PDA

View Full Version : The Burning lbx & uncut by Vipco

gunner
11-07-2002, 05:09 AM
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/img/video/cover/front-sorted/7000000/07/45/14.jpg

I had almost forgotten that Vipco released a second edition of The Burning yesterday. This time around it was supposed to be letterboxed and fully uncut. Does anyone know where there might be a review? or are there any UK members here that have picked this up and can comment?

AceRimRat
11-08-2002, 10:13 PM
Any region coding, NTSC/PAL, too? Thanks!

CJ
11-11-2002, 02:18 AM
Most UK genre fans avoid Vipco as their discs are so lousy. Digitally Remastered? You're dreaming....more like mastered on toilet paper in the garden shed by a one-armed monkey....

But, The Burning is uncut. It has that going for it I suppose. The disc is PAL R0 apparently, if you're still interested...

gunner
11-11-2002, 02:35 AM
I'm deffinately still interested. Even if the quality isn't the greatest I'll be happy to see it letterboxed, that is if it really is. I'm really wanting to read a review for this but nobody seems to be paying this release any attention...well, it is Vipco. If you ever land you're hands on a copy let me know how it is.

robman795
11-11-2002, 05:07 AM
http://www.lfvw.com/burning.jpg
this is the version I own it is totally un-cut only was about $30.00. The downside is that its full screen and the picture q. is worse then the VHS version.

McBride_01
11-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I still think maybe MGM will have this one coming out soon since their logo is on before the flick when it's shown on Showtime and The Movie Channel.

robman795
11-11-2002, 10:20 PM
If MGM releases it the movie will be cut for sure.

CJ
11-12-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by robman795
If MGM releases it the movie will be cut for sure.
Not necessarily. They recently released an uncut VHS which sold through the roof (Amazon sold out!!), so they know it's a big seller. And since they took the plunge and released Last House on the Left unrated, I don't really see why they won't do the same with The Burning, especially as they already know that there's a market for it.

Either way, I am not joking when I say that I would rather not have it at all than buy the UK Vipco release. That's how bad a reputation they have amongst UK fans.

betterdan
11-12-2002, 03:05 AM
It may not be cut as the vhs they put out was uncut. Also their recent release of last house on the left was uncut.

oops CJ got his post in before me.

robman795
11-12-2002, 05:37 AM
You guys are right it would be great too see a region 1 release of the burning uncut. It would be a shame if Paramount got ahold of the flick.

onebyone
11-15-2002, 12:37 PM
I sure got it! The quality could be a lot better but I do not care. It is definitely uncut and the pure pleasure of kicking back with the raft scene on dvd pleased me no end. If someone else does a widescreen uncut, I will probably get it as well as the picture, especially early on, is not so good here but this will tide me over in the mean time. I love this movie!

gunner
11-15-2002, 01:27 PM
What is the ratio?

onebyone
11-16-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by gunner
What is the ratio?

It is standard screen and for all regions. I emailed the company before buying to be sure and they told me the full frame bad news. :mad: And the picture is very grainy at the start of the dvd. But it is uncut so I still like it. I am easy to please somtimes though.

betterdan
11-16-2002, 02:01 PM
You sure that's the Vipco dvd? Sounds like the Dragon one.

onebyone
11-17-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by betterdan
You sure that's the Vipco dvd? Sounds like the Dragon one.

It says "Vipco's Vault of Horror" right on the front. Sorry about that. :cry: It is for sure full screen. But don't take my word for it, ask them yourselves like I did before I purchased it anyway. Their site is www.horrorvideo.com. If you email them your questions, they are pretty fast about getting back to you.

Fart Lighter
11-18-2002, 02:15 AM
beware of horrorvideo.com They're Vipco masquerading behind another name. Dragon aren't much better (if at all) and have even recently changed thier name in an attempt to run from their reputation.

i'd rather stick my head up a cow's arse than buy another Vipco disk. Don;t touch anything with Vipco on the box!

Evil Disco Guy
11-18-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Fart Lighter
beware of horrorvideo.com They're Vipco masquerading behind another name.Horrorvideo.com isn't another name, it's the website for Vipco just as onebyone said

Originally posted by Fart Lighter
i'd rather stick my head up a cow's arse than buy another Vipco disk. Don;t touch anything with Vipco on the box!It's a shame really, the only Vipco release worth buying is their City of the Living Dead down to the audio commentary with Jason Slater (Dark Side writer) and Catriona MacColl, as well as an interview with MacColl. Basically though, they're just releasing high priced, bare bones non-remastered crap which is a shame. I really didn't expect much for The Burning and I guess I was right not to.

Now the wait begins for a good release of The Burning...

The Chaostar
11-19-2002, 06:35 PM
VIPCO sucks ass.
By the way I was TOTALLY dissapointed by the VIPCO headmaster interview in DarkSide....

BlazingMagnum
11-22-2002, 04:30 PM
In the UK - Fulci's Zombie 2 (Obviously Zombie in the States) was originally called Zombie Flesh Eaters.

I know Vipco's 'Zombie Flesh Eaters 2' - was actually the uncut version of fulci / Mattei's Zombie 3,

But, does anyone know what's inside that 'Zombie Flesh Eaters 3' case. The synopsis sounds a bit like Bruno Mattei's, Zombie Creeping Flesh / Hell Of The Living Dead / Night Of The Zombies.

I wonder . . . :eek1:

Grim
11-23-2002, 08:59 PM
I've only seen the Burning once and that was on Cinemax at like 3 am. It was the R-rated cut and it was still plenty gory and I loved it. I'd be so happy if it was released region 1 uncut. Oh, how do you guys get those nifty pics below your names, i'd like one.:fire:

CJ
11-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by The Chaostar
By the way I was TOTALLY dissapointed by the VIPCO headmaster interview in DarkSide....

So was I, and my views are printed on the letters page of the latest issue - it's the second letter.

I don't think I'll be on VIPCO's Christmas card list this year...

Grim
11-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Does anybody know if MGM will release it?:fire:

WesReviews
11-23-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm sure if we don't see it come out later next year that it'll definitely be out in 2004. It's a highly-requested title and they know it.

Grim
11-23-2002, 09:28 PM
cool. I can't wait. I loved Last House on the Left. Me and my friend were watching it and my mom walked in and she almost puked. It was funny. She doesnt like these types of movies but she let's me watch them (I'm 15) Ooops! I'm getting way off topic, sorry guys. But I really loved what MGM did with Last House on the Left and (many will disagree) Return of the Living Dead. I think MGM is one of the few big companies that is actually starting to respect horror films and I'm starting to like them alot.

Fart Lighter
11-24-2002, 02:40 AM
ZOMBIE FLESHE EATERS 3 is ZOMBIE (4) AFTERMATH.

WHat comments are those CJ? I don't pick up the Back..er...Dark Side, but would be interested in finding out what Mr. Vipco said, and your reply to it.

CJ
11-24-2002, 04:35 AM
In Issue 98 there was an interview with Mike Lee of VIPCO conducted by Jay Slater. I wrote some none-too-flattering comments which were printed on the letters page of Issue 100.

A mutual friend of ours alerted me to the fact that I had a letter published, so I sought out a copy. There's also a letter from a certain Drexl too.....

Grim
11-25-2002, 01:39 AM
I think we should start a petition to get the burning released uncut, Last House on the Left style. Hell Yeah!

dwatts
11-25-2002, 09:47 AM
Is it just me? I can understand the hype around a well known film that is basically unreleased - but you can't avoid the fact that this film is minor is almost every way. There is a great scene on a boat, and that's about it. It's Friday the 13th over again. I saw this one first when it was on general release. It's nothing special.

Grim
11-25-2002, 03:01 PM
But it still deserves a nice dvd release, not some bare bones piece of shit. I think all movies deserve nice dvds, because no matter how much everyone else will hate it, there will always be a fan that will want a special edition.

patmcgahern
11-26-2002, 12:47 AM
I have e-mailed mgm about The Burning Dvd and I swear to God they have a feckin computer answering the bloody requests as everyones the exact same.