PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Spoilers! Scenes That Made You Jump

Hellbilly
01-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Got a fave?

Vote...

Cujo108
01-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Definitely the blood test scene in THE THING! Nearly made me jump out of my skin the first time I saw it.

Mattster
01-02-2003, 08:55 PM
I picked others. The last time I got really freaked out was by "The Ring" remake when Samara vanished and reappeared in front of Noah.

DefJeff
01-02-2003, 09:16 PM
i voted others as well

when the main character of Audition opended the bag in that chicks house, holy shit i almost lost it!

Hellbilly
01-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Yup, good scene there Jeff.

Another cool scare scene: MISERY - The pissed off Kathy Bates' closeup, standing by James Caan's bed during the thunderstorm. Made me jump!

onebyone
01-04-2003, 01:36 PM
I voted for Carol Kane's bed surprise in "When A Stranger Calls." There are several moments in that movie that really make me jump each time I see it. Runner up was the ending of Mother's Day.

Hellbilly
01-04-2003, 01:49 PM
That's another fave of mine there, onebyone. Kane's bed surprise: First you hear the moaning, then the closet door opens, and then ... ARGH! :D Good stuff!

betterdan
01-04-2003, 04:44 PM
I started to go with Jason coming out of the lake as it scared the shit out of my brother at the drive in first time we saw it and he didn't move for about 5 minutes hahaha. I went with Carrie though because that scene really scared the hell out of me when I was younger and gave me nightmares. Yea I was a wuss but hey:banana:

Eddie Quist
01-05-2003, 03:45 AM
BEYOND THE DARKNESS: When the girl bursts out of the coffin at the very end. That startled the crap out of me.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE: When Camille Keaton crawls back to her house and goes for the phone, and the rapist kicks the phone out of her hands. Another great "jump" scare.

thrashard76
01-05-2003, 09:22 AM
The hands coming out of the wall in the beginning of Day Of The Dead. :eek1:

Also, the penis scene in I Spit On Your Grave. I still cringe when I watch that shit! :nervous: :cry:

rhett
01-05-2003, 08:06 PM
There were a lot of classic scenes you listed there Helly, but in the end I had to go with FRIDAY THE 13TH. The ending works so good because you KNOW that something is going to happen, you KNOW that all is not well, but it still makes ya jump even after 20 years! The blood test scene in THE THING is a close second! Nice poll Hellmasta.

Jamm
01-06-2003, 03:19 PM
I voted other. For me it has to be the bathtub scene in "I Spit On Your Grave". I cannot recall anything else that has ever made me "jump" in the past 15 or 20 years (been watching horror since I was so young, I think I've become very desensitized).

hell ya!
01-07-2003, 02:20 AM
The "screaming/jumping" blood (test) in THE THING:banana: :banana:

mcchrist
01-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I voted for others because I can't decide.

Damed
01-10-2003, 11:22 PM
The blood test in "The Thing"

I freaked right out when I saw that years ago..

Hellbilly
01-11-2003, 01:29 AM
*mental note: no more "other" option at the next poll*

:D

the.wicked.one
01-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Good poll. You really gathered some of the absolute best scare scenes in horror history. Cudos!

I voted for Leatherface jumping out the record vault in TCM2 because it still gets to me to this day. It's just perfectly filmed and staged.

Runner-up: The ghost on the couch scene in Stir of Echoes.
2nd Runner-up: The nurse scene in Exorcist 3. Brilliant.

bwana the clown
01-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Exorcist 3 - Night nurse scene.

Scares the shit out of me every time. And it's not just a cheap scare either - that imagery is some truly freaky shit!!
:banana:

ZombieDrummer
01-16-2003, 11:17 PM
the thing scene, altho the facehugger thing in alien is a close second, to this day i cant watch that scene wtih BOTH eyes open!

BlazingMagnum
01-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Man - there are so many! One cracker was in The Fog - where the sword comes bursting through the guy's chest, and also the scene on the moors during American Werewolf. My absolute favorite jump scene ever - is when Nathan's hand comes bursting from the ground in Creepshow! Awesome stuff.:evil:

KillerCannabis
02-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Blood test in The Thing. I totally wasnt expecting it to jump out like it did the first time I saw it and I nearly hit the roof. Classic scene.

John
02-01-2003, 05:43 PM
A friend and I were watching TCM2 at his place a little while back. He had the volume cranked up to an insane level and we were in a fairly small room. When Leatherface popped out, the shock mixed with the EXTREMELY LOUD CHAINSAW made me jump. It may never make me jump again, but it was nice to get caught off guard.

chrishicks
02-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Exorcist 3 scene always sends a chill.

The Chaostar
02-10-2003, 03:54 PM
EXORCIST 3!
I was watching the film on VHS, having seen it twice on cinema. The scene comes and I almost shit myself. I rewind the scene and watch it again. And again it scares me. I do the same thing again. It gets the same reaction from me everytime!!!!:evil: :evil:

MapleBob
02-11-2003, 02:17 AM
I voted for the blood test scene in the Thing too, though there are so many.

When I was a kid, the final scene in the Drop of Water segment of Black Sabbath sent me running out of the room every time I saw it.

One time me and my sister were watching it, and then Bang! The room was empty.

And then we crept slowly back into the TV room. Unfortunately, the other two stories in that movie aren't as scary, AIP should have left Drop of Water as the last one.

EPKJ
02-14-2003, 05:50 PM
My vote goes to Jaws. That film is the only one which ever supplied me with real suspense.