PDA

View Full Version : Halloween: Re-Resurrected

Hellbilly
11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Source: bloody-disgusting.com
The newest edition to the Michael Myers franchise is coming to DVD this December, but not the same as the version in the theater. The Halloween 8: Resurrection DVD has been re-dubbed, edited, and more.....

According to The Old Myers Place the DVD of Halloween 8: Resurrection is going to have a boat load of changes made to the movie.....

"Contrary to popular beliefs, the DVD and Video release of the summer slasher HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION will have some minor changes to the film."

"Many fans were disappointed in the two+ years this films took to release, and there were plot holes and missing traditions. First of all, the filmmakers have added the missing "HADDONFIELD, ILLINOIS, OCTOBER 31st, HALLOWEEN" cards, which will be added at the opening sequence and before the rest of the film begins, so the whole question of 'What year does this take place in' will be answered in delight to the fans."

"The second change is to fix five bloopers. The changes: to re-synch the audio when a mental patient is speaking of the killers past, to replace a shot with the killer and a bloody knife (although no one has been killed with a knife up to this point), to fix a mispelled name in the opening credits sequence, to redub a scene in which Busta Rhymes dresses up a the killer, and to remove a scene in which a boy enters a room and asks about what is going on, although he was in the room a few scenes earlier. "

"The film's rating will not change in any way, the filmmakers are only correcting their mistakes by adding two titles over the film in two places, and fixing a few goofs. The film will only shorten by a few seconds and will remain the same as it's theatrical version except for these changes. As far as additional features on the DVD release, deleted scenes, audio commentary, behind the scenes, and much more. The video and DVD hits shelves December 10th, 2002."

John
11-19-2002, 10:37 PM
Now we will have a CUT piece of crap. :rolleyes:

Shannafey
11-19-2002, 10:50 PM
with a Coolio commentary, this is the must-have dvd of the year!!:rolleyes:

Wez4555
11-20-2002, 03:13 AM
:lol: you mean busta rhymes?

onebyone
11-20-2002, 03:49 AM
It doesn't matter how sucky this dvd is. I am still going to get it. I am with Myers until the end.

rxfiend
11-20-2002, 06:02 AM
too bad they don't redub the Busta rhyme's karate noises!

tenebre
11-20-2002, 02:05 PM
i almost need to buy this just for its shitiness

rhett
11-20-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey, at least Dimension cares about the film and is not just dumping it off like Paramount.

John
11-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Good call Rhett! I will pick this disc up to complete my collection. Maybe I'll warm up to H8 a little more down the road.

Cujo108
11-21-2002, 03:21 AM
HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION was the best film in the series since part 3, and I'll be picking it up.

KillerCannabis
11-22-2002, 10:05 PM
Resurrection sucked........ and I'll still get it on DVD when it comes out. Only because I'm such a goddamn completist though.

Fistfuck
11-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Man, our generation just does not like change.

Suicide
11-23-2002, 08:16 PM
I'll rent it when it comes out, but I don't plan to own any of the Halloween DVDs. That whole series just rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully they cut out the "Trick or Treat Motherfucker" part.

Grim
11-23-2002, 09:56 PM
Why could I have been born in the late 60's and have been a teen in the 80's, when horror movies were always great. But no, I was born in 87 so I have to live my teens with all this scream bullcrap. oh how cruel life can be.

Dave
11-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Good call Rhett! I will pick this disc up to complete my collection. Maybe I'll warm up to H8 a little more down the road.

Yah, when you're like 89 years old, drueling, and haven't a clue to what's going on. :lol:

mcchrist
11-30-2002, 10:22 PM
Like putting a fresh coat of paint on a turd. Give me a break.

Hammerfan
11-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by MrGrim13
Why could I have been born in the late 60's and have been a teen in the 80's, when horror movies were always great. But no, I was born in 87 so I have to live my teens with all this scream bullcrap. oh how cruel life can be.

Having met the criteria above, Jon, I can tell you as a teenager throughout in the 1980s, these movies , which my friends and I loved, were never considered masterworks. In hindsight, they were actually a lot of fun...but not always at the moment. I actually FELL ASLEEP while watching "Return of the Living Dead Part 2". I still recall my co-worker, who was working as the usher that night, waking me up as the theatre was empty and the credits had rolled. I haven't seen it in its entirity since then. I think we just took those movies for granted at the time. It nice to know they mean something to a new generation.

wago70
12-03-2002, 05:47 PM
I, too, fell asleep during Return of the Living Dead 2!!!!! Haven't seen it since, either!
I remember our group really looking forward to every horror movie that came out. "Chariots of Fire" - too boring, "Reds" not a chance, "Sophie's Choice" - well, that was an exception. However, when faced with titles like: "Final Exam", "Mausoleum", "Graduation Day", "The Boogens" and more mainstream fair like "Prom Night", "Halloween 2" and "Friday the 13th" - we went nuts and saw them opening weekend which were always...always busy. I really appreciated films that seemed to keep coming back to town to play as second features for the newest releases: "The Funhouse" played several dates throughout 1981 as did "The Howling" (this film tended to do better business than the main feature - one in particular "The Beast Within" just didn't draw the crowds that its older, better co-feature "The Howling" did!). "Scanners" seemed to have a year-long contract with theaters in Reno as did "Phantasm" - those films seemed to have been re-released every month or so!
Good, mediocre or bad, those films are a heap of a lot better than some of the films coming out now. And you can put Halloween 8 at the bottom of the barrel for that matter...

Hammerfan
12-04-2002, 04:19 AM
How fun it is to read about someone else who remembers the classic "Mausoleum"! I haven't seen that probably 15 years or more. I loved that and have kept that title with me all this time. There were so mayn titles, though, that regrettably I can't remember. Where I grew up, the slasher titles always did huge business the first weekend. I don't recall many of them being flops, with the exception of the ghastly "976-EVIL". I don't think we could have paid anyone to see it. My co-workers and I watched it in preview way back when. Anyway, I'm feeling my hairline recede further.

How did "Return of the Living Dead Part 2" end, anyone?

Jamm
12-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Like putting a fresh coat of paint on a turd. Give me a break

Priceless!!!! You know, I've never seen a freshly painted turd!!!
I love these kind of colorful opinions, but I'll still rent it first and decide for myself.

newt
12-10-2002, 04:27 PM
I didn't care much for this movie but I have to add it to my collection. JLCurtis' part is cool though.:p

Suicide
12-10-2002, 07:49 PM
I have it waiting on my Netflix queue (how do you say that word by the way?) but I'm pretty sure I'll dislike it being that I don't like any of the Halloween movies and judging by the bits I've seen on the trailer. But I for some reason feel I need to rent it.