PDA

View Full Version : Okay, F13 rampage (sort of)

Andrew
10-29-2002, 02:04 AM
Yesterday I went out and got JGTH and JX for $35 (which isn't bad, but isn't great either). Anyway I like JGTH a lot more than most people, I always thought it was cool. The commentary was hilarious. JASON X I remember being a bit cheesier in theaters (for better or worse), but I still think it's good if you take it as a Jason movie for the opening scene and a sci-fi/comedy for the remaining portion of the film. The commentary was not as good here as on JGTH, but it was still decent enough. The "Many Lives" documentary was good but not quite the masterpiece many said it was. The making-of featurette sucked, and Isaac came off as a snobbish film-school fuck (but not in the commentary...maybe it's his look...I dunno). But yeah.

So tonite I finally broke down and got FRIDAY 2, 3, and 4 on disc. DDD had 2 for $15 and the other two for $14, so I figured what the hey. Hopefully they'll get here by Halloween, cuz I love watching these kinds of sequels to get in the mood. I dunno. I wanna get the HALLOWEEN sequels too, I remember 2 being $20 or so, 4 and 5 being about $15 each, and I think 6 is around $20 or so as well. A little more expensive but oh well. I don't think I'll get H20 because it sucked or RESSURRECTION because it sucked BAD.

I think that's all. Oh wait, I saw CREEPSHOW for $7 at Best Buy, which is pretty cool. Might pick that up by the end of the week. I was never impressed with the movie but looking back I dunno what I didn't like about it, plus I do love the cockroach episode. Oh well, I'll probably forget and get something else.

betterdan
10-29-2002, 02:11 AM
Yep I finally picked up Creepshow at Best Buy the other day. Good price for a fantastic movie. I don't know why I waited so long to get it the dvd looks very nice.

hell ya!
10-29-2002, 03:46 AM
Creepshow, damn i still don't have that on DVD, great movie thou.

I was joing to pick up JX and JGTH but i decided to wait to see what happens with the other Friday films. I am not the biggest fan of F13 but if they did release a boxset or special editions then maybe i would buy them. If that happened then i would complete my F13 collection wit JX and JGTH.

zombi3
10-29-2002, 04:04 AM
You should get JGTH and JX now. They'll probably be LONG out of print before we get SEs of 1-8.

rhett
10-29-2002, 06:20 AM
I ordered JX and JGTH from http://www.dvdempire.com (DVDEmpire.com) (shameless Horrordvds.com plug) three weeks ago, and I am STILL waiting for them to arrive. I wasn't too fond of JGTH, but the tent scene and all the gore made it a must purchase for me. I've bought all the Friday films on street date and do not regret it one bit. I've got to fit a FRIDAY THE 13TH marathon in October somewhere though...it has practically become a tradition with me and my friends.

Loced Out Demon
10-29-2002, 09:06 AM
I ALSO thought JGTH was a solid movie, ive got it on vhs uncut, got it b4 i had started up with dvds... I think JGTH is much better than JASON X. if they ever do release the series uncut i probley wont re-purchase all of them but maybe ill replace my favs heh

KillerCannabis
10-29-2002, 09:43 PM
JGTH was a crapper. The Man wasnt even in the movie longer than 5 minutes! Jason X rocked. Plenty of killing and gore made this a worthy sequel for sure. I hope Paramount gets us our SE's of 1-8 soon, but I certainly wont hold my breath.

zombi3
10-29-2002, 11:01 PM
I liked Jason X, but there was no gore. Just about every kill was off screen. JGTH had some awesome kills with plenty of gore, but no Jason. I think if they had scrapped the whole body hopping thing and kept Jason throughout the film doing his thing, it would have been one of the best in the series. I have an idea for the next Friday film: How about Jason slaughtering everyone in sight at Camp Crystal Lake? Plain and simple. :cool:

Fistfuck
10-30-2002, 12:18 AM
Is anybody elses copy of JGTH DVD really damn dark? I popped mine in for the first time a couple of days ago and my friend and I had a helluva time making anything out.

Loced Out Demon
10-30-2002, 01:28 AM
My VHS copy of it looks real good. LORD CANNABIS, I THOUGHT JGTH HAD BETTER ACTING THE JASON X< AND I THINK THE POSSESSION THEME IS WELL DONE. TOO EACH HIS OWN ! LOL

bigdaddyhorse
10-31-2002, 11:01 PM
I hated JGTH when I first saw it.
When I got the unrated laserdisc for $4 I liked it a little more.
I ended up grabbing the dvd just because, and after another viewing have started to really like it. Not the best in the series by any means, but a real good horror movie on it's own.

Hellbilly
11-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Fistfuck
Is anybody elses copy of JGTH DVD really damn dark? I popped mine in for the first time a couple of days ago and my friend and I had a helluva time making anything out.
Yep, the transfer was dark indeed.

Andrew
11-05-2002, 03:05 AM
BDH - Agreed :).

Grim
11-23-2002, 10:09 PM
I don't know about you all. But I think anchor Bay should get the rights to atleast the first 8 and then they can release uncut with lots of bonus materials.:fire:

rhett
11-26-2002, 04:07 AM
I really hated JGTH the first time I saw it too, and didn't like it much when I saw it uncut on VHS either. But after watching on DVD I found myself almost liking it. Not great, but definitely better than I had remembered it being. One thing is for sure, the gore in that movie is insane!

zombi3
11-26-2002, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by MrGrim13
I don't know about you all. But I think anchor Bay should get the rights to atleast the first 8 and then they can release uncut with lots of bonus materials.:fire:

If only it were that easy. :(

Grim
11-26-2002, 06:45 PM
We should try and get ahold of them, maybe New Line might even get the rights someday. We just have to get it out Paramounts hands, they aint doing the series justice.

Andrew
11-28-2002, 06:51 AM
It's kind of weird. Paramount won't liscense the rights out to anyone, yet they won't do them justice themselves. And in the case of Scott Spiegel's INTRUDER, they won't even release it.

onebyone
11-28-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by AndrewBBD
It's kind of weird. Paramount won't liscense the rights out to anyone, yet they won't do them justice themselves. And in the case of Scott Spiegel's INTRUDER, they won't even release it.

Parmount is a pain in the a@#. They stand between me and a lot of my horror dvd release dreams and it pisses me off.:fuck: