PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf & Cub

John
11-12-2002, 05:29 AM
I am really interested in seeing this series. Does anyone own it? If not, has anyone seen it? I remember seeing a bit of one episode and really enjoying it. I am curious how the series is as a whole.

Agent Z
11-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Wow! John, this is a really cool topic...and timely too! My only experience with LONE WOLF AND CUB are some graphic novels and SHOGUN ASSASSIN. However, the past month I have noticed a good number of LWAC laserdiscs up for sale on ebay. About two weeks ago, there were 5 LWAC mint condition laserdiscs bundled up on ebay and they only got one bid fpr $36.00 .......and I'm STILL kicking myself for not bidding on them! :(

bloodthirsty
11-12-2002, 01:15 PM
I know the entire series is on DVD in the U.K. - - -

John
11-12-2002, 01:43 PM
I didn't know it had a release on DVD. I have seen obvious bootlegs on Ebay for Shogun Assasain, but it looks like only Ep. 1 of LWAC. Have you seen/have the DVD's? I'm gonna look into them. If all 6 episodes are on the discs, I may have to order them. There is a region free player on my radar screen, so these will be a welcome addition when I finally get the player.

nlogax
11-12-2002, 02:43 PM
http://yumyumanime.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IAALAD&Category_Code=SAWAC
check them out here.

bloodthirsty
11-12-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by nlogax
http://yumyumanime.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IAALAD&Category_Code=SAWAC
check them out here.

nah, those are all bootlegs!
you want the real ones!
you can get em all at BENSONSWORLD.COM
just do a search for BABYCART

nlogax
11-12-2002, 06:24 PM
doh!
i thought they looked suspicious.
my bad

ekent
11-12-2002, 07:38 PM
I HAVE ALL OF THE UK DVDS

If you are interested in any of these send me an email at

axlish@comcast.net

For the record, Shoguns Assasin is a combination of parts one and two dubbed in english w/ a narraration track recorded for the kid. It is a decent movie if youare just trying to get a taste of the series but it pales in comparison to the actual movies.

John
11-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Based on what I have read, it seemed that Shogun was basically a paraphrase of the series. I certainly wouldn't want a dub - sutitles all the way. I had seen the Shogun DVD on Ebay and knew it was a bootleg, so I have avoided it. How much does the UK release run? Is is subtitled? Extras? I am still leaning toward getting the LD. If there is a decent DVD release, I may as well save up for a region free player and take that route.

ekent
11-13-2002, 05:26 PM
The UK DVDs that I have are obvious boots but I think that the actual R2 releases themselves are unauthorized. I purchased region 1 boots of the region 2 discs off of ebay and I am more than pleased. They are simply bare bones releases, basically a straight transfer of the animeigo subtitled prints (which is good enough for me). www.animeigo.com has the rights to these releases but due to the fact that they have been BSing for years about releasing the dvds, I went ahead and got the boots gladly.
They claim to not have a good enough print to release it yet but at the same time they keep telling you that it will be out soon. They have been saying that for a t least 2 years now. Even when they do release it, I am willing to bet that they will sell them for 30 bux a piece. I paid about 75 for all 6.

John
11-13-2002, 11:36 PM
In that case, I'll just go with the laserdiscs. I would like to see the series on DVD, so this will be the way to get them. As soon as I purchase the lasers, the DVD announcement will follow. Buying the laser is a perfect way to get a DVD as per Murphy's Law. :D

ekent
11-14-2002, 05:20 PM
actually, www.animeigo.com is selling the lasers for DIRT CHEAP!!

I only go to the view new posts so I didn't realize that this was a LD thread but go to that site and get em there. The last time I looked the lasers were like 5.99 each.

John
11-14-2002, 11:40 PM
I looked on the site and only found VHS. Maybe I missed it, but it looks like they are sold out. $5.99 is a hell of a price though. I wish I would have seen it when it was available. Thanks for the info ekent, that site is pretty cool.

John
11-21-2002, 01:48 PM
I almost picked this up on laserdisc for $100 (all six discs). I have heard a rumor floating about that there may be a Region 1 release as early as next month. I noticed that there has already been a region 2 release. Maybe my patience is finally going to pay off!! :p