PDA

View Full Version : Review Suggestions!

DayoftheRhodes
01-20-2001, 08:15 PM
Instead of just reviewing Nightmare 1, how about a review of the boxed set? Many people would like this. Also, how about a review of the plain Day of the Dead AB disc and Dawn too! The post is mainly about the Nightmare boxed set though. Take it into consideration!

Dave
01-20-2001, 08:26 PM
Next week is going to be "Anchor Bay review week", where nearly every single review will be an Anchor Bay DVD. Include will be Demons, Demons 2, Dawn of the Dead (theatrical) and Day of the Dead. There's more, but those are the ones I'll be doing. I'll be sending some to Jeremy for him to do as well (though I haven't told him that yet).

I do plan on reviewing every DVD in the Nightmare box set. I'm going to review each one individually, including the Encyclopedia in its own review. I do have a "format" I've created to review box sets, but since the NOES discs have also been released individually I'm just going to do each one in its own review.

The first complete box set review will be the Puppet Master DVD box set. Expect that in a few weeks. NOES will probably be the week after next.

Also have some more laserdisc reviews in the pipeline.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

joltaddict
01-20-2001, 10:38 PM
I keep a database of my collection with links to reviews for each movie. I use horrordvds.com as a first choice, unless I really disagree with the review.

One problem I have is out of 111 DVDs in my collection there is ONE movie I cannot find a review of the DVD for... Cujo. Anywhere on the net, no exageration.

Please review this!

------------------
Further Proof of my Obsesive-Compusive Disorder (http://www.crosswinds.net/~joltaddict/dvdcatalog.htm)

Cujo108
01-21-2001, 01:04 AM
I think Artisan REALLY dropped the ball with their DVD of the great Cujo. I love this classic, and the DVD does not do it justice. I mean, no widescreen and no extras! That just isn't right. Same goes for tons of other DVDs of great films without extras. Also, this site's reviews are great Dave.

Jasondog
01-21-2001, 05:22 AM
Dave, If you havent already seen The Warriors I highly recommend you see and review the cool new DVD. I say this because...

a) it just came out

b) you like Escape From New York and The Warriors is very similar in feel to it. It isn't really horror, but then neither is EFNY. The Warriors is a great movie, check it out!

Jeremy
01-22-2001, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Dave:
There's more, but those are the ones I'll be doing. I'll be sending some to Jeremy for him to do as well (though I haven't told him that yet).

Well, I guess I know now!