PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw Intruder!

BloodMan
01-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Wow... this movie is awesome!! Love that bandsaw head bisection stuff. That was crazy! KNB Rules!!! What do you people think of this flick??

Nick

speanroc
01-04-2003, 01:29 PM
i love it!!!!!!!!

the gore effects are awsome, and sam raimi and the crew are
in it.

slinker
01-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Definately! i loved it too, that head crushing scene was pretty smart ..i expected the camera to pan away or a quick cut, but there it was *squish* :D

zombi3
01-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Great movie! We really need a dvd here in region 1! :(

Hellbilly
01-05-2003, 01:47 AM
I've never seen this one :cry:

BloodMan
01-05-2003, 05:35 AM
The Bandsaw scene is the best!! :D

Nick

zombi3
01-05-2003, 05:40 AM
Danny Hicks was good too. "Here comes fuckin' Parker..." :evil:

BloodMan
01-05-2003, 05:48 AM
Hey I noticed something... I know Sam Raimi and friends are fans of Three Stooges and stuff... there is a line in Intruder, where the old man tells the young couple in the store "hold hands you lovebirds" Now... at the end of Intruder, one of the cops is Lawrence Bender, who is a friend of Quentin Tarantino. In Pulp Fiction, the drug dealer guy is watching Three Stooges on TV... where some preacher guy says "Hold Hands you lovebirds" I just find it awesome that... in a way... Lawrence Bender links these 2 movies together. :banana:

Nick

Gnaghi
01-05-2003, 06:21 AM
i'm sure that they were using what they could get. that particular three stooges episode is public domain, no? it appears on all those cheapo releases.

gunner
01-05-2003, 07:37 PM
onebyone: Glad you liked Intruder! Did you get the special edition re-release I reviewed on this forum?

That "old man" who says "Hold hands you love birds" in Intruder is the actual actor (Emil Sitka) who said the infamous line in the original Three Stooges short where he played the justice of the peace.
Also, in Josh Becker's film Styker's War (or Thou Shalt Not Kill Except...) there's a scene with a character watching the 3 Stooges episode with the "Hold hands you lovebirds" line. And of course that film is also linked with the Evil Dead family. And then of course, there's Pulp Fiction.
Man, in a few years we'll be able to play the Kevin Bacon game with Sam Raimi! He can even be linked to italian cannibal films now with his inclusion of Robert Kerman in Spider Man.

BloodMan
01-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Awesome!!! :)
Intruder rulez!! I have watched this film 5 times since I got it the other day... its so fun! Just the stuff you want in a gore film... it delivers!

:)
Nick

Gnaghi
01-06-2003, 02:21 AM
That "old man" who says "Hold hands you love birds" in Intruder is the actual actor (Emil Sitka) who said the infamous line in the original Three Stooges short where he played the justice of the peace

i had a feeling it was him because it sounded so much like the original.