PDA

View Full Version : Ok just ebought the "Maniac" tin

Joel Groce
10-23-2002, 03:48 AM
Well I've been wanting this one for a looong time and got some extra bread and put it to good use. I rented this a while back and couldn't get enough of the soundtrack - I think Chattaway's score complements this movie perfectly! I tried to ebid on this a few weeks ago and then just decided I didn't want to get into a bidding war when it got up to around $30 or so.(and I couldn't afford it anyway) Anyway, I just used "buy it now" for $40 plus $5 shipping - I think this is a fair deal since it was originally around $30-35 when it was available in stores.
I'm also getting "New York Ripper" - I think these will make for a fine double feature!
:)

Anyone else love this tin?

DefJeff
10-23-2002, 04:32 AM
lucky, that soundtrack is dope

Wez4555
10-23-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Joel Groce
got some extra bread and put it to good use. you paid for it will bread? daaaamn i wanna know your dealer. haha;) . anyway, lucky lucky man i envy you!

Atmims
10-23-2002, 03:38 PM
I really like my Maniac Tin. It's my favorite Anchor Bay tin. I can't believe only 5000 were made though, It's too good of a movie to have so few made.
Adrian

KillerCannabis
10-23-2002, 07:03 PM
I love my Maniac tin. I didnt know only 5000 were made. That sure sucks. I also still have the old Elite version, since it has some extras the tin omitted for whatever reason.

zombi3
10-23-2002, 08:52 PM
The only extra missing from the tin is the Maniac 2: Mr. Robbie footage, some of which is included in the Joe Spinell documentary.

McBride_01
10-24-2002, 03:04 AM
I have the old Elite version on VHS with that extra Maniac 2: Mr. Robbie footage.

I got the new Anchor Bay Maniac DVD release that had the Joe Spinell doco on it as well. Excellent flick!

betterdan
10-24-2002, 03:50 AM
Dammit I want that tin. I should have bought it when it was available at Best Buy. Ah well maybe I'll pick up the regular edition. I have the Elite dvd but I need anamorphic.

DefJeff
10-24-2002, 04:55 AM
i never saw the tin at Best Buy

ive only seen the tin ONCE and that was at Tower Records it was like 49.99 or some outragous amount

rhett
10-24-2002, 05:29 AM
I hate the way tins look, and they are out of my price range for me to ever shell out the cash for them. I have the standard MANIAC disc, and I really love it. It it one of the Holy Grails of my collection, that is for sure!

Andrew
10-24-2002, 05:43 AM
Yeah I've only seen the disc at Tower too. It was $35 though, cuz they sell shit for retail price (unless you're lucky). I have the standard disc and I'm more than happy with it. I don't see myself popping the CD in my player very often, so I figured I'd save myself $15. I like tins though, they look cool. Too bad AB stopped doing them :cry: . Oh well.

Joel Groce
10-24-2002, 06:16 AM
Today is a good day!!! - I got the tin and popped in that soundtrack - I remember when I was looking for a job during the spring (before graduation) and was really depressed this helped me through...Now I got a job in May at AMD, but come to find out there are layoffs in a month - 50% of my area will be cut... so at least I have a little time...

Any other software developers/ engineers struggling with the job situation? Anybody know of any openings...;)

zombi3
10-24-2002, 07:06 PM
Nothin' like a little Maniac to cheer you up through the tough times. :D

mutleyhyde
10-25-2002, 07:04 AM
Damn Joel, sorry to hear about your work situation. Hey, if AMD goes belly up, think you can "salvage" some XP2800s for us? ;)

As for Maniac, that movie and ABs tin belongs in any self respecting horror collectors library. They're both classics!

McBride_01
10-25-2002, 11:16 AM
I saw a tin once at Suncoast but it was, of course, ridiculously priced.

Joel Groce
10-26-2002, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I just heard back from another interview I went on a few weeks ago and they turned me down - but I'm trying to stay positive and believe that when one door closes - another opens, if you prepare for it.

HAHA yeah I was gonna take my printer as a "going away" present at least...anyone else have any other requests...:p

Mark Relford
01-14-2003, 01:17 AM
yea, Chattaway's great. I loved his score for Maniac Cop. The theme music is downright eerie.

onebyone
01-14-2003, 04:54 AM
Maniac Cop has one of the best scores. I love that movie. Maniac too. That tin is a real treat and a good example of why I send so much of my cash to Anchor Bay. Their stuff kicks ass. Hmm, now you got me wanting to watch it tonight. I think I will.

Jack Sommersby
01-20-2003, 11:41 PM
I, too, am a proud owner of this limited -edition tin (only 5,000 were ever produced), and I believe I bought it for about the same price -- and by using the "Buy It Now" option, as well! Gorgeous packaging, and the special features on the DVD are to die for (no pun intended). I participate in a lot of film-related forums, and whenever someone posts a thread to name your favorite DVD, even taking into account the first-rate packagings of "Alien" and "The Thing", I still wind up citing "Maniac". What a treasure this is to own!

Grim
01-30-2003, 09:24 PM
i just have that old AB/Elite collectors tape thats loaded with trailers and shit, including the Mr. Robbie footage.