PDA

View Full Version : Ichi the Killer

The Black Death
11-01-2002, 02:47 AM
How is this movie....has anyone seen it?

mystro
11-01-2002, 03:58 AM
This is as close to a "snuff" film as you could possibly get. Perverted and sick. If that's your taste, then by all means go for it.

maybrick
11-01-2002, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by mystro
This is as close to a "snuff" film as you could possibly get.

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!

You don't know what a snuff film is, do you? Or are you just blatantly overexaggerating? ICHI is a sick movie, but isn't even close to being that sick! Hell, I consider Cannibal Holocaust with it's real life animal killings as being closer to a snuff than ICHI ever will be.

BloodMan
11-01-2002, 06:57 AM
I just got my uncut Ichi The Killer in the mail today... Region 0. Damn Bootlegs... It's all fragmented and stuff. grrrrrrrrrr. The second disc works fine though!!
Anyway, i am expecting a replacement within a week or something. So I could not tell you if its good or not. The behind the scenes special effects stuff was damn bloody though. I wanna see it real bad because of these special fx scenes. Very Bloody!!!

cheers!!!
:) :) :) :)

Nick

bloodthirsty
11-01-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by BloodMan
...i am expecting a replacement within a week or something.

please post what the difference is (in the "movie" part) between the UNCUT and the region 3 version. I just want to know as I spent US$4.49 for the region 3 version (I love buying direct from HK so much cheaper than buying from U.S. dealers) and if the only bonus is the second disc and the movie is the same, I'll stick with the $4.49 version :)

aoiookami
11-01-2002, 07:50 AM
umm ichii is hardly a snuff film...

bloodman, the region 0 you just got is cut by about 15 mins, and I think the region 3 is cut by the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only uncut versions are the japanese region 2 (which I should get in the mail soon:D ) the upcoming holland PAL and the upcoming region 1 from tokyo shock. the uncut running time is 128 mins

bloodthristy, kfccinema.com has a list of what is cut from most versions, but the website is currently down...

napalm68
11-01-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by maybrick
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!

You don't know what a snuff film is, do you? Or are you just blatantly overexaggerating? ICHI is a sick movie, but isn't even close to being that sick! Hell, I consider Cannibal Holocaust with it's real life animal killings as being closer to a snuff than ICHI ever will be.

I'd like to second this sentiment...

tenebre
11-01-2002, 02:53 PM
i got teh fully uncut dvd...

its sick and bloody and cool... :-)

no where near a snuff though

rxfiend
11-01-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by aoiookami
umm ichii is hardly a snuff film...

bloodman, the region 0 you just got is cut by about 15 mins, and I think the region 3 is cut by the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only uncut versions are the japanese region 2 (which I should get in the mail soon:D ) the upcoming holland PAL and the upcoming region 1 from tokyo shock. the uncut running time is 128 mins

bloodthristy, kfccinema.com has a list of what is cut from most versions, but the website is currently down...

i have a R0 / NTSC dvd of Ichi that is uncut. it's only a one disc set though. during the "restored footage", there is no English subtitles (but it's not really hard to follow it).

BloodMan
11-01-2002, 08:51 PM
The region 0 DVD I have is the UNCUT version.(128 minutes) It has the region 2 supplements as well (behind the scenes and whatnot) I haven't watched it yet, seeing as a replacement disc is being sent to me. (damn cheap bootlegs) The trailer and behind the scenes stuff is really cool tho, all in Japanese, but that don't matter.
cheers!!!

Nick

The Black Death
11-02-2002, 01:10 AM
Ah well, it will soon be in the mail for me, region 1 or 0 i forget ntsc 128 minute cut!

Bods
11-02-2002, 02:30 AM
Ichi is an superb jet-black comedy. It has it all: a fantastic cast (including Sabu & Shinya Tsukamoto, both top directors themselves), gore galore, great costumes, cinematography, and unlike a lot of adaptions it isn't an insult to it's source manga.

As for differences between the HK DVD & Japanese DVD, all the violent scenes are edited, either cut down or turfed completely. So you get watered-down tongue cutting, hooker beatings, throat slashings, torture scenes etc.

Gone completely are the arm ripping, nipple slicing and one whole non-violent scene which renders a comment made later in the film rather confusing.

bloodthirsty
11-02-2002, 03:43 AM
guess I'll just have to get the 2-disc Dutch version then :glasses:

KillerCannabis
11-03-2002, 08:19 PM
I really want this movie, but only in its uncut form. Eventually it will be mine.

SaviniFan
11-03-2002, 10:01 PM
I just saw this film yesterday and I must say: This has some of the most jaw-droppingly violent scenes ever commited to celluloid. At least for me that is. Some of the stuff made me squirm in my seat. Takashi Miike is easily one of the best genre directors currently making movies. I just hope he doesn't make the same mistake as John Woo in coming to America and watering down his style for the American market. In my opinion, Woo's work has gone down the toilet ever since he started directing films here.

Black_Mandarin
11-03-2002, 11:26 PM
I'm certain I read awhile back that Media Blasters aquired Ichi as part of their 2003 Tokyo Shock releases. Considering their rep, expect it to be uncut.

Matt
11-05-2002, 06:11 AM
What is on the second disc of the bootleg? I have the one disc version and it has some interviews and behind the scenes footage without english subs. This movie is amazing! I think I'll go watch it right now!

BloodMan
11-09-2002, 10:25 AM
The second disc of the bootleg I have has an hour of behind the scenes stuff, trailer, interviews, filmographies I guess. Its all in Japanese.

cheers!!

Nick

oh... gotta dig that severed face sliding down the wall!!! :)

robman795
11-12-2002, 06:42 PM
I am a huge huge fan of Ichi The Killer I own all the versions out right now. The VCD the region 3 and the region 2 double disk version and I pre-orderd the dutch pal region 2 DVD. The region 2 double disk DVD was not cheap I payed around $55.00 for it and I also orderd the Ichi The Killer soundtrack for 33.00 the VCD was dirt cheap but it was cut even more then the region 3 release. The region 2 double disk release which is hard to find is the only way to officially see the film in its true form.