PDA

View Full Version : HALLOWEEN 2 commentary UK

evileye
12-20-2002, 05:19 AM
A while back the VIDEOWATCHDOG mag printed some info on the Kim Newman commentary coming on a US region 1 DVD of HALLOWEEN 2 (and 3).

I have never heard anything else about this and judging by the reviews of the UK DVD with this commentary (reported to have an awful picture) I will be skipping the import.

Yeah, I'm itching to upgrade to an anamorphic print, but not sure I shoudl jump for Universal's disc if the rumor mill is rumbling!

John
12-20-2002, 05:43 AM
H2 was supposed to have a commentary when it was released by Universal. For some reason or another, it was dropped. I never upgraded even though the picture has an anamorphic transfer. I figure that the commentary will surface sooner or later. Hopefully, this will make it's way to Universal's print.

CJ
12-22-2002, 02:05 AM
Is H2 slated for an upcoming SE from Universal then?

rxfiend
12-24-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by CJ
Is H2 slated for an upcoming SE from Universal then?

i wouldn't count on it.

evileye
12-25-2002, 04:46 AM
I doubt Universal would do a S.E. of HALLOWEEN 2, but since Anchor Bay is working on more of their titles, I would not be surprised to see a S.E. from them with that commentary.

BlazingMagnum
12-25-2002, 05:39 PM
I'm not too bothered about a Kim commentary anyway!

rhett
12-26-2002, 01:42 AM
There was supposed to be a commentary and deleted scenes used in the TV cut, but since Rosenthal was busy with Halloween: Ressurection, he had no time to participate with the DVD. Considering Universal did not release any horror titles other than Cat People this year, that must suggest that their Halloween titles two years ago did not fare so well in sales. I'd say we'd be lucky to get a bare bones Halloween III, let alone an SE of H2.

evileye
12-26-2002, 01:58 AM
Yes, but since Anchor Bay indicated they are working on more Disney and Universal titles, I would put my money on something coming in the next 2 years. VIDEO WATCHDOG recently ran an article about the Kim Newman region 2 commentary on the DEAD ZONE and stated Newman and Jones were working on commentaries for HALLOWEEN 2 & 3 which "will come out in the UK as separate releases and in the US as part of a HALLOWEEN series box set" (issue 88).

My guess? Anchor Bay puts out:

HALLOWEEN - the upcoming new edition with commentary
HALLOWEEN 2 - with the Newman/Jones commentary
HALLOWEEN 3 - with the Newman/Jones commentary
HALLOWEEN 4 - the existing edition
HALLOWEEN 5 - the existing edition
HALLOWEEN 6 - maybe something reworked (producer cut??)
HALLOWEEN H20 - a real special edition with Miner commentary
HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION - the existing edition

Hopefully if this comes about, they will do new transfers of HALLOWEEN 2 (the UK edition is a grainy mess) and HALLOWEEN 3 (the UK is 1.85:1, not 2.35:1). Lets also hope we see HALLOWEEN 6 & H20 anamorphic finally!