PDA

View Full Version : Stacy is out on DVD

poorlogic
12-11-2002, 04:32 AM
I just saw this on ebay and bought it right away.

http://www.fjmovie.com/horror/t8/94.jpg

I'll let you know what the quality of DVD looks like once I get it.

Anyone seen this film? I know Snaypse is suppose to have this sometime, but I missed getting Wild Zero on ebay for $12 (local dvd store wants $82.99????) so I figured what the hell...

Shannafey
12-11-2002, 03:22 PM
It's probably an HK region 0 disc. www.yumyumanime.com has a bunch of them, including Wild Zero. They haven't gotten Stacy, because of the coming Synapse release, but I wish they would, the HK discs have been great quality. I'll have to check Ebay myself, since I, too, am anxious to see Stacy.

Zodiac-Mindwarp
12-11-2002, 10:47 PM
This movie sounds great!!!
I saw a disc on Ebay, but I figured that it was most likely a boot and I did not want to buy it. On the other hand if the picture is good enough, and the disc has english subs, I might have to drop the cash for it.
So Poorlogic, I am really looking forward to your review of the disc :D

ronweston
12-13-2002, 03:23 AM
I just snagged a copy from him. Been wanting it for a long time -- first I've seen on DVD. It's probably a boot but if the quality is good it's worth the price. If it's as good as the yumyumanime.com copy of the uncut Ichi it'll be quite decent.

Fart Lighter
12-14-2002, 05:10 PM
The DVD is japanese, and usually very expensive. It's not availble in HK yet.

poorlogic
12-18-2002, 03:08 AM
Just got the DVD, when I opened the case - I noticed a very cheap bubble-jet printed cd label witht "Stacy" on it. Didn't look good - I threw in the disc an was blown away by the picture quality - it looks fucking awesome! I picture is widescreen and looks perfect. I 'll be watching this tonight - I I'm going to watch Minority Report first - never seen it either.

I'll offer a review of Stacy late tonight or tommorow.

BloodMan
12-18-2002, 03:36 AM
Ahhhh I've ordered from that person before poorlogic... Transfers are nice, but the cheap bubble letters suck and everything, but mehh. I too ordered STACY... but from a different seller this time. :) :) It must be damn awesome tho!!!!

Nick

ScarredGod
12-19-2002, 01:23 AM
i watched stacy last week, just a video of it, not the disc being discussed and while i thought the movie was OK, it wasnt anything great, i think it went on about a half hour too long as it tried to get artsy, i kept thinking ok finally its over, but then it went 10 more minutes, it just seemed like a glorified troma movie to me, and im not a troma fan.

poorlogic
12-19-2002, 02:46 AM
The DVD-R that I got was bad, but a replacement disc is on it's way - your right about it looking like a Troma film - and I hate Troma films - but I like the strange storyline and can't wait to see beyond the first 30 minutes (when the disc went bad).

I did like what saw so far...Was this shot on 16MM or high end digital video?

robman795
01-05-2003, 02:33 AM
is anybody willing to sell me a copy of Stacy on DVD-R. I would be willing to pay around $30.00 and whatever the costs are for shipping. Ive been looking for the film for awhile.

poorlogic
01-05-2003, 08:03 PM
robman795 - check your pm box

robman795
01-06-2003, 05:30 AM
thanks dude I appreciate it.

robman795
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
I was wondering anybody who has the CD-R or DVD version of Stacy could you possablly scan the DVD art and post it on the site.

KR~!
01-08-2003, 06:33 AM
Look a review!

http://www.teleport-city.com/movies/reviews/horror/stacy.html

robman795
01-08-2003, 10:13 AM
thats a good review I read it awhile ago. They didn't care for the flick but Im sure looking forward to it. Im getting a chance to see it because of the great dude poorlogic. thanks again man:) :cool: :banana: :banana: :banana:

KR~!
01-09-2003, 01:26 AM
I know, after I read that review, i wanted to see the movie so bad! :evil:

robman795
01-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Im just expecting some nice gore. And I want to get every asian zombie film out there. Im looking forward to Down to Hell and I orderd Bio Cops im waiting for it to arrive.:banana::fire::cry: love thoes smilies.

Lindane
01-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Goddamn does this movie blow donkey dick!! I heard good things about this and was truly intrigued by the cover art I decided to pick it up. A fucking 25 dollar DVD-R!! Me and my friend deemed this "the longest, shortest movie ever made". It's like 70 minutes but it feels like an epic long struggle. And it's shot on DV which is really hard for me to look past. Not a single bit of Japanese-zombie-school girl T and A either. That bitch with the wind bell needs to get her brains blown through the fucking back of her skull for not getting naked!

DefJeff
07-09-2003, 04:22 AM
xploitedcinema and diabolikdvd got this title in early (the Synapse version, scheduled to street on 7/22) .. I ordered it earlier today.. because I trust everyone here's opinions alot, I am not expecting much, but I have been curious for so long, I simply had to give it a chance.

Shannafey
07-09-2003, 01:24 PM
I feel the same way as you, Jeff, except, there's so much coming out that I want, I will wait to pick it up. I had some high expectations for this flick. Too Bad!!

BloodMan
07-09-2003, 07:37 PM
7 months ago I got this on ebay. I was excited to say the least as I waited for it to arrive. It got here... I watched it... and I felt like shooting myself. :fuck: Thats all I'm gonna say.

Nick

DefJeff
07-12-2003, 06:43 AM
you guys are crazy! :D

http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13476

especially you, Bloodman! :lol:

BloodMan
07-14-2003, 08:04 PM
This movie is awful awful! I will buy every copy of this and burn em. Thats how much I hate it. I will spend as much as possible just to see em burn!! :) I truly hate this thing.

Nick

razorbackattack
07-17-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, all my fears of this fillm came true. It really is as bad as I heard it to be. In fact, it was FUCKING SHIT! Aside from some cool gore scenes, the movie was awful. It had so much potential, and that's what I'm pissed off at the most!

I'll go watch JUNK again, ahhhhh....much better.

BloodMan
07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
razorbackattack... you rock!!! Tho I didn't care much for Junk, you still rock cuz you hate Stacy too!!

Nick

razorbackattack
07-17-2003, 08:39 PM
haha, thanks! Oh my god...this movie was so awful! I'm still thinking about how bad it was. They should have just showed nothing but gore scenes, the so-called "story/plot" was lame as hell. Love story my ass! I felt nothing for any of the characters in this film, I wanted to see them all wiped out as soon as possible. That girl running around with that annoying bell, god...shut up already!! Words can't express just how terrible this film was. I've seen JR Bookwalter films better than this, that just shows you how bad it was! Hell, even Todd Sheets films are better! :fire:

BloodMan
07-17-2003, 08:47 PM
True Dat! A terrible terrible movie. JR Bookwalter movies are pieces of art, masterpieces compared to this crapola. :)

Nick