PDA

View Full Version : Sadako figurines

Paff
12-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey all you Ring fans and collectors of figurines!
The Clay Guy has added a Sadako figurine to his collection (NOT Samara!)

It looks pretty cool. I've seen this guy's stuff up close, and I'm seriously considering buying some, even though I'm not into collecting things like this usually:

http://www.clayguy.com/attackoftheclaypeople/id11.html

BloodMan
12-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Wow... that is some damn cool shiiiot! I think I will order some stuff.

cheers!!!

Nick
:) :) :) :)

mcchrist
12-02-2002, 05:24 AM
That's awesome! The Freddy and Jason ones look pretty goofy. I would love to see a Freddy vs. Jason made with these ala Rudolph, etc.

Paff
12-02-2002, 08:23 AM
I've noticed that not all of his figures are realistic looking, but i do like the caricature nature of them. I think his Buffy figures aren't very good, yet the Giles one is friggin great. So they're kinda hit or miss.

Like I said, they do look pretty cool up close. If you check out my Comic-Con diary from back in August (search the News Archives on the front page to find it), you'll see the photo I took of his booth.

DefJeff
12-02-2002, 08:01 PM
those things look beyond awful...

DVD Connoisseur
12-02-2002, 09:22 PM
My initial opinion was "Urgggh!" However, after looking through the various selections, I now think they're pretty cool. Some of the caricature's really hit the spot and they'd certainly brighten up a shelf of DVDs. They're a fun addition to a collection....

If I had enough money, I'd certainly be ordering a handful.

Paff
12-02-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur
Some of the caricature's really hit the spot and they'd certainly brighten up a shelf of DVDs.

Exactly. Some work, some don't.

I think the Tall Man one is cool, and the Sadako one doesn't look bad either. I think the more outrageous the character, the better his statues look. Example, the Divine (Pink Flamingos) and the Martian Girl (Mars Attacks!)

KillerCannabis
12-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Actually, I think they all sucked, but thats just me.