PDA

View Full Version : to all a good night

DefJeff
11-21-2002, 10:08 AM
anyone ever seen this flick?

its directed by the man himself, David Hess

i acutally just found out about it today and i am wondering how the flick is if anyone has seen it? good gore?

anyone heard of a dvd release?

hell ya!
11-21-2002, 11:27 PM
I remember hearing about him directing this movie but i don't think i have seen it myself. I wouldn't expect it to be any good probably just your standard slasher movie but i would check it out if it came on DVD.

Edit: I checked through my VHS collection and i do have this movie. I taped it off a VHS rental, I don't remember watching it so i can't tell you much else but I'll watch it this weekend to see how it is.:)

DefJeff
11-22-2002, 04:07 AM
haha awesome

please do

BlazingMagnum
11-22-2002, 05:33 PM
Yeh years ago - I seem to remember it starts with somebody machine-gunning a load of little kids in a playground!

Hellbilly
11-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Standard slasher, wasn't very bloody at all as I recall. Besides that I can't remember much about this flick cuz it's been fucking too long since I saw it.

KillerCannabis
11-24-2002, 05:41 AM
Never seen it, but if it was directed by Hess, I'd be damn interested to.

Eddie Quist
11-24-2002, 05:47 AM
I saw it years ago. It is a pretty by-the-numbers slasher, but entertaining from what I remember. Has that early 80's slasher flick vibe...

hell ya!
11-25-2002, 03:28 AM
Ok i watched it and first let me just say that my VHS copy sucked. I could barly see anything, it was so dark. It was an ok slasher flick, not good by any means but not the worst either. The killer wore a santa suit which was nich to see. I know you like Hess DefJeff so i would reccomend it, if you can find it but rent if you can becuase it ani't very good. Maybe if i saw it again in OAR and not so bloddy dark i would have a different opinion. It would be cool to see a DVD release, maybe with a Hess commentary:D

DefJeff
11-25-2002, 05:03 AM
thanks for that review there

im gonna have to hit up some mom and pop video rental places here and find this flick

STREET TRASH
11-28-2002, 05:46 AM
I'm a huge fan of those slashers made in the '80-'84 period, but honestly, TO ALL A GOODNIGHT is the worst one I've come across. The murders are so incredibly uninspired and half the time they're either off-screen or shrouded in complete darkness (yes, this sucker is pitch black city from start to finish.)

In between the murders the film lapses into long, LONG stretches of characters wandering around in the dark house, looking through the fridge or talking their asses off. Its like 77 mins. worth talking and 3 mins. of action/killing. None of the dialogue is particularly witty or funny, just plain boring. It's like listening to the snow on your TV when the cable goes out.

The acting almost made me comatose. My eyes literally hurt afterward from straining to see what the hell was going on. Yep, skip this baby.

Paulie
12-02-2002, 04:45 PM
It's one of the worst movies ever made in any genre. Not even good for laughs. Hopelessly dull. All of the exterior night scenes were shot day-for-night by inept filmmakers. Combine that with a dreadful video transfer and you have a movie that is literally unwatchable. This movie proves that anything could get released during the heyday of the 80s. If you rent this movie, you will hate
yourself (and Hess.) Perhaps a commentary would be good because then Hess could say stuff like "You can't see anything in this scene, but you were supposed to be seeing a guy getting hit by a propellor."

Paulie
12-02-2002, 05:01 PM
It's one of the worst movies ever made in any genre. Not even good for laughs. Hopelessly dull. All of the exterior night scenes were shot day-for-night by inept filmmakers. Combine that with a dreadful video transfer and you have a movie that is literally unwatchable. This movie proves that anything could get released during the heyday of the 80s. If you rent this movie, you will hate
yourself (and Hess.) Perhaps a commentary would be good because then Hess could say stuff like "You can't see anything in this scene, but you were supposed to be seeing a guy getting hit by a propellor."

Dusk
12-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Heyyyy, I liked this one. Of course, I'm watching it on Xmas on a double bill with DONT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS. No low budget slasher can phase me! I love 'em all. Well, except for THE PREY. That just plain sucked.

Hellbilly
12-12-2002, 06:16 PM
I like THE PREY :p
Can't hardly wait for the AB disc :)

STREET TRASH
12-15-2002, 05:53 AM
Except, DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS is actually good (or at least entertaining and the action & gore is visible), unlike TO ALL A GOODNIGHT. What a sleazy film it is actually. Santa losing his weenie in a public urinal!! Seedy stuff.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT and DON'T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS would prove the ultimate double-bill for me on X-mas eve.