what i have seen

Devils Experiment and Flowers of Flesh and Blood are both awesome

Mermaid in a Manhole is really good, but not AS good as the 2 above

He Never Dies isnt too good, but its not bad either, worth seeing once

Android of Notre Dame sucks! totally awful!

Mika
10-22-2002, 06:26 PM
I bought the box set some weeks ago. I did get it for 90 Euro. Although I'm happy to have it in my collection since those movies are so much talked about, I think they all sucked with one exception.

Devils Experiment and Flowers of Flesh are fake snuff movies with NO story. I thought they were soooooooooooooooooo boring and I did not care one bit for the tortured persons since they were no "real" charakters that have been introduced. They both were pretty hard but like I said boring.

He never dies and Dr. Devil Woman were just plain stupid...I love japanese movies but I can't stand there sense of humour....they both sucked and while the effects were good they were not very hard.

Android and Mermaid were most like "normal" splatter movies with a real story...Android: booooooooring, didn't even finish it....well Mermaid in a manhole was the only movie that I liked at least a bit...it was ok.

I did not watch yet the making ofs and I don't think I will.

Well the box set itself is great but the movies suck big time in my opinion (except mermaid) and right now I don't think that I will ever watch them again...

Hope that helps...

:D

DefJeff
10-22-2002, 06:30 PM
yo, can someone with the box set post a picture of that TShirt that comes with it?

Mika
10-22-2002, 11:14 PM
I don't have a pic of the shirt but it's very simple....black and in the front in red letters "Do YOu want to be My" and on the back in red the "guinea pig" logo with the japanese letters...that's all...

KillerCannabis
10-23-2002, 07:06 PM
How can the box set be great, but the films suck? Thats like buying a Best of the Oprah Winfrey show box set because it has cool packaging. Ouch.

Lindane
10-23-2002, 10:48 PM
I dig the box set. The first two films rock IMO. He Never Dies actually happens to be one of the funniest damn films Iv'e ever seen period!!!
Me and a few friends decided to take some mushrooms and have a Guinea Pig marathon one night. We were laughing so fucking hard at He Never Dies I almost lost my lunch. I'm too scared to wear my Guinea Pig shirt. I don't want to fuck it up.

McBride_01
10-28-2002, 05:44 AM
DEVIL'S EXPERIMENT seems to be a bit overrated in my opinion, in that I didn't think it was convincing enough as a snuff film. I still enjoyed it for what it was however, an inventive little flick.

FLOWERS OF FLESH AND BLOOD is the cream of the crop in my opinion. Excellent gore effects and really disturbing. More believable, even with the goofy costume, than DEVIL'S EXPERIMENT, in my opinion.

MERMAID IN A MANHOLE was very cool in a bizarre, gory, sickening kind of way. I would rate this one as probably my second favorite of the ones I've seen.

HE NEVER DIES was great as well for it's gore, and it's laid back, humorous approach. My third favorite.

ANDROID OF NOTRE DAME is just flat out weird. There are some wince inducing bits, but this one doesn't stand up with the rest, in my opinion. Still worth checking out.

I haven't seen DEVIL WOMAN DOCTOR or any of the MAKING OF's yet. I have both of Unearthed's releases and recommend them to anyone interested in trying out the Guinea Pig series.

Mika
10-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Like I said: I think the box looks great and since I am a completist and this series is so much talked about I am happy to have the series in my collection. And I think Mermaid in a manhole is a cool movie (not great, but entertaining enough for me). So: Yes, I like the box, but no, I did not like most of the movies....:D Ok, I know that sounds stupid but that's my opinion...;)

robman795
11-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Hey guys,
Im 15 and the cloeset I ever came to buying a snuff film was The last House On Dead End Street. Im not really that interested into the snuff film genra but im really interested in the Flowers of Flesh and Blood. Anything I could tell my dad so he would feel better about the movie? I know its a stupid request but Im desperate.:)

dwatts
11-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Yeah - it ain't a snuff movie.

davros
11-22-2002, 04:28 PM
tenebre,
a lot of the GP footage can hardly considered to be an actual movie. it´s just plain ´special effects´ of pure exploitative nature. no real plot no nothing...

I own the box set but never bothered watching more than the first 10 minutes of each disc or using the fast forward mode instead.

IMHO it´s plain shit. assuming that nobody out there is so perverted that he/she finds any pleasure in watching realistic torture and murder scenes, GP is nothing but worthless crap only of interest for special effects artists.