View Full Version : Metropolis cover art, Kino edition

mutleyhyde
01-01-2003, 08:06 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007L4MJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

YES! YES! YES!!! :D :D :D

I can't friggin' wait.

mcchrist
01-01-2003, 12:50 PM
I don't like the cover art, they could have used some of the other promotional artwork from the time period (some of that stuff is fucking cool as hell!)

mutleyhyde
01-01-2003, 01:05 PM
How can you not like Maria? I mean, yeah, I hear ya, you have your druthers, but you actually dislike the classic image??

And I'm not excited over the cover art, I'm just excited as hell that it's been posted... that just means we're one step closer to street date - yeeeaaahhh!!!

mcchrist
01-01-2003, 01:08 PM
I would have preferred something like this:

http://www.paris1903.com/Images/Products/Metroweb.jpg

But maybe that's just me.

mutleyhyde
01-01-2003, 01:16 PM
No, I love the old posters, I'm just saying, I don't see how one could actively actually dislike the image they used. It's from the film! I don't understand. :)

marioscido
01-01-2003, 08:22 PM
I agree with MC about the cover art, and I also cannot wait for this to show up here. I saw on the Kino web site that a print will be showing in January in Toronto, but nothing yet about Montréal? I hoping it will be aound the same time here as well...

betterdan
01-01-2003, 08:58 PM
That poster MC posted is beautiful.

mutleyhyde
01-01-2003, 09:53 PM
This is a Goddamned conspiracy. ;)

Okay okay! So the cover art sucks! But I ask you, pray tell fellow DVD addicts, what does it matter??? Is it not the movie itself that matters, the collective digital ones and zeros imprinted on the pretty shiny disc that will send a stream of signals to our beloved machines of the 21st century, and thereby splash wonderful images of grace and wonder in glorious black and white across the once cold, coal black screen of our looking glass into the realm of fantasy? What weight can mere cover art hold over such power, I ask!?!

;)

betterdan
01-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Ummm WTF? ;) The cover art isn't bad but the poster art would be sooo much better. And yes it is the movie that counts.

mutleyhyde
01-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by betterdan
Ummm WTF? ;)

:D

HailtotheKing
01-02-2003, 02:56 AM
I can't wait for the release of this one!:glasses:

Damed
01-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Any ideas as to street date for this DVD?

mutleyhyde
01-03-2003, 08:16 PM
DVD Price Search is saying 2/18/03, but Image's website doesn't even list it yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Shannafey
01-03-2003, 09:08 PM
That poster RULES!!!

Big Bobby D
07-06-2005, 07:37 AM
I just saw this thread and thought I'd comment. I've seen this disc and the film looks great, probably the best Metropolis has ever looked. There's even a restoration demo showing how much went into the transfer. This is a really good disc if you're a fan of the film, but, the audio commentary is the worst I've ever listened to.
Oh, I think that the dvd cover art is cool, but the poster is awesome, but, it has been used on other Metropolis dvds, so, maybe that's why Kino/Image decided to use a simple shot of the robot (Maria?-I can't remeber her name!) to set this dvd on it's own from those bargain bin (practically) bootleg versions out there.

Agent Z
07-06-2005, 08:05 AM
But I ask you, pray tell fellow DVD addicts, what does it matter??? Is it not the movie itself that matters, the collective digital ones and zeros imprinted on the pretty shiny disc that will send a stream of signals to our beloved machines of the 21st century, and thereby splash wonderful images of grace and wonder in glorious black and white across the once cold, coal black screen of our looking glass into the realm of fantasy? What weight can mere cover art hold over such power, I ask!?!

:spit:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it took a little over 2 1/2 years for hyde's original post to find me and make me spit my iced tea in a laughing fit, but the train has finally arrived at the station.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/MissionCodeZ/24.gif