PDA

View Full Version : requiem for a dream

Harms the Stoppa
02-01-2001, 02:53 AM
many have categorized this as a horror film,unfortunately i can't find it paying here anywhere and the dvd hits in march,so will someone e-mail me spoilers? snfamiko@mtv.com

------------------

ctyner
02-01-2001, 03:17 AM
It's been delayed till mid-April.

I wouldn't classify it as a horror film, though I think most genre fans will be able to appreciate the film. As much of a gorehound as I am, Requiem's disturbing visuals made me wince more than a few times.

------------------
My DVD list (http://www.weirdal.org/me/html/dvd/list.php3) | bigwolfoncampus.org (http://www.bigwolfoncampus.org)

Harms the Stoppa
02-01-2001, 02:50 PM
DAMN IT! DAMN YOU JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK! mid april? .......

------------------

TobalRox
02-24-2001, 04:59 AM
Well, I just went and saw it with a few friends from school at the $4 theater across the street, and all I can say is that the movie was AMAZING! I was just in awe the whole time, and still am now afterwards. I even went and downloaded some of the soundtrack from Napster (it fit the movie so well). It was just an superbly done movie, with great visuals, acting, and it definitely made a point. I recomend it to anyone.

Cujo108
02-24-2001, 06:11 AM
Requiem for a Dream is easily the best film of 2000. Hell, its one of the best films of all time! It is very well done and has a big emotional effect on the viewer. I thought this film was brilliantly done. I hope they don't push the DVD release date back anymore.

TobalRox
02-24-2001, 07:58 AM
Definitely emotional. I don't think I've ever left the theater after seeing a movie, like I did after seeing this movie. I'm straight edge (no drugs, alcohol, or smoking) and this just reaffirnmed that, that's for sure. My friends all said the same. I was blown away by so many of the scenes. Oh, and another thing, on a side note; besides when she looked like a major junkie, Jennifer Connelly was HOT in this movie. The DVD is definitely at the top of my list to buy once it comes out. I'm very interested in hearing the commentary and I hope the documentary is more than just a promo thing like other "making of" extras on some discs.

MovieFan
02-24-2001, 11:49 PM
Cytner, the DVD has been delayed to mid-May, not mid-April. :(

There will also be two versions of the film on DVD: the unrated and the R-rated cut. :mad: As of now, DVD Empire is only carrying the R-rated cut of the film while no other online stores (as of now) are carrying the R-rated cut.

TobalRox
03-01-2001, 07:07 AM
I went and saw it again Monday and still think its' great. Anyway, I went and got Pi today as well, and watched it. Great flick, and very thought provoking. Aronofsky is a very talented writer/director and i'm interested to see what he'll do with Batman.

ctyner
03-01-2001, 02:18 PM
Cytner, the DVD has been delayed to mid-May, not mid-April.

We're both right. :) "Requiem" is on its third release date (at least).

TobalRox
03-01-2001, 07:30 PM
mutleyhyde, good call on Jennifer Connelly, I definitely loved her in Dark City as well, which is another great movie. Has anyone read any interviews or listened to the commentary on Pi yet with Daron Aronofsky?

AceRimRat
03-01-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by TobalRox:
mutleyhyde, good call on Jennifer Connelly, I definitely loved her in Dark City as well, which is another great movie. Has anyone read any interviews or listened to the commentary on Pi yet with Daron Aronofsky?

Very good call on JC. Dark City, Phenomena - a terrific actress, and cute, too.

mutleyhyde
03-01-2001, 11:12 PM
For total out and out JC babe-age, The Rocketeer and Career Opportunities are required viewing. One of these days, I'm going to have to sit through The Hot Spot. Our little flower gets nekkid in that one. I just can't stand the thought of sitting through a movie with Don Johnson as the lead though. And lets not forget the fantastical Labrinyth, and Jennifer's wonderful debut performance in Sergio Leone's incredible swan song, Once Upon A Time in America. There is so much that Sergio brought to the cinema, and yet he even left us a last, parting gift in that hot babe known as Jennifer Connelly. Thanks Serge, we are all the better for it :D !

mutleyhyde
03-02-2001, 06:46 AM
TobalRox, Jennifer Connelly is hot in ANY movie, junkie or not :D . I'm gonna have to check this one out, it sounds like. I totally missed it, never heard about it, but by the looks of this thread, it must be doing something right. Maybe I'll see Requiem and then rent Pi. Yeah, yeah - I know.

Paff
03-02-2001, 05:16 PM
Heheheh.....The local art house cinema is going to be doing a double feature of Pi AND Requiem For a Dream. And get this, they're doing it on March 14. (get it? 3/14??)

And I'll concur on the hotness of one Jennifer Connelly. Anyone remember Career Opportunities? (and the hobby horse?)
As far as The Hot Spot, the funny thing about that movie is that JC's nude scene is her LEAST sexiest scene in the movie!! It's hard to explain, but somehow seeing her sitting by a lake in a very somber mood doesn't even compare to the scenes where the camera crawls up her body as the tiniest little dress clings to her sweaty figure......

OK, this is getting way off topic now...

ctyner
03-02-2001, 08:12 PM
I agree. "The Hot Spot"'s not that great a movie, but Jennifer's wonderful in it.