PDA

View Full Version : Some new UK releases

Behemoth
12-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Check out this site:

http://www.artsmagic.co.uk/EasternCultCinema/index.htm

Films like Hypnosis, Fudoh, Pyrokinesis, Wild Zero and the 2 Evil Dead Trap films are being released on DVD in the UK. Nice.

Bods
12-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Fudoh & EDT part 1 have been cut by the bbfc.

Hypnosis is cool movie, but their disc sounds pretty bad...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=Review&id=1149&story=3873

Fart Lighter
12-02-2002, 06:17 PM
I hear that ARTS MAGIC (whio also have SPIRAL) are a terrible complany when it comes to quality. In the Vipco and Tartan area, apparently.

dwatts
12-02-2002, 06:55 PM
That'll be great! I have some Tartan, and they're not half bad. Diamond is bad - tartan good.

napalm68
12-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Hypnosis, Junk, and Wild Zero! Cool!

Evil Disco Guy
12-03-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Fart Lighter
I hear that ARTS MAGIC (whio also have SPIRAL) are a terrible complany when it comes to quality. In the Vipco and Tartan area, apparently. They're nowhere near the level of crap of Vipco or old Tartan. Yes Hypnosis isn't exactly a stunning disc but it is far better than, for example, the Fudoh Tokyo Shock DVD. Plus it seems the other releases are set to be anamorphic and seen as though Pyrokinesis has been released and is anamorphic, well, it's a good sign for the future.

Shame about Evil Dead Trap and Fudoh though... Still Junk has been passed uncut and I can't see the BBFC cutting Wild Zero or Uzumaki, Evil Dead Trap 2 will probably be cut though. Artsmagic has also released Demon (aka Yasha), Evil of Dracula (aka Bloodhtirsty Rose), Lady Snowblood 1 & 2 and Lake of Dracula (aka Blood Thirsty Eyes). From the reviews I've read of the Evil of Dracula and Lake of Dracula releases, it seems they're pretty good... If not a little bare bones.

KillerCannabis
12-05-2002, 01:08 PM
When the hell is Junk coming out on R1? I've heard rumors that it was getting a release but I havent heard any news recently. Same with Wild Zero. These Asian flicks need R1 releases badly!