View Full Version : Wee...Im broke

2D4EVER
11-26-2002, 07:25 AM
Yo...I just got back from a DVD spree at ebay and I got:

Gojoe
Musa
Full Metal Yakuza
Memories (the anime)
and some other shit (finally got the Twin Peaks pilot)

So can anyone tell me how the discs are for Gojoe, Full Metal Yakuza and Memories? I have a feeling Memories is gonna look kinda like shit but I don't know. I been interested in it ever since I saw a music video for it last year.

BloodMan
11-26-2002, 10:37 PM
Not a clue... but I bet I know who the ebay seller was!
:)

Nick

2D4EVER
11-27-2002, 02:52 AM
I bet you do. :) That guy is great. Most of his shit is boots but I don't care. I got the HK Seventh Curse dvd from him earlier this year. There's no other way I'd get to see Full Metal Yakuza or Gojoe or Memories on dvd besides this right now. And I got 2009 from someone else. That one is not a boot.:)

BloodMan
11-27-2002, 05:58 AM
:) Yah he's got alot of good stuff. I just got Ninja Scroll from this guy.
:) :)

cheers

Nick

Rainbowthief
11-27-2002, 07:48 AM
Ha! I spent money I really can't afford to blow today on the four disc Lord of the Rings set and Audition, which I was friggin' dying to see.

Damn DVDs. I may need a second job to support my addic--I mean, my hobby. :D

KillerCannabis
11-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Sweet buys. That Twin Peaks pilot episode is invalueable considering the only way to see the pilot on DVD now is to hunt down that bootleg disc.

Bods
11-29-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis
Sweet buys. That Twin Peaks pilot episode is invalueable considering the only way to see the pilot on DVD now is to hunt down that bootleg disc.

The Twin Peaks pilot is available on a legit HK DVD.

Gojoe, Full Metal Yakuza & Memories are all available on legit discs too. The FMY & Gojoe boots came straight from the legit discs, with subs added using a timed script originally created for use with the those legit discs (thankfully the guy who made the scripts is no longer making them public, so these bootleggers can go back to making subs babelfish style or ripping discs that already have them).

See Seoul for a recent example of how the usual bootlegger does their subs...

http://www.filmfuchs.de/special/asien/screenshot/seoulfun01.jpg

dwatts
11-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Brilliant - but if you're getting bootlegs - you deserve it.

Rainbowthief
11-29-2002, 11:59 AM
HAHAHA! I love Engrish subtitles.

Bods
11-29-2002, 12:25 PM
The guy who got saddled with this DVD made a whole bunch of screenshots, more can be found here:

http://pub5.ezboard.com/fhongkongdvdsgeneral.showMessage?topicID=4253.topi c

2D4EVER
11-29-2002, 04:13 PM
I haven't gotten many boots but all the ones I have are very well done (especially the Versus boot). I don't see this bootlegger being in business much longer if his subs are that shitty. But I have many US and HK discs and VCDs with HORRIBLE subs as well. The Manga Tokyo Fist subs are fairly shitty. The fucking City of the Lost Souls VCD I have spells the name of the movie wrong in the intro. I mean how much fucking worse can you get? Oh yeah...my Bichunmoo VCD...says it has english subs. Guess what? It has subs all right...CHINESE subs. Garbage.

Comedian
12-01-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by KillerCannabis

Not really. The german box of Season One (released by Paramount) includes the pilot episode.

Evil Disco Guy
12-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Comedian
Not really. The german box of Season One (released by Paramount) includes the pilot episode.
As does the UK release.

napalm68
12-01-2002, 10:24 PM
The HK Twin Peaks pilot is not a bootleg.

BloodMan
12-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Hey 2D... have you recieved your films you got on ebay yet? If so, how is Gojoe? Full Metal Yakuza?
:)

Nick

2D4EVER
12-07-2002, 06:58 PM
Yup I got them all. :) I've been really busy and I got lots of shit to do next week but when next week is over I'll watch them all and tell you what I think. I can't wait to see Gojoe. I got a feeling its gonna be fucking awesome.:)