PDA

View Full Version : Gonna sell my Hammers...

Diamondhead
10-22-2002, 08:45 PM
I think I'm finally going to sell my Laser Discs of Vampire Circus, Twins of Evil and the Vampire Lovers on E-Bay. Any idea what these have been going for lately? :cry:

Paff
10-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Well, the POLITE thing to do might be to at least offer them up to the people here first....

Then you know they're going to people who might actually watch the movies, not some collector who just buys rare discs.

I'm a bit poor at the moment, so I can't make a decent offer, but perhaps someone else here can?

Diamondhead
10-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Paff, that's why I put the post here before I actually listed them. After reading my post I guess I didn't really state that, but I'd like to see them go to a good home. On the other hand I kinda thought that most people on this board probably had the R2 releases and the only people interested would be collectors of rare LDs. As much as I love my LDs I keep looking at what some of these things fetch and decided I really can't afford to sit on them forever. :cry:

Yowie
11-01-2002, 10:16 AM
I have about 150 LDs (haven't counted them lately), I just can't bring myself to part with them. I hardly ever watch them anymore (apart from a handful of favorites) and I know I could make a ton of money, but I'm just very nostalgic I guess. :rolleyes:

Dave
11-01-2002, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't count on making a ton of money, unless they follow the standard rules for making money on laserdiscs.

1) They're not on DVD.

2) They're on DVD but the LD has more extras/better transfer.

3) The DVD is P&S and the LD is widescreen.

Otherwise, if the DVD is superior, forget about it.

MISFITZ
11-01-2002, 05:12 PM
I pretty much agree with Dave.

I wouldn't expect a pretty penny from them either. I shop by price. I do not 'need' these films, but if they fall into my 'buy it' price range, then i scoop it up. Some are comin to DVD soon, and others, as you mention, are already available. (R2) I love the titles, and some day was going to make my way to their names and buy them in one format or the other.

I don't collect LDs or DVDs like some people collect comic books. I'm a horror fan first. I'm more interested in getting a great copy of the film, than how it 'stacks' up in the collector market. And the name 'HAMMER' speaks for itself with horror.

With that...

i'm willing to drop $20 (includes shipping) for all 3 Laser Disc. I know that may or may not be 'blue book' value, but that's what i'd be ok with for these Laser discs.

May or may not be what you were looking for, but if you want that deal...

venom@ev1.net

Though i'm not a 'collector', that's not to say i don't value my buys. Anything 'horror' at my house gets 5-star treatment. Needless to say all my LD's are taken care of. :D

Johnny Alucard
11-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Diamondhead
I would definately put these on e-bay. You may be surprised what you can get for them. Since none of them have been released on DVD in region one yet, people will still buy them. I just sold my Vampire Lovers for $30.00, my Japanese import of Captain Kronos for $70.00 and Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell for $91.00. Once the region one DVD's come out though you cannot expect to get more than $5.00 each for them.

Yowie
11-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Not to worry Amigos, I'm not selling !.:D I'm keeping them all, if for nothing else, at least to have my letterboxed MGMs and Warners wider than they'll (undoubtedly) ever be on DVD. :glasses::glasses: :glasses: :glasses: Johnny, I think there'll still be collectors crazy enough to pay handsomely for LDs even when they're eventually available on DVD. It constantly surprises me what people are willing to pay for all kinds of stuff on E-Bay.:lol:

laserdogg
11-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Diamondhead
I think I'm finally going to sell my Laser Discs of Vampire Circus, Twins of Evil and the Vampire Lovers on E-Bay. Any idea what these have been going for lately? :cry:

Here's some news I came across today:

From www.dvddrive-in.com... (www.dvddrive-in.com)

"EXCLUSIVE: MGM to release COUNTESS DRACULA on DVD

Speculation and rumor are sweeping the Internet concerning the possibility that MGM will be releasing COUNTESS DRACULA on a double bill Region 1 DVD with THE VAMPIRE LOVERS next year. We can exclusively confirm that this is indeed true and that the Countess herself, Ingrid Pitt, will be recording a commentary in a few weeks. Director Peter Sasdy and screenwriter Jeremy Paul will also participate. It is not true, however, that the disc will be released in January 2003: currently, August is looking more likely."

MISFITZ
11-06-2002, 06:57 PM
Well, i hope you weren't offended by my offer. I'm just stating what'll i'll pay right now.

And laserdogg, i had read that too. I think MGM is just doing a great job with some of these titles. I mean, they are not 'MAINSTREAM" popular, and yet they have been getting much respect. You'll see me buying more and more disc from them, esp at the prices they are at.

Diamondhead
11-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Misfitz, I wasn't offended. I have been dealing with a personel issue (my father had a stroke) and haven't been on the board the last ten days or so. My wife listed these on Ebay last week while I was out and I found out last night that they sold a couple of days ago. I'm sorry I didn't respond to you sooner, but as you can guess, priorities got shuffled very quickly. Its amazing how quickly we get reminded whats really important in our lives.