PDA

View Full Version : Nail Gun Massacre Import DVD Now Available In The US!!

gunner
01-16-2003, 12:37 AM
It's been awhile since I first mentioned that The Nail Gun Massacre was being released on a region 0 Pal disc by Astro. I just wanted to give a heads up that it's now in stock at www.diabolikdvd.com and www.xploitedcinema.com

I also found a german review that shows some screenshots and main menu capture. Anyone familiar with the old Magnum vhs release will deffinately see this dvd is a big improvement. Here's a link...
http://www.dtm.at/Reviews/Screen-Nailgun-Massacre.htm

the.wicked.one
01-16-2003, 01:45 AM
Niiiice! I'll be getting mine.

Cool screenshots. I had forgotten how sleazy that movie was.

onebyone
01-16-2003, 03:29 AM
You find the best stuff. I love this movie. Of course, I am slasher girl but still. good times. I am all over it.

betterdan
01-16-2003, 04:51 AM
Cool screenshots. Hope it comes out in region 1 soon.

BlazingMagnum
01-16-2003, 07:12 PM
I didn't like this movie at all - those stupid noises whenever the nailgun was fired pissed me off so much - I gave the movie away!
Another one of those psychos in crash helmets too! Boring!

razorbackattack
01-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I don't think this movie is worth 30 bucks at all! When are some region 1 companies going to release these cheesy flicks so we can all buy them for the price they're really worth - $5 bucks!!!!! I'd rather see Brentwood make a 10-film slasher set for like 10-15 bucks. Am I the only one who hates paying 30 bucks each for some cheap jack 80's slasher that most of us would have rented for 2 bucks back in the day? Don't get me wrong, I love these movies, but not enough to spend 30 bucks on just ONE movie, especially a really bad 80's cheapo flick. Anybody else agree?

Who else thinks Brentwood should do a cheap 10-film slasher set?

gunner
01-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Well, I love this movie. Plain and simple. I've been eagerly awaiting this title to get a dvd release for quite some time.
As expensive as $30.00 may seem for this german dvd it's actually 1/3 the price of what the old Magnum vhs retailed for.
But as for Nail Gun Massacre as a film. I can't argue about any negative comments anyone might have. It is amateurish,cheap,cheesy, & sleazy. But to me those are the films best attributes. I didn't find it boring though. The kills were frequent enough to keep things moving.
Now, take some other backyard 80's slashers like "Blood Lake" and "Revenge"...Now THOSE where boring.

mcchrist
01-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Nail Gun Massacre rocks, I'd gladly put up the cash for this one!

onebyone
01-17-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by gunner
I can't argue about any negative comments anyone might have. It is amateurish,cheap,cheesy, & sleazy. But to me those are the films best attributes.

No wonder I am always buying stuff you find on here. We look for the same things in movies. Is is cheap, cheesy and sleazy? Hand it over!

betterdan
01-18-2003, 02:18 AM
:lol: Onebyone you fit right in on here.:lol:

onebyone
02-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I got it I got it and it was such a pleasure to watch it. The dvd isn't perfect quality, but a hell of a lot better than my crap vhs. Besides, with a movie like this, too clean doesn't really work for me.

Thank you gunner, you find me the best goodies. :banana:

gunner
02-05-2003, 03:13 AM
No prob, I'm glad someone else here appreciates this crap. I loved the disc. Check out the film dubbed in german....it practically put me on the floor. Especially when the redneck yells "Mary Sue!" near the beginning. They even took the trouble to synthesize the killers voice (which is also hilarious)

Grim
02-05-2003, 04:21 AM
I've never seen it but looks cool, hope it comes to region 1 or region 0 ntsc, im confined to region 1 ntsc.:cry:

betterdan
02-05-2003, 05:12 AM
Me too Mr. Grim but I don't feel bad. About everything I want is or will be on region 1.

mcchrist
02-05-2003, 06:04 AM
Well, since the status of my player, as far as hackability for regions etc, is still up for debate, one thing I'm fairly certain it does is convert pal, and since the disc is R0... This might be a good one to test with :D I love this movie!!!

onebyone
02-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by gunner
No prob, I'm glad someone else here appreciates this crap. I loved the disc. Check out the film dubbed in german....it practically put me on the floor. Especially when the redneck yells "Mary Sue!" near the beginning. They even took the trouble to synthesize the killers voice (which is also hilarious)

Dude, I did that last night after I posted as I know some German and I thought I would be sick with laughter! Now I have a whole different way to enjoy this sleazy jewel. I like the dvd even better now. :D

STREET TRASH
02-05-2003, 04:49 PM
I have the Magnum VHS of Nail Gun Massacre and while the tape is pretty damn jumpy during the first 20 mins., I'm just happy as a peach with it. The movie isn't that great to replace, although it does have it's funny moments and --- without trying to be controversial --- some movies just really don't need to be on DVD.

Edit: And if they are, like someone said earlier, they should cost but a few bucks.

dlundh
02-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Was it just me or was the score to this movie some of the funniest shit ever?

The bad guys laugh and some $19.95 casio toy keybaord. Great stuff!

onebyone
02-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by dlundh
Was it just me or was the score to this movie some of the funniest shit ever?

The bad guys laugh and some $19.95 casio toy keybaord. Great stuff!

It is not just you. The score is just one of the many cheesy things about this movie that delights me. :banana:

KillerCannabis
04-08-2003, 10:05 AM
I havent seen this, but with a title like that I have a feeling I'm going to want to.

DEEPESTBLACK
11-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Nail Gun Massacre is now available in the US on DVD. Check it out at http://www.deepestblack.com/NAIL%20GUN%20MASSACRE%20DVD.htm. This is the official US release in a limited edition of only 500 copies numbered and signed by the director. Special features include an interview with the director conducted by yours truly!

chrishicks
11-08-2004, 04:12 PM
ummm....I placed an order for this but through a totally different site. now I'm kinda concerned if I ordered from a legit site.

DEEPESTBLACK
11-08-2004, 04:34 PM
If you ordered from Nailgunmassacre.com it is legit. We are an authorized distributor for it also. NAILGUNMASSACRE.COM is the director's website.

chrishicks
11-08-2004, 05:01 PM
yep, that was the site. that's good. thanks for letting me know.

Hellbilly
12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Just done watching the Astro DVD. Nail Gun Massacre (still) delivers the cheesy goods, had a blast watching this http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/images/icons/icon14.gif So dumb but fun :)

Fulcilives2004
03-26-2005, 07:49 PM
NAIL GUN MASSACRE (1985)
Re-Mastered in HD from Original Vault Materials Synapse

Unconfirmed date but at least we know its coming, this is official news from the Synapse website. Uncut as well. :evil:

ArrowBeach
03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Save your money and hold off until Synapse put's it out, as theirs will look 100 times better than the crappy one put out by the filmmaker. (and Synapse's will be cheaper too!)

Katatonia
03-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Save your money and hold off until Synapse put's it out, as theirs will look 100 times better than the crappy one put out by the filmmaker. (and Synapse's will be cheaper too!)

Indeed. I'm so glad I waited...the high price of the limited DVD was a turn off.

maskull
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
i saw it for sale in a store yesterday. I almost bought it but I guess it's good that i didn't. I didn't actually notice who had released the one in the store.