PDA

View Full Version : Question about last scene in "April Fool's Day"

MaxRenn
12-14-2002, 07:23 AM
SPOILERS

Looking for a little help.........I watched "April Fool's Day" the other night and feel like I missed something in the movie. What was the meaning of the very last scene when Muffy was alone in her room? What was the significance of the box? Who was the blond girl? And what did she say? I am really lost on this and it's driving me crazy so any help would be appreciated!

Hellbilly
12-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Muffy had a "nasty surprise" with the jack-in-the-box once as seen in the opening "flashback" sequence.
The blond girl in the end was "Nan", the one who found a tape recorder with a baby crying in her closet.
"Cutting" Muffy's throat was her revenge because of that baby-tape (Nan had an abortion once).

Dusk
12-15-2002, 02:10 AM
Heheh, you should see the REAL ending...

MaxRenn
12-15-2002, 02:15 AM
Thanks Hellbilly. I guess that was the filmmakers having another joke on us!

rhett
12-15-2002, 04:16 AM
Heh, okay, thank God, I thought you were confused about the part where everyone figures out that it was all just a big joke. :)

Great slasher movie though!

KillerCannabis
12-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Hey, what REAL ending? Spill it Dusk.......

Dusk
12-19-2002, 03:28 AM
SPOILER

Skip turns out to be the killer, and yes he's really killing everyone. He tries to kill Final Girl but Rob stabs him in the back and he dies. The Muffy cradles his dead body, talking about their inheritance and slowly going crazy.

Unfortunately Paramount cut it and never put it on the DVD. but look at the back of the DVD and you will see a remnant of it... Skip dying slouched against the wall and the blood splats from his back wound on the wall. It's sad I got heaps of pics from this ending but never got to saw it. But I'm contacting Fred Walton, sooo ;)

Doombear
12-19-2002, 01:00 PM
So... do Muffy and Nan have a lesbian relationship going on at the end?

Dusk
12-19-2002, 05:21 PM
No. Hi Doombear, it's me, John off phantasmsend.com.