PDA

View Full Version : Friday The 13th Uk

evileye
12-04-2002, 04:50 AM
Apparently FRIDAY THE 13TH is getting a region 2 release next September from Warner. Wonder if they will pony up for a better edition than Paramount (like the uncut Japanese print)?

KillerCannabis
12-04-2002, 10:53 AM
From Warner? Wow. I'd love to see a specs list on this if you can rustle one up.

onebyone
12-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Very interesting. I would love a better edition. I greedily await more news. :D

Justin Kerswell
12-05-2002, 12:16 AM
Well, there's a ropey, albeit uncut version, showing sometimes on British cable TV, sometimes, which has the Warners' logo attached. The company put it out in the UK uncut (as was the British cinema release) back in the early 80's on home video; after video certification it was re-released cut by Warners, on video, where they 'whited-out' some of the gore, rather than cut it. Hopefully, they will see sense, as the film should get through the BBFC unscathed thes days. Fingers crossed! ... [note: the 'uncut' version I'm refering to does not have the extended second murder (of the girl counsellor), which is rumoured to be out there (on Dutch video?), but I'll only be convinced when I see it with my own eyes.]

STREET TRASH
12-05-2002, 04:08 AM
The Japanese tape released by Warner some 20 years ago is uncut, or at least I thought it was until I'd heard a rumor about the U.S. Warner Home Video tape containing even more footage, ie. - Bill and Brenda's on-screen deaths!

BlazingMagnum
12-08-2002, 11:42 PM
Tom Savini (Grande Illusions . . . I think) says that whatever they shot for the movie - ended up in the movie, apart from the axe-in-the-face scene, which didn't make it in there because the effect didn't work out.

The longer scene in the old UK Warner version - was an extended version of the death of Kevin Bacon. In this cut, we see the arrow head moving around more after it pushes through his throat, and then blood fountaining out of the wound, - which was apparantly a mistake when they filmed the scene. The tubing somehow popped off the catheter-pump, and Taso Stavrakis (Savini's pal & assistant on various movies) picked it up & blew into it - creating the arterial effect.

Joni Backman
12-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Jap-LD, Greek VHS (which I own) & Danish VHS are uncut unrated versions. There are extra gore in three different murders. Dutch VHS is R-rated version.

R1-DVD has uncut version of the throat slashing. In UK and Dutch VHS versions that scene is also 1-2 seconds shorter.

Bacon-scene is really brutal in unrated form. And there sure ain't anything wrong with any missing-in-R-rated-version FX. Bacon-scene has extra shot (from above, couple of seconds), others (axe and endind) have just few extra frames.

I'm happy with my R1 DVD. I sure don't watch whole film on VHS for the couple of extra seconds. But if it comes out on R2-DVD in unrated form, it's really great news!