PDA

View Full Version : what happend to Synapse's Wild Zero dvd??

DefJeff
12-16-2002, 04:02 AM
where is this dvd?? i thought it was supposed to come out in Dec, and i havent heard anything on it in a long time

im really looking forward to seeing this

anyone heard anything about when this is supposidly out?

poorlogic
12-16-2002, 05:03 AM
Check the latest news on Synapse website, oh wait - there hasn't been an update in 4 months...

They said December, but wasn't Thriller: A Cruel Picture suppose to be out in December as well? With no sign of Deli being release - I figure Wild Zero won't be out before Spring of 2003.

Anyone have the German release of Wild Zero? Any comments on the quality?

mcchrist
12-16-2002, 10:50 AM
I won't comment on which edition of the movie I have since its a bootleg, presumably from the Japanese disc (maybe the German disc, who knows). But I will say that on one hand, this movie is badass... On the other hand, however, this movie feels like complete and total bullshit. Its fun, but come on! There are just some things in this that are way too over the top to even be funny, just strangely stupid and absurd. Like a high-budget troma film, and I'm not talking Toxic Avenger I'm talking more something along the lines of Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid or something equally retarded. But I'm sure there will be some that will embrace this and hype it all to hell simply because its a Japanese horror film. Its fun, but just way too fucking much! (and I'm not talking about the trans-gender thing)

Shannafey
12-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Just get it from www.yumyumanime.com That's where I got mine. Didn't want to wait for Synapse. The transfer on their dvd is excellent. No extras, but if you want a copy, it's your best bet right now. It's a HK Region 0 disc. Oh, and by the way, MCChrist's comments are dead on!!

poorlogic
12-17-2002, 02:51 AM
Hey Shannafey, I order the uncut Ichi The Killer and the new anamorphic Ring dvd from yumyumanime and it's my first time ordering from them. How long does it usually take for thier stuff to arrive? I order about 8 days ago - I figured it might be slowed down by the holiday season and all - just wondering.

Thanks!

Shannafey
12-17-2002, 03:43 AM
Shoot, Poorlogic, I have never actually ordered from them. They are based in Orlando, and do all the South Florida collectible shows, so I've come to know them well, and can vouch for the quality of the dvds, but not the shipping.

robman795
01-05-2003, 02:38 AM
There shipping is very fast I orderd DOA 2 and Full Metal Gokudo from them and got my order in 3 days.

taxidriver6
01-05-2003, 07:22 AM
I ordered Versus and Ichi Uncut from them separately on Ebay and I rec'd them both within five days here in California. Don't expect any emails though.

Linn
01-08-2003, 04:46 AM
How were those two Miike discs? I've been looking at those and love the Yum Yum guys. Are they up to the Versus disc?

Funktion
01-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Shannafey
Just get it from www.yumyumanime.com That's where I got mine. Didn't want to wait for Synapse. The transfer on their dvd is excellent. No extras, but if you want a copy, it's your best bet right now. It's a HK Region 0 disc. Oh, and by the way, MCChrist's comments are dead on!!

That Wild Zero dvd is a bootleg, there isn't any official dvd release in HK.

Shannafey
01-08-2003, 03:01 PM
We've heard this before. They're probably all bootlegs, but these companies aren't getting off their asses and releasing the stuff, so it's those who have a region 1 player's only means of seeing these films, and the quality on these dvds is superb!